It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rise of The Machines and Surveillance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Rise Of The Machines &
The Future Of Surveillance

Nov 3rd, 2006 8:06 PM
www.raidersnewsnetwork.com/full.php?news=398

Machines rather than people could soon be running Britain because the country has sleepwalked into a surveillance society, the Government's privacy watchdog warned today.

Information Commissioner Richard Thomas delivered the alarming warning as fears grow over the explosion in technology used to monitor individuals.

"There are dangers to our privacy, our autonomy, the more the information is converged together," he said.

Stressing the threat came from government as well as private companies, he added: "We have got to make sure there is full accountability and that people don't go too far and really undermine our fundamental rights and our integrity as individuals. Humans must dictate our future, not machines."

"Big Brother" at work

How can anyone possibly argue that we are not living in,at the very least, a sub-controlled society? I know that this is in England,but the United States is just as bad with all of its satellite "spyware" technology. What I find funny is that there are people who try to rationalize all of this. I mean, come on!! It's obvious what the governments of the world are doing it. All under the guise of "peace and safety."

When you go to Wal-Mart or any big shopping center,right here in the U.S of A, and you look up on the light posts, what do you see? SMILE!!! You're on candid camera! The U.S is no different than England; we just implemented our system first. Why there wasn't a big fuss here about it is anyone's guess.

Then you have all of these people who say, "Oh, but look at all of the benefits." Yeah,I see them. I also see how we are all increasingly losing our privacy as well. Of course, there are those who will argue that the constitution doesn't guarantee privacy. True. So, that gives to government the authority to intrude upon it?

I don't see any solution,other than a revolt, to end the present situation. However, particularly in the U.S, when you have a "go with the flow" population, I don't see a revolt ever occurring.

new topics

join