It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glitches, SNAFUs, and Skullduggery: Now at the Polls

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
My question for Dems is .... what if nothing changes?.... who do you blame for all our troubles?? .. HmmMmmmMmm

If the Democrats win, you mean? I don't really expect much to change. If they win, it'll be only by a few seats at best, and there are about 15 Democrats that vote with Republicans on the big issues like domestic surveillance, torture, indefinite detention... so things like that will still pass.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Electronics .... maybe I'm just old ... but I would REALLY like to see some paper trail backup of the votes.

Another problem that's related to the "no paper trail" with those electronic machines...The source code for the Diebold machines has already been leaked several times, which means that they can be hacked easily; If they happen to show you a "paper receipt" in a window, keep in mind that the printer for that paper is just as likely to be hacked anyway.
I guess that the corrupted "powers that be" are trying to tell us that they don't abide by our votes & would be much happier if nobody voted (Then they make a big issue about how apathetic voters seem to be anyway). At least my Absentee Ballot won't get lost in the "electronic ether"...

Remember, you don't need to have any excuse to use Absentee Ballots...Just request them from your County Auditor with plenty of time before the actual voting day.

Originally posted by marg6043
Is our rights.

And even through all this display of corruption, they keep claiming that the Constitution is "an outdated & outmoded piece of paper with no relevance in modern times." It's no wonder they find it so easy to deny us our Constitutional Rights. For another thing, since they have to take the Oath to "preserve, defend & uphold" the Constitution, they still call it outdated...Go figure. If they really feel that way, then why should we trust them to keep the Oath they take? Why even start a career in politics if they're only going to break their Oath anyway?

It doesn't matter if you are Democrat or Republican we all should be vigilant.

This is how they found it so easy to break their Oaths so often...Most Americans ceased in their PUblic Duty to maintain vigilance against the corruption.

We are supposed to be the model of a nation that value their democracy...

That's another problem with their broken Oaths...They've turned America into a Democracy (which, thorughout all of human history, degenerates into either Tyranny or Facism), when their Oath to the Constitution requires them to preserve a Republic form of government!

I guess I understand now when Lou Doubbs means whe he said that Democracy is in crisis in our nation.

As I pointed out just above, Democracy is the crisis in our nation...America is just a bit over 225 years old & it's already showing more frequent signs of devolving into Facism.

Originally posted by darkbluesky
Make sure your vote isn't changed by Diebold.......
Vote Republican.
W in '08!!!!

I'm proud to admit that I never vote along party-lines...Both parties have noting better to do than to slag each other in the media anyway.
Every voting term, I examine the candidates on my own & ignore what they put on TV; I make my own judgement as to the integrity of the candidates.
TBH, I also have to admit that, when coming to make my judgments, I've always found myself voting "No Confidence" anyway.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
MidnightDStroyer

Today my husband read to me an article that outline how democracy works including how it develops and how it ends.

Is supposed to last a good 200 years, we are well pass that state, no we are in the apathy stage.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I did finally find a post regarding the alleged vote rigging by democrats in New Jersey:

Mark Sheridan said, "We have received dozens of calls from predominately Democrat areas throughout the state complaining of voting machines being preset with votes for Menendez, poll worker misconduct, and machines not registering votes for Tom Kean per the voter's intent. Upon entering the voting booth, individuals have encountered machines that are pre-set to vote for Menendez, causing serious confusion.

Source

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Out here in the boonies it went pretty well with fill in the dot SAT style paper ballots being used.

The drill sergent type Republic table guy called me a pretty boy leberal.
I was really tempted to call him on calling me pretty.

I told him you don't put soldiers in harms way for corporate profits and that if he really
understood the Constitution he protects in his heart, that he should take a closer look at
what has happened to undermine it over the last 6 years.

I'm an Air Force brat, and my father actually was a drill sergent before he ended up working in
The Pentagon Inspector General's Group.

We did go into Iraq for national security reasons. I won't argue that. But why we went in was built on lies.

Saddam was too unstable to count on any longer for oil supplies and frankly we need an unineruptable supply of that Texas tea. So we took it.
Well that was the "plan" anyway according to the House
Foreign Relations Commitee.

Well control of Congress means control of cashflow, so this should be interesting.

I still can't help but wonder what results will be " delivered" in the key battle ground states.

Virginia was 49%/49% last report and all the absentee ballots won't be counted probably till Thursday.

Things is, how many of those absentee ballots might push Webb over the top because so many Democrats did not trust machine results?
If Virginia turns Blue, this administration knows it's in trouble.

Guess we'll know more tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Here is a little tidbit about a Union backed organization that helped Hillary continue her quest for power. I give you – ACORN
link one
link two

They refuse to disclose any financial information too. Hmmmmmmmmmm, where have I heard that one before?

I hope both the Republicans and Democrats loose. Both are bad for this country. Both lie, cheat, kill , steal and anything else it takes to stay in power. Evil people run both parties and defending them must be getting hard for honest folk to do. I feel for your plight. Since you don’t seem to be able to change them, maybe you should consider quitting them and stop sending in your money to support them. Neither party cares about you. If the Democrats win everything they want, I predict nothing will change to improve our lives. Only the faces will change. They controlled Congress for 40 years. Let me say that again – 40 YEARS!!!!!!! Who benefited besides the candidates and their rich friends? What’s the difference. You can continue this insanity by doing the same thing with the same negative results over and over again, but you had better not expect any good to come of it. The winners are decided in back rooms where the Republicans and Democrats in the inner circle divvy up the spoils.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well Democrats have the house, senate is still undecided by 2.

One thing that got me is the fact that the abortion issue brought in many states that are supposed to be bible belt states didn't go the way religious rights wanted.

They voted against any abortion ban and that is very interesting.

Most of the voters showing up in high numbers were the young crown 30 and under.

That means only one think younger people are worry about the Iraq war and what it means to them and the economy and their future.

Also the stem embryonic cell research got a victory.

But the ban of any gay union or marriage prevail in the states that it was an issue.

This tell you that our nation is smart, they look for their future and they are ready to take responsibilities in politics

Democracy has prevailed.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by marg6043]

[edit on 8-11-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Moveon.org was offering $250,000 to individuals who "seek" intimidation.

That doesn't surprise me in the least. I wonder if SOROS is financing that. Betchya!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join