It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glitches, SNAFUs, and Skullduggery: Now at the Polls

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Make sure your vote isn't changed by Diebold.......

Vote Republican.

W in '08!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

A poll worker was arrested Tuesday and charged with assault and interfering with an election for allegedly choking a voter and pushing the voter out the door, an official said.
Election officials called police, and the voter wanted to file charges, said Paula McCraney, a spokeswoman for the Jefferson County Clerk.

"That about tops off the day," McCraney said.

It wasn't immediately clear what sparked the altercation. The name of the poll worker was not released and a Louisville police spokesman did not immediately return calls seeking comment.

Oh boy!

This takes the cake.
My computer stopped typing so rather than get slapped with a 20 point fine, i am editing it.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Along similar lines to that one, Talking Points Memo is reporting that three men, one armed with a gun, are intimidating Hispanic voters as they approach the polls in Tucson.

I just spoke with a Latino election monitor in Arizona who said that a trio of men, one with a handgun visible, is harrassing Latino voters as they go to the polls in Tucson, Ariz.

[...]

"As voters are coming out of their cars and walking up towards their polls, one person is videotaping the voter as he walks towards the polling place," she said. Then another person, wearing an American flag bandana and a shirt with the image of a badge ironed or embroidered on it, approaches with a clipboard to talk to the voter. "While the clipboard person is. . .talking to [the voter], the cameraperson comes up and starts videotaping their face," Perales said.

As this happens, the third man -- with a gun visible in a sideholster -- stands next to the voter.

Source

Apparently the election monitors called the FBI and DoJ to report it and were just told to "keep an eye on the situation." It's the only incident of voter intimidation they've observed in Arizona so far, though, so that's good.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Just found this link posted on the WRH site.

www.votersunite.org...

So much for technology

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Thanks logan for the tip on the scan and paper ballots.

I tell you they will get it one way or the other. The polls has no been good at all.

Is so many reports of irregularities with the machine that I still can not understand why these darn machines are allowe in democractic elections.

I wish I was in one of those places where is intimidation against hispanic voters

I would give them a piece of my mind

But for some reason anywhere I go and whatever I do people are always nices to me and treat me with respect and cortesy. Even the young people.

So I guess it has to do with the way I act and look.

I have never been treated badly never.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Oh boy!

This takes the cake.
My computer stopped typing so rather than get slapped with a 20 point fine, i am editing it.

To add to the mayhem:

*In western Mass., a man checking in to vote saw his mother's name below his, with a check mark showing she had already been there. Problem is, she's been dead for 3 years.

*Also in Mass., an altercation between a poll worker who was smashing an opponent's signs and another poll worker who tried to stop him.

*In NJ, electornic voting machines were allegedly discovered preset with votes for Democrats

*Voter intimidation charged in another state (can't remember which)

What a country! I love it!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
HOME OF THE FREE....little pink houses for you and me.........

Stop the world, i want to get off.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well, dg, you better get used to saying "Comrade Patrick". He's already promised to give drivers licenses and free tuition to illegal immigrants.

I hope you have lots of room down there on Cape Cod.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Allegedly Rick Santorum, after a comment from a reporter that he was trailing in the polls, said: "Democrats have polls. We have workers at the polls."

jsobecky: That's hilarious (and terrible at the same time) about the guy seeing his mother's name. Do you have a link to any information about the machines getting caught with preset votes?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Heres a list of some other problems occuring...

(BradBlog)-PRESS RELEASE FROM MISSOURIANS FOR HONEST ELECTIONS - NOV. 7

As of 8:00 a.m. the non-partisan group Missourians for Honest Elections has already received news of two incidents in today's election in which touch screen machines incorrectly recorded voters' intentions. These occurred at the Brentwood Community Center in St. Louis County.
www.bradblog.com...-3742

There have also been several verified reports from voters in St. Louis County who had this happen to them when trying vote absentee at the St. Louis County Board of Elections in Maplewood. We have had an unsatisfactory, mixed response from the County Board of Elections concerning this matter.
www.bradblog.com...-3742

(Denver Post)-CHAOS: Voting extension denied amid massive computer problems

Denver District Court Judge Sheila Rappaport denied a emergency request from the Democratic Party to keep Denver's voting centers open for an additional two hours this evening due to faulty computers.
www.denverpost.com...

Attorney Mark Grueskin, representing the Democrats, had asked the court to extend the voting hours to 9 p.m., because voters were becoming disenfranchised from the numerous incidents of computers crashing and because of the abnormally long lines at the polls.
www.denverpost.com...

(CNN)-AP) -- Programming errors and inexperience dealing with electronic voting machines frustrated poll workers in hundreds of precincts early Tuesday, delaying voters in Indiana, Ohio and Florida and leaving some with little choice but to use paper ballots instead.
In Indiana's Marion County, about 175 of 914 precincts turned to paper ballots because poll workers didn't know how to run the machines, said Marion County Clerk Doris Ann Sadler. She said it could take most of the day to fix all of the machine-related issues.
www.cnn.com...

And then theres this to boot..

(BreitBart.com)-A poll worker was arrested Tuesday and charged with assault and interfering with an election for allegedly choking a voter and pushing him out the door, officials said.

It apparently started as a dispute between the two over marking the ballot, said Lt. Col. Carl Yates of the Jefferson County sheriff's office.

The voter told poll worker Jeffery Steitz that he didn't want to vote in a judicial election because he didn't know enough about the candidates, but Steitz told him he had to vote in the race anyway, Yates said.

Steitz, 42, eventually grabbed the man by the neck and threw him out of the polling place, Yates said.

The poor guy went back in and he threw him out again," Yates said. "At least it wasn't over a Democrat or a Republican being on the ballot."
www.breitbart.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
jsobecky: That's hilarious (and terrible at the same time) about the guy seeing his mother's name. Do you have a link to any information about the machines getting caught with preset votes?

I'll look for it. I just heard it on the 6PM news on the radio.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Analyze the polls
Sum it up and draw a conclusion.
It would be pretty suspicious if Neo-conservatives would gain a victory. Of course it doesn't mean they don't make a chance at all, but still pretty suspicious.

Uhmmm... no it wouldn't. Republicans are more likely to vote by mail before the day of the election. Also, they tend to vote at the end of the work day rather than during it. Both of those tend to skew exit polls leftward.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

> Election Problems In Your Area? Let us know about it here
> Missouri Election Integrity Org Says More Reports of Touch-Screen Vote Flipping
> 'Voting Nightmare' Reported by Denver Post
> Polling places turn to paper ballots after glitches
> Diebold Voting Machines Failing to Start Up in Utah, Voters Being Turned Away…
> Burns Campaign Punishes Newspaper For Writing About Poll
> Ky. Poll Worker Charged With Assault
> Poll Workers Struggle With Vote Machines

> GOP Already Trying To Spin Exit Polls To Shadow Vote Fraud
> Voting Machines Woes Cause Early Delays
> Voters Experiencing Difficulty With New Machines
> Court hearing scheduled this morning to consider extending voting hours
> Elections or electrons: What if anything will count your vote?
> Republican national 'robo-calling' scam on eve of election
> GOP control of Congress hangs in balance
> VIDEO - Florida Candidate Finds Unattended Voting Machines
> Lower pump prices fuel political conspiracy theories

I wish i could watch the darn television but i'm not home and they're not watching it where i am (because they dont care)
www.prisonplanet.com...

[edit on 7-11-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I guess I understand now when Lou Doubbs means whe he said that Democracy is in crisis in our nation.

At least I will say that elections were smooth and nice in my precinct.

I did what my job I chose the candidates from both parties that best will represent what I stand for.

And it work for me at least right now.

But many issues will be brought in this elections and the amount of people that have show to vote in record numbers tells that people in this nation are fed up with the state of affair in our country and that they want some change.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I voted today, and it was a paper ballot. I like a paper trail if their are any glitches.

Since I moved since the last election, I even got to my new polling precinct and filled out the new paperwork. I showed an ID (which should be required across the nation.) and some mail from the with my new address.

I was in and out within 5 minutes.

Hopefully I made a difference for the positive in my vote.

No problems here.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by sbob]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbob
I voted today, and it was a paper ballot.

Out of curiosity, what was done with the paper ballot after filling it out? Was it entered into an optical scan machine?

apc

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
In Colorado sqirrels are to blame for some precincts losing electrical power.

AHAHAHAH!!! That is AWESOME! Not three weeks ago my ex was telling me about the Al-Qaeda squirrel that blacked out her entire city. Sucker crawled into a main transformer and shorted it out... cooked to a crisp!! I sense a rodent conspiracy a-paw!!

Well... I don't vote. But, I did get this neat brochure informing me of how to operate the new voting machines, and that the optical paper ballot was still available. It also says the Diebolds being used feature a printer that lets you view your paper printout through a window. So these have a paper trail. However, a large portion of them have apparently broken or have suffered at the hands of human operators who don't know how to use them.

See yah in '08!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbob
I voted today, and it was a paper ballot. I like a paper trail if their are any glitches.

According to the HBO documentary Hacking Democracy, all paperwork is supposed to be kept for, IIRC, 22 months after the election. However, when Bev Harris of Black Box Voting went to a county in Florida to check the paperwork against the final result, the election officials tried to stonewall her... and the sharp-eyed cameraman actually caught one of them trying to dispose of a whole bin-liner full of this evidence. Other Black Box-affiliated volunteers saw it too, and they started going through the trash bag. Then an election worker came out and tried to stop them, denying the nature of what was in the bag.

When people have to go through the trash like that, you know that democracy is in real danger.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I have heard on I believe MSNBC that Moveon.org was offering $250,000 to individuals who "seek" intimidation.

Should not be legal honestly.. where do they have the right?

Also the thousands of lawyers on both sides truly show even in modern times you can have an army.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran

Originally posted by Mdv2
Analyze the polls
Sum it up and draw a conclusion.
It would be pretty suspicious if Neo-conservatives would gain a victory. Of course it doesn't mean they don't make a chance at all, but still pretty suspicious.

Uhmmm... no it wouldn't. Republicans are more likely to vote by mail before the day of the election. Also, they tend to vote at the end of the work day rather than during it. Both of those tend to skew exit polls leftward.

Also I read a study that Republicans tend to vote more on rainy days while dems vote less. I have come to the conclusion that Republicans may have an unfair advatage of hording umbrellas!

And ironically when I first voted, which I voted Republican in 2004 it was pouring!

I couldn't vote today, I had classes from 7-3:30 then work from 3:30 till midnight.. so if someone looses by 1 vote in my district.. my bad. I woulda voted independant anyways! ...

My question for Dems is .... what if nothing changes?.... who do you blame for all our troubles?? .. HmmMmmmMmm

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join