It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner Light?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
LIke Tykonos said earlier about seeing things in the ball of lights, well I can relate, but differently. In total darkness with my eyes closed, or open, if I just mentally drift off and concentrate on the darkness before me, I notice that I can get fleeting images of people and things. The colour tends to be greenish or greyish in tint, but can turn to photographic quality.
Somehow it seems different than a dream or an imagination, it's like someone said 'dungeon cinema'.
I have wondered if I was ever inclined to perfect this, if it could mean anything, if I could recognise these people. My mind is being presented spontaniously with these images as my mind is made blank and shifted to another gear, I am not consiously creating them.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
HI Toadmund,

Sounds like what I experience. It seems to stem from when I had problems getiing to sleep at night. Tried everything, eventually resorting to meditation. After a few weeks of going through the steps to calm and relax my body and mind, I actually got to the point where I could clear all thoughts from my head, (not very hard :lol

I stilll was unable to sleep, yet I felt very relaxed. that's when I noticed the first visual.

Here's the thig that I find strange. I did't see the balls of light at first. I initially saw what appeared to be a figure moving at the bottom of my bed. ( to be honest I nearly crapped my pants lol. Thought we were being burgled) I quickly realised there was no-one there but withing a few mins, there was more movement of light.
Ok this is going to make me sound even less credible. Apart from the "balls of light" I see "figures of lifesize people!!! get the straight jacket!

The very faint forms of people are hard to distinguish, ie hard to see any features, Its kind of like looking at a person but out of focus. These "people" never remain completely staic, and move in exactly the same way, in proportion to how a real person would move. One time I even saw a couple, man and a woman dancing some sort of jig, like an old fashioned dance, very energetic. ( I found this baffling and quite funny) again these only last a few seconds then dissappear, then more will be seen.

Ok, anyone who will see what I have described would be a believer in ghosts, spirits etc. because you would have personal proof. The thing is I don't belive that these are ghosts spirits etc,(I did at first) I believe that there must be a more rational explanation. I belive its something that the bain is making up, or something to do with the eyes. I don't think it has anything to do with the visuals you get after you have rubbed your eyes, as that is completely different.

I'd love to get to the bottom of it.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by Tykonos]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
speeker, this thread is illuminating, this could very well be an inner light phenomenon. Light in the head though sparks my EMS side though. Have you had a cat scan or MRI done? You could scan your cat yourself if you can hold em down while the scanner warms up.

Yeah,I have had a MRI done.... I know that I have a nerve disease called peripheral neuropathy. It effects the hands.. Other than that,there is nothing wrong..

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos
Ok, anyone who will see what I have described would be a believer in ghosts, spirits etc. because you would have personal proof. The thing is I don't belive that these are ghosts spirits etc,(I did at first) I believe that there must be a more rational explanation. I belive its something that the bain is making up, or something to do with the eyes. I don't think it has anything to do with the visuals you get after you have rubbed your eyes, as that is completely different.

I'd love to get to the bottom of it.

Sounds like to me you're trying to rationalize something that there is no rationalization for. You said that there must be a rational explanation.
Not necessarily. There is much that science doesn't and never will understand.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Yeah,I have had a MRI done.... I know that I have a nerve disease called peripheral neuropathy. It effects the hands.. Other than that,there is nothing wrong..

Good I didnt think you did. Sounds like you are seeing your inner light. Neuropathy really sucks...

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Good I didnt think you did. Sounds like you are seeing your inner light. Neuropathy really sucks...

Yeah,I do have some concerns about how it is going to affect me further down the road. I am not really sure what its effects are. I know it's also related to my mild stage of carpal tunnel syndrome.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
"Sounds like to me you're trying to rationalize something that there is no rationalization for. You said that there must be a rational explanation.
Not necessarily. There is much that science doesn't and never will understand. "

I appreciate what you are saying but there must be a reason why this happens. I guess I need to have some sort of proof, evidence that's documented and well researched into what this is and why it happens. I'd even put myself forward to be studied.

The thing that makes me believe its a trick of the mind is due to the fact that I can see this every single night, though to certain degrees of clarity. Some nights are more intense than others and it has no correlation to how tired I'm feeling, what I've eaten or drank through the day, how much television I watch etc. Seems to be random.

However, the thing I haven't worked out yet is why my eyes can focus on the light sources in the middle of the room, and can follow its motion in 3d. Can eyes focus on something that is purley in my mind?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
listen you guys, it is a quad radial react. it works through a volume and the center of your heart. cross radial react function. interchosis, cross time parrallel. someone asked if i work for ET's or am a scientist, both. strengeth your heart through volume react reposite. good luck.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by sturod84]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Tykonos,wouldn't you think that if it was a trick of the mind that it would only happen once in a while,rather than all of the time?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
when I mean trick of the mindI kinda mean something in the brain or eyes thats reacting differently to how it was, previous to the meditation where it seems to stem from.
I find it hard to believe in something without proof, although I will have an opened mind. All i'm doing is trying to understand it.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Tykonos,to be honest,I don't know what is causing your phenomena. It may just be some kind of a reaction to the light you're in or....I ust really don't know.

I am not even sure what causes mine. I have some ideas about what it may be. However, in the end,it is speculation like so much in this world is. I suppose that one day,somehow,someway, we may know the truth. Until then, all we can do is search and speculate.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
listen you guys, it is a quad radial react. it works through a volume and the center of your heart. cross radial react function. interchosis, cross time parrallel. someone asked if i work for ET's or am a scientist, both. strengeth your heart through volume react reposite. good luck.

That is all good but what if the reaction of the reposite weakens the heart and the volume goes down? Also the cross radial react function soemtimes multiplies the parallel and you end up short circuiting your interchosis, which then effects your extra periphial radial function of the phantactagon.

Did you even think about the phantactagon? I think not!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
THE CLOSEST A HUMAN CAN GET TO REA;ISING THE INNER LIGHT EXPLAINATION IS TOLD INTHE FILM COCOON, BUT WE ARE NOT ALL GOLDEN SOULS.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Avatari,it's funny that you should mention "golden souls." I have been told that my aura is gold in color... Hmmmmm
(pondering)

[edit on 15-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 15-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I found an interesting theory about Consciousness. I am also going to post a fuller outline on my research thread, so you can either click onto the source here, or go to my research thread on consciousness for a fuller explanation.

The Inner Light Theory
of Consciousness
by Steven W. Smith, Ph.D.
California Technical Publishing

ISBN 0-9660176-1-7 (2001)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Brief Overview

Look around and concentrate on what you experience. Perhaps it is a warm summer day and you are sitting on an outdoor patio. You see a deep blue sky and smell the fragrance of the flowers in bloom. Wind blowing through the branches of a nearby tree provides a soothing melody. You feel the texture of these papers in your hands, and can still taste the last sip of your beverage. Of course, your experience will be different; you may be in a university library, at your desk at work, or relaxing on the couch in your home. You may be smelling the fragrance of flowers, the sweetness of newly baked cookies, or the lingering odor of disinfectant. You undoubtedly will be experiencing many things from your five senses, plus an introspective view of your mind's operation. These are the things you perceive, and are therefore the things that define your reality.
But now imagine that you suddenly awake and realize it was only a dream. The things you had been experiencing can now be seen from an enlightened perspective. Before you awoke, you justifiably believed that the sights and sounds you experienced were genuine, originating in an external physical universe. The tree, papers, and patio seemed more that just your perception of them; they were real objects with an independent existence. Or so you thought. But now that you are awake you have gained a greater knowledge, the knowledge that your previous reality was not genuine. The things that you had been perceiving exist only in your mind, and nowhere else.

The lesson here is extraordinary: the low-level activity of the brain is capable of placing its high-level activity into an artificial reality. We know this for a fact; it is clearly demonstrated to us each night as we dream. It is undeniable that the machinery to accomplish this feat is present in each and every human brain. The nature and extent of this "subreality machine" remains for us to determine; but one fact is indisputable, it is there.

Inner Light Consciousness

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join