It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about angels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I have just watched the prophecy series (through 3, after that don't count - no christopher walken).
Do angels still walk the earth? I am not talking about guardian angels or spirits, I am talking about real angels, cheribum, seraphim, archangels, etc. The descriptions of these beings are amazing. They don't look like us, unless they "put on a robe of flesh". Anyone got any opinions?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Of course they do. I couldn't and would not want to imagine a world without them.

If you've ever seen a prayer group in action, petitioning for the safety of another person, then you have seen angels at work.

If you've ever looked into the smiling face of a child as they explore and learn of this life, than you have seen an angel.

If you have ever seen a firefighter desperately trying to save the home of someone they don't even know, you have seen an angel.

If you have seen a hospice worker, holding the hand of someone who is passing into the next world and comforting them, you have seen an angel.

There is a bit of angel in all of us, even if we do not see it in ourselves.

The next time you look in a mirror, looking for a new gray hair or an old gray wrinkle, Just stop for a moment and take a good look in the mirror.

You may just be surprised at the beauty of the angel looking back at you.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
when I dream of angels here on earth, I think about men with a full white aura. That must be something angelical. With the charisma of (a) 'God'.

cheers

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I think that there are angel all around us.
In our every day life we see them all the
time but we just dont know it.
I belive with out angels walking amog
us there would be more problens than
there are today.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Of course they do. I couldn't and would not want to imagine a world without them.

If you've ever seen a prayer group in action, petitioning for the safety of another person, then you have seen angels at work.

If you've ever looked into the smiling face of a child as they explore and learn of this life, than you have seen an angel.

If you have ever seen a firefighter desperately trying to save the home of someone they don't even know, you have seen an angel.

If you have seen a hospice worker, holding the hand of someone who is passing into the next world and comforting them, you have seen an angel.

The next time you look in a mirror, looking for a new gray hair or an old gray wrinkle, Just stop for a moment and take a good look in the mirror.

Well said wuppy!!!

AAC

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Happy are you, that you would cast off the power of Satan, for I will lead you into the kincdom of our Mother's angels, where the power of Satan cannot enter."

And they asked him in amazement: "Who is our Mother and which her angels? And where is her kingdom?"

"Your Mother is in you, and you in her. She bore you she gives you life. it was she who gave to you your body, and to her shall you one day give it back again. Happy are you when you come to know her and her kingdom; if you receive your Mother's angels and if you do her laws. I tell you truly, he who does these things shall never see disease. For the power of our Mother is above all. And it destroys Satan and his kingdom, and has rule over all your bodies and all living things.

The Angels
Water
"The blood which runs in us is born of the blood of our Earthly Mother. Her blood falls from the clouds; leaps from the womb of the earth; babbles in the brooks of the mountains; flows wide in the rivers of the plains; sleeps in the lakes; rages mightily in tempestuous seas.

Air
"The air which we breathe is born of the breath of our Earthly Mother. Her breath is azure in the heights of t heavens; soughs in the tops of the mountains; whispers the leaves of the forest; billows over the cornfields; slumbers in the deep valleys, burns hot in the desert.

Earth
"The hardness of our bones is born of the bones of our Earthly Mother, of the rocks and of the stones. They stand naked to the heavens on the tops of mountains; are as giants that lie sleeping on the sides of the mountains, as idols set in the desert, and are hidden in the deepness of the earth.

Fire(Reference to the effects of the Sun)
"The tenderness of our flesh is born of the flesh of our Earthly Mother; whose flesh waxes yellow and red in the fruits of the trees, and nurtures us in the furrows of the fields.

"For no man can serve two masters. For either he serves Beelzebub and his devils or else he serves our Earthly Mother and her angels"

"Renew yourselves and fast. For I tell you truly, that Satan and his plagues may only be cast out by -fasting and by prayer. Go by yourself and fast alone, and show your fasting to no man. The living God shall see it and great shall be your reward. And fast till Beelzebub and all his evils depart from you, and all the angels of our Earthly Mother come and serve you. For I tell you truly, except you fast, you shall never be freed from the power of Satan and from all diseases that come from Satan. Fast and pray fervently, seeking the power of the living God for your healing. While you fast, eschew the Sons of Men and seek our Earthly Mother's angels, for he that seeks shall find.

"Seek the fresh air of the forest and of the fields, and there in the midst of them shall you find the angel of air. Put off your shoes and your clothing and suffer the angel of air to embrace all your body. Then breathe long and deeply, that the angel of air may be brought within you. I tell you truly, the angel of air shall cast out of your body all uncleannesses which defiled it without and within. And thus shall all evil-smelling and unclean things rise out of you, as the smoke of fire curls upwards and is lost in the sea of the air. For I tell you truly, holy is the angel of air, who cleanses all that is unclean and makes all evil-smelling things of a sweet odor. No man may come before the face of God, whom the angel of air lets not pass. Truly, all must be born again by air and by truth, for your body breathes the air of the Earthly Mother, and your spirit breathes the truth of the Heavenly Father.

and it goes on for each of the angels of our Earthly Mother's...

Learn More Here.....

Also very interesting 'commandments for food'

Therefore, eat not anything which fire, or frost, or water has destroyed. For burned, frozen and rotted foods will burn, freeze and rot your body also.

Just some food for thought...

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
So the concensus is that they are walking among us. So are they doing specific assignments for God, or have they just be assigned to earth to act as mankinds guardian and protector?

I really sometimes wonder, when reading the descriptions of the different "classes or races" of angels, whether we confuse alien encounters with angel encounters. Are there really aliens or is each just a type of angel? Where the angels given different worlds for fulfilling God's bidding?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
To be honest what i heard about them they dont quite often interact with man kind.... not as often as i wished them to, wich is a bit ... disgracefull

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   
You never know. Could be the homeless guy on the corner asking if you can spare some change. Could be the guy on the side of the road with the broke down car. Or the person walking ahead of you who dropped some money,yet didnt realize it.

You never know,more reason to be the best human-being you can while you are here. We all know if it was us in those situations,we would like to be helped.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Funny, I was just watching this video that I found on this site. Check out the link that I put here as it will send ya right to the topic at hand.
www.beyondtoday.tv...

Cside702

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Oh my, that was beautiful

and a WATS for you.

edit - Can't WATS you I'm afraid, but you get the point

[edit on 14/11/06 by Strodyn]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Ugh, you are all going to make me be the voice of dissent on the subject. Now I feel like a jackass. Oh well, here we go:

So, are there angels walking among us? In my humble opinion I would have to say 'no'. Some examples that have been given, especially by mrwupy, are beautiful and poetic, although a bit more metaphoric then members read it --if I read it correctly. Others here, pure energy, give wonderful thought provoking 'alternatives' to the classic idea of angel. However, my opinion is going to fall into a different catagory.

I believe that there are decent human beings who do the extraordinary to help others that they are strangers to.

I believe that individuals can go above and beyond what is expected of them at a social and generous level.

I believe that, sadly, we are so used to our self-absorbed day of 'my plans' and what 'I have to do' that when we see or hear about people of the aformentioned stock that we are humbled within our own minds. Unfortunatly, it is this which causes us to claim these feats of kindness and basic human good as 'miraculous' and out of the ordinary.

So maybe that is where angels can be found: A defense against those feelings of 'why don't I do something like that? Why am I so selfish?'

I think that if more people could extend an open hand the 'angels' among us would just be another kind face in the crowd.

Have I started to ramble? Forgive me.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines
Ugh, you are all going to make me be the voice of dissent on the subject. Now I feel like a jackass. Oh well, here we go:

So, are there angels walking among us? In my humble opinion I would have to say 'no'. Some examples that have been given, especially by mrwupy, are beautiful and poetic, although a bit more metaphoric then members read it --if I read it correctly. Others here, pure energy, give wonderful thought provoking 'alternatives' to the classic idea of angel. However, my opinion is going to fall into a different catagory.

I believe that there are decent human beings who do the extraordinary to help others that they are strangers to.

I believe that individuals can go above and beyond what is expected of them at a social and generous level.

I believe that, sadly, we are so used to our self-absorbed day of 'my plans' and what 'I have to do' that when we see or hear about people of the aformentioned stock that we are humbled within our own minds. Unfortunatly, it is this which causes us to claim these feats of kindness and basic human good as 'miraculous' and out of the ordinary.

So maybe that is where angels can be found: A defense against those feelings of 'why don't I do something like that? Why am I so selfish?'

I think that if more people could extend an open hand the 'angels' among us would just be another kind face in the crowd.

Have I started to ramble? Forgive me.

I totally agree with you.. with the whole... "why don't I do something like that?" part..

But what I have suggested, is solidifying(sp?) those elements within yourself.
Considering we interact with those 'elements' all the time.. AIR/WATER/SUN/EARTH...
So by honestly accomplishing what was outlined in my previous post, You create a new neural-net... or a new 'connection' that is newer and more relevant, and can by-pass most of all hinderances. (Mind My Spelling)

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I agree with the person that said they are possible aliens. That's what I think they are. The Bible is one big butchered fabrication with a spinkle of truth so in my opinion you can't believe anything it says. I beleive in gaurdian spirits and goodness. So yes I believe in Angels, but I think the ones being talked about here are aliens.

I don't have scientific proff, but thats my 2 cents. I am not saying that I am right, just giving you my opinion.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yes, there are angels.

No, they are not ourselves.

Yes, I have met some.

No, they're not "elements".

Yes, they protect.

No, they're not restricted in physical appearances.

Yes they give excellent advice.

No, they're not to be worshipped.

Yes they're servants of God and believe in Jesus Christ.

No, you cannot summon and control them.

Yes, the Bible is correct in describing them.

No, Cherubims don't look like babies (at least it'd be really hard for them to hold a flaming sword if they did), but the are winged-capable spanning about five times arm's length. It's recorded some have four faces.

These are truths about angels. Hope this helps.

[edit on 20-11-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines

Or maybe that is the answer to what Paul speaks of:

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
~Ephesians 1:18

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.
~Colossians 1:26-29

And Peter:

Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abides for ever.
For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass.
The grass withers, and the flower thereof falls away:
But the word of the Lord endures for ever.
And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
~1 Peter 1:21-25

Exactly! Led by example. The purpose of which is:

'that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus'

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by QAGOracle
I have just watched the prophecy series (through 3, after that don't count - no christopher walken).
Do angels still walk the earth?

"within you, and then all around you."

I am not talking about guardian angels or spirits, I am talking about real angels, cheribum, seraphim, archangels, etc. The descriptions of these beings are amazing. They don't look like us, unless they "put on a robe of flesh". Anyone got any opinions?

yes, they are among us.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
there's a Celestial Heirarchy->
six-winged Seraphim,
many eyed Cherubim,
God-bearing Thrones,
Dominions,
Powers,
Virtues,
Principalities,
ArchAngels,
Angels

Angels sent to earth, Angels have perfect oneness of mind, oneness of soul, love

The lower Angels show perfect obedience to the higher orders, and all orders together show perfect obedience to God.

on earth every nation has a Guardian Angel, as does every Christian...

all the above is pharaphrased from Serbian Orthodox Church Diocese of Western America

& here's a new one on me; the ArchAngels include the usual

Michael, Gabriel, Raphael,Urial
....additionally there are;
Salathiel, Jegudiel, Barachiel........and sometimes Jeremiel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angels sent among mankind have no choice in the mission sent on,
angels can only perform goodwill behaviors to accomplish the tasks of the mission.
It's as if an insertion of an angel into the human timeline & condition
is a last resort option by the celestial heirarchy up to & including God,

the angel having accomplished some good act will be forgotten, yet the beneficial
act or good ending 'intervention' will endure in the minds of the witnessess...
because that's the nature of the human psyche, with the intended result that
the angels are protected from a diligent search & inquiry or proof of existence by men

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I dont normally talk about this as its personal.

In 2004 I ended up in intensive care following a accident, I apparently died 3 times and am very lucky to be alive.

When I was coming back from a 9 day coma I saw all sorts of spirits in the hospital, some good some bad, however I have a memory of going to the light and also meeting a relative who died 1 year before I was born, I was able to tell my family upon recovering the exact clothes and jewellry she wore the day she was tragically killed at the age of 7 yrs old, I had no way of accessing this information as it had never been discussed with me, However I say this as many sceptics say it is a physiological or drug induced experiance, well the information I had was impossibel to come by with those means, so I hope it add some credance to what I am going to say now,

In the place where she was waiting to guide me to the light angels were there too... really and without a doubt, I am buddhist so it wasnt my beliefs being materialised in time of stress they are very very very amazing beings, however they have no wings!!!

really its just their Aura huge amounts of unconditional love eminating from their heart area that extends around them, and looks like wings but is pure undescribable love and acceptance a bright pink and white energy or aura that very easily could be mistaked for wings. They tried to guide me to the light, but I said "its not my time yet!" my family member looked at me smiling and a taer dropped from her eye as she then turned me around and took a step with me away from the light back from wher it appeared I came from to get there, I took one step and woke up six days later, thankfully with full recovery.

I will never forget the angels, they are real and are the most amazing loving and undescribable in words beings.

About a year later I went to Glastonbury in england and was in an spiritual shop, a little girl was looking at a figurine of an angel as they are usually represented, she was scratching her head and looking confused, playing with the wings, her mother was asking her what was wrong and she said it wasnt right... I knew what she meant and I said to her "they donty have wings do they? its love pouring out of their hearts" ...her mother looked at me like I was mad but the little girl looked at me and smiled and started laughing and said "youve seen one too then"

I promise you this really happened, I wouldnt say anything untrue about a child who died in my family or my near death experiance. If anyone is any doubt please u2u me I can confirm my Intensive care experiance with pictures but I wont post them publically.

Angels are very very very real but not In the way we think, they are just pure unconditional and unjudgemental love it really cant be described.

Mr Wuppy so true.

Regards and walk in light and love always those who read this thread. remembering brought a tear to my for the first time since the pain of recovery.

Elf.

ps all please if you are interested in how many people have had similair experiances (6 million in america) and also writtten by a true scientist and also contributed studies by pyschiatrists please read some of Raymond Moody MD (us) books, helped me realise I wasnt the only one who experianbced similair things.

love and light again to all.

new topics

top topics

join