It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do they still give swats in school?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Do they still give out swats (we called them "licks") as punishment in school? Is that even legal anymore?

Was your P.E. coach a swat-aholic? I think my P.E. coach just liked looking at boys' butts.

Any "swat" stories you'd like to share?

Peace

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It's illegal in Canada. Whenever a teacher tried to "intimidate" us, we just laughed right in their faces and told them to do a Peter Griffin on the Pencil Sharpener. Never seemed to work for my grade 11 Science teacher. Everyone was scared of that guy... but then again, anyone who isn't at least a 9th Degree Blackbelt would be scared of him
I remember he was roughhousing with some of the bigger rude boys who thought they were all tough and crap I remember this one big black guy got Mr Chung into a head lock and then all of a sudden he was being body slammed onto the concrete floor, though the teacher made sure he didn't hit his head on the way down heh, buddy was asking for it soo much that everyone in the class just started laughing at him, it happened so fast that it took me a few seconds to register what had just happened, this guy had at least 90 pounds on Chung.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
When I was in grade school, it was already against the law to use corporal punishment in the school system, but I had one teacher that walked around with either a long wooden pointer of ruler, and when he got upset, he would whack the ruler or pointer on the persons desk that upset him.

However, it backfired on him one day when he smacked a ruler on the student's desk and it broke apart, with several kids getting hit with the splintered wood.

They must have told him to stop doing it after this, because he went from smacking a ruler on the desk to slamming the door to the classroom.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Its a pity they stopped. most of the punks who call themselves kids today need to be in chain gangs watched by mounted patrol with tasers and shotguns. The school yard is more like a prison complex.

There was a time when kids were scared of getting bad grades or misbehaving in class now its cool! Thats just sick! All schools should be residential and if you act up they should have upper classmen screw you over proper and you fall in line, no hood to fall back on and its doesnt come under corporal punishment, just students fighting!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I'm afraid so. At my school although most of the students deserve a good beatin, but the libs have ruined a good punishment. Yes I am in school, and I do believe in beatins.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
They banned it and wonder why the kids have disipline problems.:shk:

Anyway, when I was schooling we got it. There was one teacher who used a table tennis paddle. There were a few names written on it, and later we found out why. At the end of the year the most misbehaved kid in the class had to sign his name on the paddle. Adding to the paddle of shame!

It was more humiliating than painful, and it got the job done.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Up until about grade six the teachers and principle could hit us, but the law was changed in the early 70's.

If a teacher sent you to the office you would get the strap across your open hand or you bent over and got hit on the butt, but you kept your pants up.
I had a few teachers that would hit you with a yard stick or pointer, and I'll tell you, after that wood hits you in the back of the head your attention is glued to the teacher after that.......
I think having to put your hand palm down on your desk while the teacher hit the back of it with a pointer was the worst. It would hurt for days after and leave marks on the back of your hand.

The other bad thing about getting hit at school was the fact that you'd get hit at home after they found out you were punished at school. :shk:
When the law did change my father told the school that they could keep hitting us if they needed to. He told them he'd never press charges.

Where I sit today though, I don't think it was a bad thing.
It kept the kids in line, and you never heard about a student shooting up a school.

You mentioned P.E. Coaches,

Was your P.E. coach a swat-aholic? I think my P.E. coach just liked looking at boys' butts.

The first year we had to shower was grade seven and we only had five minutes at the end of class. It was one of those big rooms with lots of shower heads, and the coach always stood at the door and watched.
He'd make comments about us kids that would get him a trip to jail in todays world.

We always felt weird about that guy

[edit on 8/11/2006 by anxietydisorder]

new topics

top topics

join