It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me?..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Am I the only one who's annoyed by people who can't return a d--- shopping cart to the "corrals" in supermarket parking lots? Are people so lazy and disrespectful of others property that they can't walk a few spaces and return the cart to a place where it won't bump into and damage someone's car?

Am I the only one who returns the carts to the corrals?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Hmmmmmm................
First I turn my car on, then I like to take those shoppin' carts and push them in no particular direction. I push them like really fast and stuff. Then I let go of that shoppin' cart while it's goin' real fast. Then I quick jump in my car and take off.
I bet people are so surprised when they see that shoppin' cart whizzin through the parkin' lot!

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
So you are the person responsible for damaging my car with a shopping cart!!!
I am gona track you down and make you pay for the damages!!!!!

Joke.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
When my fiancee gets wasted on booze down at the pub, I ride her home in a shopping trolley. She loves it. You should hear her squeal with joy!

JOY! JOY!

joy.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I do, I like to vent my anger by pushing the damn things as hard as I can into the other carts. It's fun

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
One time, when I deliberately parked away from other to avoid a smack from a cart, wound up having one against my car anyway.

I threw it in a manner as one would a weight in the hammer-throw.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi

I threw it in a manner as one would a weight in the hammer-throw.

Oh yeah, how damned satisfying is it when you finally get that damned trolley up in the air after about 15 turns and just LAUNCH the bugger.

I need a ciggie after that one.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I always put my cart in the cart return. I don't like to see a bunch of loose carts either, plus it rains so much here, that I like to help the kids that have to go gather them up in the rain.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I once saw the trolley marshalls at a local store whizzing a good 50 or so along the carpark,in a big snake like trail.
They whizzed out into the carpark,tried to turn but couldn`t and ended up smacking into the side of a parked car.
Boom!
The impact was loud and serious for the car.I saw them seeming to discuss if they could do a runner,but then one pointed up to show his mate the CCTV on a pole about 5 meters away!
So they had to own up.

Oh yeah, years ago I awoke to find the Local ASBO crew had very kindly delivered a brand spanking new supermarket trolley to my garden during the night.
I phoned the relevant supermarket (nearly 8 miles from my house!)who said I could keep it.
So after i had dragged it out of the pond,it made a handy garden trolley,for shifting plants about.In the autumn it doubles as a dead leaves burner.
Well handy,cheers ASBO crew...(sarc)

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Indeed, it is satisfying to send a cart flying, but I only got one rotation for my throw, unlike the real hammer-throwers.

Interesting how Americans use "shopping cart" and Brits use "shopping trolley", yet we both know what we mean.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Am I the only one who returns the carts to the corrals?

No. I return them. I am teaching my daughter to be sure to return them.

1 - it's polite. To leave a shopping cart in the parking lot means that you take up space for someone who is driving and needs it.

2 - it's safety. To leave a shopping cart in the parking lot invites that cart to be taken by the wind and blown into parked or moving cars - causing accidents or damage to vehicles.

3 - it's being nice. If I worked at that store I would be thankful that someone took the 30 seconds needed to follow instructions and return the carts to the corrals. Someone who works at that store has to go around running after the loose ones, and in wet or cold weather that has to be miserable.

4 - St. Teresa said to do little things with great love. Something as small as putting the shopping cart back where it belongs can make or break someone else's day. You never know who has had a bad day and that one last thing - like dealing with the after effects of a loose shopping cart - could really make their day miserable.

Treat others as you would be treated yourself - put the carts back where they belong.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Americans use "shopping cart" and Brits use "shopping trolley"

When I lived in Alabama they all called it a 'buggy'. I had no idea what the heck they were talking about. It took a few trips to the grocery store to figure it out.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Flyers fan..

And all this time I thought buggy, was a reference to the produce!

I usually return my carts to the corral, but it depends on the weather. If it's raining, and I am far from the corral..I let the kids, who are getting paid, do it..

There are some idiots that leave them in the Handicapped, Van accessible parking spaces..YOu know, the wider spots, with the striping?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
You're suppose to push them with your car really really really fast, then slam on the brakes.

top topics

join