It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glitches, SNAFUs, and Skullduggery: Now at the Polls

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Intimidation and Suppression
The state of California has been forced to send reassuring letters to 14,000 Latino voters who received an intimidating flier from the campaign of Tan Nguyen, who is seeking to unseat five-term Democratic Rep. Loretta Sanchez in California's 47th Congressional District, falsely telling them that immigrant citizens cannot vote.
In Maryland, Democrats and independent voting rights groups have called on state Republicans to repudiate an Election Day handbook that advises GOP poll watchers to aggressively challenge the credentials of voters.
In New York, GOP lawyers filed last-minute challenges to nearly 6,000 registered voters on Friday, raising the specter of police visits to voters’ homes in a race critical to control of the state Senate

www.pfaw.org...

Read on- Intimidation, Machine problems, Absentee Ballots, etc.

Examples abound. The U.S. Justice Department has charged that the city of Philadelphia is violating the rights of Spanish-speaking voters by failing to provide Spanish-language ballots and other voting materials. Twelve people have been charged with tricking Democratic or Green Party voters in Orange County into registering as Republicans. Campaign “robo calls”&mdash essentially push polls—are disguised to seem as though they are coming from a candidate, when in fact they are fielded by an opposing candidate, group, or political party.

Lets see if we get Republicans across the board- with so many people unhappy about the state of affairs, that would surely be a sign, a huge sign that the voting machines have DONE THEIR JOBS.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
And here is the LEFTIST purpose of the internet site you have gotten the info from -
www.pfaw.org...

It was created in direct opposition to the right. No bias there.

I remember PLENTY of 'computer glitches' (etc etc) coming out in favor of the DEMS in 2004. Thousands upon thousands of DEM votes already on machines before voting even started, tires punctured and flattened on buses parked at Republican HQ in Ohio that took elderly people to voting polls, etc etc etc

[edit on 11/7/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It will be MUCH harder to cheat this time. There's a whole brigade of people making sure...... Lets see if people's voices are really heard today!!! I sure hope so!

Indiana, right now, voting "irregularities" in the software.

I hope God is on our side (yours too, FF) and we can see huge changes because of this election- It remains to be seen.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Here's a nice article about some of the groups that are monitoring the polls this election day:
www.poynter.org...

Two phone numbers to call if you spot irregularities are: 866-OUR-VOTE and 888-SAV-VOTE

I already voted.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by Indellkoffer]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

All this tomfoolery looks fun.
Here,s me, anti-political and it looks like I,m missing out on a whole heap of giggles.
Can you get me a job as a tyre puncturer or voting booth smasher???

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
I already voted.

So did I. I was the ONLY person voting when i went in. There were 6 poll workers and just me.

I am not too happy about the fact that there is no paper record of who I voted for. Or at least there doesn't appear to be. Electronics .... maybe I'm just old ... but I would REALLY like to see some paper trail backup of the votes.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I agree that this time with so critical elections it will be a big group of voting activist to make sure that things go smoothly and with minimum problems for the voters.

We in the last 6 years has seen what is going on with the problematic machines, from machine malfunctions to cover ups and fraud.

We can never deny that Bush winning in 2000 was not a victory that was decided by voters but by the Supreme court and Florida.

We also know that Ohio in 2004 had enough evidence and challenges to their voting violations.

This time It will not be that easy, we the voters deserved reliable outcome of our democratic elections.

Is our rights.

It doesn't matter if you are Democrat or Republican we all should be vigilant.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I am not too happy about the fact that there is no paper record of who I voted for. Or at least there doesn't appear to be. Electronics .... maybe I'm just old ... but I would REALLY like to see some paper trail backup of the votes.

Me too Fyers me too, we need the paper trail to make sure that all our votes counts.

We are supposed to be the model of a nation that value their democracy but all these problems are making our nation look bad. How can a nation like ours can not even take care of a clean and reliable process like elections.

When we can not even spend enough money to make it reliable.

Is just a shame.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
A paper trail back up of all votes would make us ALL feel better.

You're right, FF. Republicans and Democrats alike.

What's this i hear about a power outtage somewhere in some poll? That's convenient.

See, as long as the ill-reputed machines keep doing the "counting" we are all going to be at odds and the conspiracies will live on.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
And don't forget Dg the divisions in our country will keep growing and discontent and mistrust will prevail.

I wonder if that is the desirable outcome of all this.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Already Denver Colorado is having problems with glitches on the voting machines when they open the polls this morning.

So I guess we may be hearing a lot of problems during this elections.

Glitches delayed balloting in dozens of Indiana and Ohio precincts, and Illinois officials were swamped with calls from voters complaining that poll workers did not know how to operate new electronic equipment.

Also,

In Delaware County, Indiana, officials planned to seek a court order to extend voting after an apparent computer error prevented voters from casting ballots in 75 precincts

In Florida,

In the Jacksonville suburb of Orange Park, Florida, voters were forced to use paper ballots after an electronic machine broke.

It seems that as the time goes we may see more and more problems with the very unreliable voting machines[/]

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 7-11-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
It will be MUCH harder to cheat this time. There's a whole brigade of people making sure...... Lets see if people's voices are really heard today!!! I sure hope so!

I wish I shared your optimism, but Diebold machines can be easily rigged before the election even begins to tip the outcome in a pre-determined candidate's favor, without leaving a trace. And even if they don't do that, the individual running the central tabulation machine can edit the database file without leaving a trace as well, and that is done out of public sight. Sequoia machines have a button that can be pressed if you want to vote again. That one is slightly less likely to get away with, as it apparently beeps when you press it, but still! Who puts a button that lets you vote again on the outside of a machine?!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
We all know what probably has happened if the Republicans win the elections.

1-The majority of voters support Bush & Co.
2-Karl Rove implemented his October Surprise Virus onto the voting machines.

Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Today was my first time voting with an electronic machine.....I too wish had some sort of receipt.......though my machine did have that option of prinitng a receipt...I don't believe it was 'hooked-up'.

The machine I was using was an 'Asonomie' or something like that...not a diebold or the 'S' one....

What I was suprised about was the size of the screens........they were larger than my 27" TV. I can see where 'older' folk may have problems with the machines....some technologies are hard to grasp. Since I used a GPS system with touch screen I knew how to scroll down the ballot screen (when needed....proposals by the dems/libs to raise taxes
....NJ) but older folks can easily have a difficult time interacting with the technology.

That's why, I believe, some poll workers (we're talking about the elections.......:lol
stand behind and help voters and it's being mis-construde as 'vote pushers'.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Personally, I'd be happy if they got rid of electronic voting and electronic vote counting altogether, but at the very least, the machine should print two receipts, one which you look over and place into a locked box and one which you take home with you and keep. In the event of a dispute, the printed receipts in the boxes can be compared to the electronic vote count. If those receipts "get lost" then the citizens can form their own independent count of their personal receipts and compare that to the electronic count.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
More problems with the machines.

In Colorado sqirrels are to blame for some precincts losing electrical power.

Othe states decided to change to paper ballots after the glitches.

Programming errors and inexperience dealing with electronic voting machines frustrated poll workers in hundreds of precincts early Tuesday, delaying voters in Indiana, Ohio and Florida and leaving some with little choice but to use paper ballots instead.

Orange Park, Florida,
Pennsylvania's Lebanon County
Delaware County, Indiana
Cleveland,

just to name few of the counties that are going back to old paper ballots after problems.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Darn it! I hate it when i post and it dissapears on me.

Anyway, I think there's much discontent out there, more than half the nation is against the war and this current agenda....SO, if there's a victory by the Republicans, i'd be willing to betcha that it was due to cheating. No kidding, huh?!

Bush & Rove are VERY CONFIDENT in a victory. Why is that?

Time will tell if we've been had AGAIN.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
if there's a victory by the Republicans, i'd be willing to betcha that it was due to cheating.

Sigh

It's only a valid win if the dems get in, eh? If anyone other than a Dem gets in then there MUST have been cheating?? dg, dg, dg, .... All I can do is look at that and sigh. *sigh*.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Sigh

It's only a valid win if the dems get in, eh? If anyone other than a Dem gets in then there MUST have been cheating?? dg, dg, dg, .... All I can do is look at that and sigh. *sigh*.

Don't be silly.

Watch this video:
www.youtube.com...

Analyze the polls

Sum it up and draw a conclusion.

It would be pretty suspicious if Neo-conservatives would gain a victory. Of course it doesn't mean they don't make a chance at all, but still pretty suspicious.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Othe states decided to change to paper ballots after the glitches.

Programming errors and inexperience dealing with electronic voting machines frustrated poll workers in hundreds of precincts early Tuesday, delaying voters in Indiana, Ohio and Florida and leaving some with little choice but to use paper ballots instead.

Orange Park, Florida,
Pennsylvania's Lebanon County
Delaware County, Indiana
Cleveland,

just to name few of the counties that are going back to old paper ballots after problems.

Just a clarification that while they may be using paper ballots, those ballots will still be either run through an optical scan machine or another form of counting machine once they get them running again, and optical scan machines are the easiest of all to give a pre-determined outcome undetectably. As shown in the HBO/BBV documentary, the memory cards the votes are stored on can be pre-set to have a negative number for one candidate and a positive number for another candidate, tipping the count in their favor without anyone knowing. (The machines give a hard-coded readout of 0 votes for all candidates when they power up, regardless of what the votes on the memory card say at the time.)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join