It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture IDs at the polls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
So I go and vote today. For the first time, voters are being asked to show a picture ID before they can vote. Which is no big deal for me, just whip out the driver's license.

But I walk up to the first table and there's an elderly gentleman (God bless him) who asks to see my ID. So I pull out my wallet and show him my driver's license. Holding my license, he called me by the wrong first name twice. Then he looks at me, looks at the license, then back to me back to the license, finally hands it back and says "I can't see that very well. But I think you're ok." Now, I'm convinced if the license would have been for a 5 foot tall 90 lb woman named Pilar Yamomoto, I'd probably have been let through. And let me just say, I cannot be easily mistaken for a 5' tall 90lb woman named Pilar Yamomoto.

Of course, there was a second table, this one "manned" by two elderly women (God bless 'em) who were engrossed in a conversation and barely paid attention when I showed my ID and they had me sign the book. I had to find my name for them - neither could see well enough to see my name on my ID and I screamed my name 3 times and they still couldn't get it. I could've shown a CVS discount card and I think I would've gotten by.

I think this whole "show a picture ID" is just a rousing success.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It is not about “them” this is “our” process…our poll, our election; our government…take some ownership in your complaints and actually do something about them…the powers-that-be thrive upon the accepted status quo and complacencies such as yours.

If you have a grievance, perhaps you may consider volunteering instead of complaining…be different.

mg

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It sounds like the problem is with the persons working at the polling place.

I think showing a photo ID and your voter registration should be required.

join