It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Satan be Converted, Killed, or Remain the Same?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Will Satan die in the future if he does not convert to God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit? If he does die, will a more evil being replace him?

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Satan won in the Garden of Eden. God promised a conqueror over Satan. Satan tried his best to prevent the birth of the “seed of the woman”, and after the birth of Jesus, he tried to have Him killed. Satan himself tried to tempt the Savior, but to no avail. Satan understands that his time left is limited, but he is determined to take as many of us as he can. He has convinced himself that he can still win over God.

As far as humans are concerned, it is an individual decision to accept or reject the sacrifice of the crucifixion and the victory of the resurrection.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Satan won in the Garden of Eden. God promised a conqueror over Satan. Satan tried his best to prevent the birth of the “seed of the woman”, and after the birth of Jesus, he tried to have Him killed. Satan himself tried to tempt the Savior, but to no avail. Satan understands that his time left is limited, but he is determined to take as many of us as he can. He has convinced himself that he can still win over God.

As far as humans are concerned, it is an individual decision to accept or reject the sacrifice of the crucifixion and the victory of the resurrection.

Satan never wins. God always wins. Humans do not always perceive it, but the Garden of Eden was a victory of Spiritual wisdom as many humans have learned to always follow God's commands. Spiritual retroactivity was and is always in effect as God teaches all of our weak and feeble minds.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Which offering would you accept: 1 quadrillion dollars from Satan or 1 cent from God? I would accept 1 cent from God and give it to a person who has not eaten for a long time.

God Bless!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Does Satan want to be forgiven for his evil acts? If so, will he be forgiven? If not, will he be forgiven? Any timeline where all of evil is eliminated?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
If we placed a Crucifix in and on every particle of his being, would Satan be converted to God, die, or remain in his evil, vicious, and wicked ways?

I believe he would be converted to God and suffering would end on earth and in the afterlife.

You need to read the Bible. satan cannot be converted and his eternal destiny is to be placed in the Lake of Fire and spend eternity there.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

You need to read the Bible. satan cannot be converted and his eternal destiny is to be placed in the Lake of Fire and spend eternity there.

If humans can be forgiven of sins, why cannot Satan be forgiven of sins? Is Satan's spirit more powerful than the human spirit? If so, would this be a reason for his inability to be forgiven as he had and has more responsibility? I have heard of miraculous conversions of humans from Satan worship to exclusively God worship.

Which part of the Bible specifically says that Satan cannot be converted and that he must spend eternity in the Lake of Fire?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
From what I have read in the Bible the Angelic beings that sinned will go to hell as they will pollute heaven and have done already.
When we go to heaven all beings that able to sin may or will not be powerful enough to currupt Heaven in the same way. Satan decieved a third of all Angels who will one day have to be punished. They are a break away group from God who want to be like God and over throw him, like your Son saying Dad I want to buy out your business and you know your son does not have the experience to make it successful. When you say NO he does everything to curript your workers to make you fail including your new apprentice.

Biblically Satan is the most powerful Angel God had made and it could not handle that power.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Which part of the Bible specifically says that Satan cannot be converted and that he must spend eternity in the Lake of Fire?

Rev. 20:[10] And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
dbrandt, thank you for the quotation. Did this already occur or will it occur in the future for the devil, beast, and false prophet?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
i think because Satan's sin was made in the eternal plane that Judgement is rather differrent and eternal in time too. But us humans have been saved by Jesus as we are not in eternity but linear time frame so it can be done. We have death and Satan can not die but only be locked up. Our death gives us an oppotunity to redeem where an Angel can never do.
If that makes sense.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
i think because Satan's sin was made in the eternal plane that Judgement is rather differrent and eternal in time too. But us humans have been saved by Jesus as we are not in eternity but linear time frame so it can be done. We have death and Satan can not die but only be locked up. Our death gives us an oppotunity to redeem where an Angel can never do.
If that makes sense.

Can a human being after death become an Angel? If so, would the human-turned-Angel always be subject to the risk of Eternal Hell? Do the beings in the afterlife that are closest to God face the greatest risk?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

If that makes sense.

Can a human being after death become an Angel?

People don't become angels.

satan's, beast and false prophet imprisonment in the Lake of Fire is yet future.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Can a human being after death become an Angel?

Originally posted by dbrandt
People don't become angels.

satan's, beast and false prophet imprisonment in the Lake of Fire is yet future.

dbrandt, you made a typo: The time lord wrote "If that makes sense", not me. Do not worry about it though.

If people do not become angels in the afterlife, what do they become? Is it impossible for a person to become an angel in the afterlife?

Do you believe that the torment that Satan, the beast, and false prophet experience worsens with time? Or does God show justice and mercy for all of His creation?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

If people do not become angels in the afterlife, what do they become? Is it impossible for a person to become an angel in the afterlife?

Do you believe that the torment that Satan, the beast, and false prophet experience worsens with time? Or does God show justice and mercy for all of His creation?

Our bodies are changed into incorruptible, meaning we cannot sin any longer and we will have a body "like" Christ's. We will not be a God but be able to do some things Jesus can do and have responsibilities that will be awesome.

Yes it is impossible for a human to become an angel. We don't want to be an angel. We will be given awesome abilities in our own right.

Yes I think anyone who enters the Lake of Fire will see an increase in torment as eternity goes on.

That is justice.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The veneration of the cross has always disgusted me. Its like a worship of death.

Imagine if Jesus were put to death today. People would be wearing little electric chairs, nooses, bullets.....ect around their neck and attributing magical powers to them.
Ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
There is no suffering love cannot heal. Love heals all.

Maybe that brimstone pit is a metaphor.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
WHO is SATAN?

REALLY?

Who is this being?

Guys, do some research!

Right now I am being a satan to some of you - giving you opposition on this topic!

Think about it!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
WHO is SATAN?

REALLY?

Who is this being?

Guys, do some research!

Right now I am being a satan to some of you - giving you opposition on this topic!

Think about it!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Not all the truths in the Bible are literally true. Much of scripture is symbolic, like the Book of Revelation. The parables in the Bible are true, but not literal. Think of the “beam” in one’s eye. It’s not talking about a 2x4, it’s metaphorical for a character flaw.

And I think we all probably know this, but I needed to state it so at least the reader knows I know it.

Scripture is not subject to private interpretation. Scripture confirms itself. It cannot be taken piecemeal. You have to take it in its entirety. Spiritual things are discerned spiritually. If you think you’ve found a contradiction, there’s an error and it’s not with the Bible. And I'm not "challenging" anyone to come up with some contradictions for me to refute.

Now having said that, I’ll say this- The assumptions that: The "lake of fire" must positively be taken literally, the lake of fire and second death are just other terms for hell, and all the wicked, unsaved, and unbelieving sinners will be consciously tortured for all eternity is very much incorrect. It is a misinterpretation, and a tragic (and blasphemous) one at that.

We’ll all ultimately be more than fine. You, me, Mother Teresa, Saddam Hussein, Charles Manson, Albert Schweitzer, undiscovered aboriginies in Borneo, Babe Ruth, your crazy uncle, everyone. And it will make sense. And you will be glad.

Find me one single scripture where God punishes for any reason other than teaching, rectifying, changing. Find me where God punishes for the sheer purpose of torturing. It’s never happened and never will.

Now I don’t know about the rest of you, but I consider that to be good news.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join