It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Pet Peeves

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

4. People who wdo not/will not make eye contact.

I hate this, too. You're having a conversation with them, and they're looking at everyone and everything except for you.

Especially annoying with store clerks.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Another pet peeve - the plastic wrapping that is used to enclose some products, like electronics. Memory chips, etc. You can hurt yourself trying to open them, and once opened, you can make a lethal weapon from the plastic.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
A big peeve of mine if when I am watching a movie with a couple people. While we are watching the movie I'll be there watching and the other two will be talking through a bunch of the movie.

Then one of them will turn to me and say:
"Hey, why'd this happen? Why'd he do that? What's going on?".

And I'm like:
"Well if you would've been watching the movie instead of talking YOU'D KNOW THE ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS YOU ASKED!!!!".

I don't get why people decide to watch a movie then they go and talk through half of it.

-tts

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I just go nuts when people have double standards.

Some people believe that they can do something, but no one else should do it.
I say that if you believe something is wrong and tell others not to do it, then don't do it yourself.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

4. People who do not/will not make eye contact.

Originally posted by jsobecky

Especially annoying with store clerks.

No, only if they look fine!

[edit on 12/28/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
ok...you pull up to a four-way stop...another driver has pulled up and stopped first, either in the left or right hand lane of the intersection...even though they should proceed into the intersection ahead of you (because they got there first) they insist upon "being polite" and waving you in ahead of them...this almost never fails to fry my nerves...I got to the intersection after the other driver, and my mind has automatically shifted into "waiting for you to go" mode...now I gotta' deal with this unlooked for "favor"...just go when it is your turn I say...the five seconds you have saved me by being "grascious" isn't worth the 10 minutes it takes off of my life due to a sudden spike in blood pressure.

I know they mean well but, d***it, just go when it's your turn!!!

Now I have to go lie down...

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This one really grinds my grits.

Everyone is sitting around, maybe having a brew or two, telling a few stories. Someone tells a good story that quickly reminds someone of something. Rather than commenting on the story itself, then quickly interrupt anyone who may of had anything to say, and rush into one of their own stories. Completely ignoring anything and everything the last person just said.

All that I am looking for is a:

Ha Ha!
That's Funny!
Really?
I can't believe you just said that!

Pick one! Humor me for a moment then rush onto your own story. I guess my problem is more with self indulgent people, but this is one scenario that happens all too often. Too often these people are the victimizers where their problems always outweigh everyone else's.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join