It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You never saw the "Mission Accomplished" banner.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
this was something i found looking around the net
it pertains to the big May '03 mission accomplished speech

A video exposing some creative editing

the united states is at war with iraq
the united states has always been at war with iraq?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Great find Mandessinmysoul!

Very creative editing indeed.
You did not know that you did not know that there were WMD in Iraqistan.

OBEY,as history is moulded in front of your very eyes...

They could at least have put a rolling info bar on the blacked out bit,to attempt to mask the "in your face" propaganda.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Well its amazing that Mike mcintee deleted all the comments on his youtube page about it being deceptive. When i click any video at whitehouse. gov, they all have a black bar on the bottom. Cropping of just the one??? Nope. They all are. oh and when i clicked that youtube vid, the very next vid on the list is this one that shows the same thing i just found out about all the vids on the wh.gov page...whatta coinky dink.

bogus info man. mcintee lying

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Nice find silver.

I am all for attempting to find mis-information and 'openining our eyes'. But I am never for somebody intentionally hiding the fact that they are exagerating something they know to be false.

Thank you for the alternate video which shows that the original video is the only misinformation in this regards.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines
Nice find silver.

I am all for attempting to find mis-information and 'openining our eyes'. But I am never for somebody intentionally hiding the fact that they are exagerating something they know to be false.

Thank you for the alternate video which shows that the original video is the only misinformation in this regards.

yeah, my bad

i didn't realize that the video itself was misinformation

so 1000 apologies

had i known the video was not true, i would have posted the second video on my own

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Der Spiegel has the scoop:

Video Blogger Lies about Bush Lies

The problem is though, it's likely not true at all. Another video has been posted on YouTube called simply "Mike McIntee Is Lying." Viewed by a relatively paltry 18,424 people as of Saturday, the video demonstrates that all videos posted on the White House page have the same black bar on the bottom of the video -- put there to cover up the CNN logo from which the White House got many of its videos. Plus the video seems to have been taken from an angle where the "Mission Accomplished" poster wouldn't have figured prominently anyway.

And, McIntee, it seems, has been going out of his way to avoid criticism of his video. A number of bloggers have written that their critical comments of the original McIntee video have actually been deleted from YouTube -- which is possible to do on the site. As the maker of the "Mike McIntee Is Lying" video concludes: "He apparently doesn't want people to know that he is being deceptive which makes me think that he was deceptive intentionally all along."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

That's a good example of how the propoganda matrix can be on any side...

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I don't much see the point in quibbling over this sort of stuff, but wasn't Shrub wearing a flightsuit when he landed on the carrier that day?

[edit on 13-11-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
I don't much see the point in quibbling over this sort of stuff, but wasn't Shrub wearing a flightsuit when he landed on the carrier that day?

[edit on 13-11-2006 by psyopswatcher]

Supposedly. However, if they edited the sign into the scene,what would keep them from messing with Bush's attire?

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
What the guy making that video does not take into account is the angle. The video may have been captured at a different angle than the picture with the banner. In the video, the fighter and the logo of sorts on the wall of the carrier can be seen, but in the picture with the banner, they cannot. No, that wasn't an edit, it just means that these two images were taken from different angles.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
Well its amazing that Mike mcintee deleted all the comments on his youtube page about it being deceptive. When i click any video at whitehouse. gov, they all have a black bar on the bottom. Cropping of just the one??? Nope. They all are. oh and when i clicked that youtube vid, the very next vid on the list is this one that shows the same thing i just found out about all the vids on the wh.gov page...whatta coinky dink.

bogus info man. mcintee lying

Yea, I would have to disagree. Sure every video has a black bar, but how does one explain the change of the background? We should all forget the black bar as that is irrelivent. Mcintee points out the background change, and i noticed that in both pictures of the the [bush's] mic angle is the same, yet the background is defferent.... just enough to cover that boat/whatever it was(i never saw the speech so i dont know.)

new topics

top topics

join