It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things You Do That Make People Look At You Funny

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I've been known to do some things, spur of the moment usually, that make people look at me funny. I can't help it! Some of my favorites are:

1) I was in a popular chain restaurant/bar - the ones that have all of that stuff hanging on the walls - so I go to the men's room. There were quite a few people in there, so I go up to the Urinal to do my thing, and start screaming "Oh it burns, it burns, aaaahhhh!!!" Yep, I got quite a few funny looks after that one

2) There was a meeting scheduled at work. My boss and I were the first ones in the conference room. They made the announcement over the PA system that the meeting was starting. As everyone came into the conference room in a big wave, I'm standing right next to my boss and I say "No - you can't b--w me!" He didn't like that very much........

3) In an airplane restroom, I made the sounds of really straining. A really loud "MMMMMMMPPHHH!!!!" for a couple minutes. That really got some good looks.
My wife wouldn't look at me..........

4) At my wifes best friends wedding, when the priest said "If anyone has a reason why these two should not be wed speak now or forever...." I raised my hand said "Oooh!" and stood up. Then I said "Ah, never mind..." and sat back down. My wife was the Maid of Honor. Her reaction was priceless! I got ALOT of looks on that one.

5) I was in a shopping mall. I went to the pay phones, and when people would walk by, I would pretend I was talking to someone and shout "You've got to be kidding me!!" and I'd beat the phone against the wall.

6) Once I was in a restaurant with my wife and another couple. The waitress was extremely rude. I mean over the top rude. I always order last, and she was horrendous to my wife and the other couple when she was taking there orders. So she gets to me, and I pretend that I'm deaf. I'm doing hand signs and things, and she's getting really impatient, so I stand up and pretended to be really upset, and spoke in the fashion that many deaf people sound like when they speak. "Stop making fun of me!" and ran out of the restaurant. Needless to say, we didn't eat there that night........

Have you ever done anything that gets you looked at in an odd sort of way? I would love to hear your stories!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I swear, your me!

One thing that always gets odd looks is the old fake a heart attack/stroke/whatever in the street. I did it with some friends once, they panicked and ran off! Just left me there!

Another is when I was giving a speech years ago for a school presentation. I let out the loudest and longest..well, you know! I nearly died!

I was at a grans birthday a few years ago and I was bored to the brink of just flipping. I did. I got up from the table, and simply said,

''This. Is boring, I'm leaving.''

The room went silent. I went red. My grandad got up, threatened me with his belt. I sat back down.

EDIT- You must have the best wife around for her to keep up with you! Your a lucky guy lom!

[edit on 7-11-2006 by Zanzibar]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
I swear, your me!

EDIT- You must have the best wife around for her to keep up with you! Your a lucky guy lom!

[edit on 7-11-2006 by Zanzibar]

God forbid you're like me! The world doesn't need two of us! Well at least there's an ocean separating us!!!!

Yes indeed, my wife is going straight to heaven on the express after dealing with me!!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Throwing up in a bar...........on the bar.

Trying to unwedge my underwear out of my arse crack without using my hands.

Peace

[edit on 7-11-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I did quite a few odd ball things in college for laughs. I use to drag a stick on a dog's leash around campus. Or wear a nice suit with a costume tiger's tail hanging out the back of it. At the time I suppose I thought I was being avantgard, but in retrospect I think I was just drunk and considered the confusion of others to be amusing.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
lombozo....zanzibar

It's a good thing I'm not your mother...I'd give both of you a spanking!

Other than that....I laugh A LOT! I can hear a joke, and still be so tickled about it a week later... and just start laughing uncontrolably. But the nice thing is... I have a very contageous laugh and can get a group of people that don't even know me...laughing...and they have no idea what they are laughing about?
But I do

I hate it when my son does his Beavis and Butthead impersonation. I absolutely can not control it and I laugh until I
I have to beg him to STOP

[edit on 11/7/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I get really loaded and go to the Walmart for groceries at like 3 am. I wander around mimicking Chewbacca. I do it rather well.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
There was this one incident.
I was with some friends in southend high street in england.
Staniding outside Mcdonalds just about to go in, there was a pigeon on the floor betwwen my foot and the window so I made a kicking movement towards it (not going to kick it at all) and it got up in the air about half a foot and flew straight into the window with a very loud bang which caused everyone inside to look at me as if I was really cruel, I thought it was so funny and so did my friends!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I skip (sans rope) when I'm in a good mood.

In public.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Lombozo and Zanzibar, if we were ever to meet I think all hell would break loose! If I ever see either of you I'm buying the first round. My two favorites:

1) Shopping in Macy's one x-mas and it's crowded as all get out. My SO and I get to the loooong checkout line and are standing there about 10 minutes, not having said a word to each other and I say very loudly, "Lady, stop grabbing my butt!" All heads turn to me first and then at her and she's 10 shades of red and looking for a hole to crawl in. I think I was "cut off" for almost a week.

2) Doing a pee test in the doctor's office, I take the cup into the bathroom and after about 15 seconds I poke my head out of the door and ask loudly across the waiting room to the nurse, "Can I have five or six more of these cups? It won't stop coming out!"

I live for those moments.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Trying to unwedge my underwear out of my arse without using my hands.

That is the single most difficult thing a guy can do. Because you can't 'go down under' in public because you'd be arrested, and whipping your trousers off to have a good scratch would probably warrant the same reaction.

To insanity!

One that I've always wanted to do is get some ripped clothing and run through the streets screaming,

'Oh dear god! They're after me! They're going to freakin' kill me!'

Aah, that would it.

When Star Wars Episode 3 came out, me and a mate had a lightsaber battle in the middle of the cinema queue. Noises and everything! We got some good looks from that one, two guys running around with lightsabers, knocking the crap outta each other.

Good times.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by Zanzibar]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The best looks I've ever got are from popping out of manholes in the middle of a street in broad daylight with full on headtorch.

People also ignore you, applaud you, and honk at you. But really, you should see the looks!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
LOL is your name Chris??? Wow you sound like someone I used to be pals with! I'll share some stories that come to mind.

-I go to visit one of my buddies at college. We are pre-gaming at different dorms and houses and then hit the bars. I'm(was) a huge fan of vodka-redbulls. 15 or so later at 7.50 a pop i'm completely Tucker Max Drunk and so are my buds. We are chatting up some attractive ladies. I decide I have to pee very badly. I run to the bathroom. I leave the bathroom, and hear on the loudspeaker "Vodka Redbulls now 2 dollars!" and proceed to punch the wall yelling obscenaties until my friend grabbed me and off we went to another part of the bar. That got some looks! I probably had 7, but I will never ever ever drink that again.

-In highschool on the train one of my buddies used to go up to strangers and pretend like he was interviewing them like a gameshow host with an invisible microphone. This got hysterical laughs from about 80% of the audience. However, this one time this stiff in a suit got extremely angry and screamed, "Hey Kid!! I got two words for you; SHOCK... THERAPY." My friend immediately replies back, "Hey, I got two words for you! MASTER... BATE!" I think that ended with train security getting a tad angry.

-One of my friends is a Military cop. A little bit before he had to leave for Iraq, some of his buddies and me decided we were going to get hammered and then take him to a strip club. My friend knows a ton of extremely good looking girls and two were dying to go (why two seemingly classy girls would want to go to this place I have no idea). I go to the bar to get a drink and am already feeling like I need to take a shower. This really attractive girl that works there approaches me and says, "Hi my name is bla bla bla, bla bla bla, bla bla bla, who is that girl you've been talking to? She's gorgeous." Now bear in mind, i'm completely drunk and in sort of a foul mood because A, this place is cool for obvious reasons but i'm sketched out being here. B, i'm upset my buddy has to go off to war. I immediately reply, "Oh that's my friend blabla, you know, she was making a joke about working here- she'd probably make a good hooker." Apparently there is a difference between "hooker" and "exotic dancer"- too bad I was too drunk to realize the difference. Before I realized what I had just said, this girl looked like she was about to slap me. She complained to the owner saying I was a jerk, but the owner came up to me and said, "i'm pretending i'm angry with you because she's looking- no problem."

-(unfortuantely I won't be specific here) Racing 2 80g cars on the highway (I was sitting passenger) with mild traffic with an average speed of around 100-110. I can't be specific, but the cars were both highly upgraded sport models from different companies that are somewhat rivals and are both produced in the same country. When I was actually able to see the faces of the people in the cars, the expressions we're priceless. You don't see a sight like that very often. It could have been very bad for us all, but we all got away fine taking different exits on the highway. The race lasted about 15 minutes total, and was arguably the most adrenaline fueld experience of my life. This is why you don't let your friends drive that have track racing licenses or experience lol.

[edit on 10-11-2006 by jaguarmike]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
A few weeks ago when me and a few friends were going into the bar at my university, i decided as there were 1 or 2 police officers there (advising people how to stay safe at night) I decided to say, rather loudly "I've got a BOMB!", in the way that terrorists never do as if they did they would fail. Fortunately the police didn't hear me but my friends did.

I thought it was funny, i mean lets face it a real terrorist wouldn't admit it, so I must be joking, logically.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
All good stories here are a few of my own.

I used to share an office with 3 people where i worked and i sat near the door in plain view from a hallway that was well trafficked. One day i setup my webcam to aim at the door and hit record I then proceeded to stare at my monitor and threw my arms out to the side and played airplane with buzzing sounds and all the whole time i never looked over at the door. About 15 minutes later i had some pricless video of people reacting to me.

I guess some of you will find this bad but here goes, me and my buddies used to enjoy getting into fights so we would walk around downtown and yell sick things like "Man, I'm done sucking (whatever male organ you can think of here)" and then some drunk guy would call us a name (you can imagine what) and we would proceed to talk trash until he and his friends threw the first punch. That was a rule of ours we couldnt throw the first punch. The fights always ended light though with the biggest injury the other guys ego. (btw these were mostly Rich spoiled brats and i still dont feel bad
)

When either I or any of my friends would be hitting on a girl at the bar one of us would walk up to the other and say that he had (any random venerial disease). Oddly enough though this never worked as well as we thought it would. Often times it helped out the guy talking to her.

I used to have bi-weekly meetings where i worked, so I took a click pen and cut a centimeter off the tube at one and so that there would be extra pressure on the spring then i would grease the back end so that after about two or three minutes of me setting the pen down it would explode and all the pieces would fly everywhere. Man it was tough to hold back the laughter.

(This next one is for Apex) I was at a party once with about 8 or 9 friends and we had just recently nicknamed one our buddies HomoBeauBinLaden and we were leaving the party, so i started chanting his nick name and everyone joined in. Next thing i know we are in the elevator and someone in the group (for the life of me i dont know who but i was really drunk) changed the chant to Taliban, when we reached the third floor the doors opened with about 6 people standing in the doorway. They stood there stunned staring at us while we chanted and they never moved an inch, the doors stayed open about 30 seconds then they closed. After we got the bottom we all realised what just happened and stopped chanting. We felt bad about that but the look on those peoples faces were priceless.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I once combed my hair with a small plastic rake. In the middle of Walmart. Some hot emo walked by and looked really weirdly at me.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
well!! A flatmate and I used to have full conversations in Seagull, to the point of flapping at each other. We only ever did it in ASDA (WAL-mart) I have no idea why.

(Same friend) We would get to the register at maccy D's or burger king and pick a fight with the till boy (Only blokes never girls) and shout so much the manager would give us free food. We would leave in histerics!! Many funny looks.

Another shopping fav would be to fall over and roll on the floor like an italian footballer! Friend comes over with a bag of peas and holds to your knee for 5 secs. You then get up and do a lap of honour around a freezer.

I like to walk into people who aren't looking where they are going, if they have a psp or mobile phone and they drop it I'm sure somehow I get bonus points.

When I speak Cantonese to people (usually in shops) and they say "Its ok I can speak English" I pretend to be French or German or Both!

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
OK, so the only thing that made people look at me funny was when i was in a wedding reception and suddenly i start running around looking for my mum saying in a choking voice "i can't breathe!!!" a lot of people looked at me like i was some little crazy kid.

i was 5 when this happened, too bad i was actually having an asthma attack and really couldn't breathe!

a lot of people laughed and thought i was faking. i found it funny afterwards though.

Roswell.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
One thing that comes to mind is my behaviour at drive through windows, it's not pretty

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wow !!!
A topic I know well.

After disassembling a customers engine, laying
out the parts and describing why the failure
occured, the customer says "Gee, that was very
detailed. Been doing this a while"?

I looked him in the eyes and said, "No. But I
did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night".

That was one ass-chewing well worth it.

The second day where I currently recieve a check,
the guys were talking about gay's. After hearing
enough, I said "I'm gay". Never looked up from
my book. Silence.

Best looks ever...I dress as I like and go out in
public.

Regards,
Lex

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>