It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wierd crap Going On In My House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I was wondering if you people could discuss any ghost experiences you have encountered in your lifetime. I find the spiritual world very interesting

Let me tell you some stories that have occurred in my house

One night I was all alone in my basement on the computer . We have this shelve downstairs with all the pictures of dead relatives/friends our family had the privilege of knowing. Well anyway I was on the internet, when my dog started growling and barking at the shelf. It was scaring the # out of me. My dog has never done this ever before. And my dog was backing up as she was barking, like somebody was forcing her back.

Another incident occurred a couple months ago, when I was awoken at 4 am by the sound of a radio in the kitchen. We barely ever use that radio, and it was really disrupting my sleep. So I go down to turn it off, and what do I hear? Its a radio talk show discussing spirits & ghosts. What the hell is going on in my house???? Can you people share your opinions on these stories, because some of this is really freaking me out!

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Someone is trying to tell you something. Maybe you should consult a medium?

lily-dale.at.insite-express.com...

Rose Clifford is highly recommended.

5th from left on the top of the above link

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
OK that sounds freeky

but it could be that your dead relitives are trying to let you know they are around still.

maybe a way of contacting you...
was there anything left undone when any of them died.

is the date around there birthdays, there death, or some other important date,
as it could be a way of letting you know they are thinking of you ect

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It kinda sounds like a poltergeist. My grandparent's house had two. At certain times of the day, they would make heavy breathing noises coming from under their bed. That would freak out any dog in the house. Also, they would turn on and off lights at inopportune moments, like when I was in the shower or doing homework. They are harmless and you shouldn't worry...that is if they are a poltergeist.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I have many stories involving ghosts...

The office that I used to work at was in a building that was built sometime in the 60's. I dont know the history behind it, but I do know for sure that a ghost or ghosts reside there. One night, I had stayed late to finish up a project that needed to be done and was working in the front office. While I was doing my work, I heard what sounded like belching coming from the bathroom. I didn't really think anything of it at first and ignored it. Then I heard the sound of somone sneezing coming from the bathroom, and then clearing their throat. So, at that point, I decided to investigate. I walked up to the door, noted that the light was off (I couldn't see any light coming out from under the door), and when I opened the door up, no one was there. The other employees at the office also said they heard strange noises throughout the day as well.

Since then, we have moved into a new office, which is housed in another old building and was formerly offices for the local chapter of the American Red Cross. We do have spirits roaming around there as well. One of our office workers was in an office talking to another office worker, and she noticed a silouhetted figure walking by the door to the office. She went out into the hallway, and no one was there. Most recently, I was working late one night by myself and happened to look up in the front area of our office and noticed the black figure briefly myself. One of our employees is rather clairvoyant and noted that she has seen this figure as well and has stated that he is there to do no harm. She said she has seen him as if he has his arms wrapped around someone as if to help or comfort them. So, we assume that he may have been related with the former Red Cross office.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Some people seem to attract ghosts, I don't know why. I have felt their presence before but they don't ever bother me for some reason. Not that they ever come around much.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I believe, many times, that these experiences and phenomena are as connected with the person as they are with the locale.

I have a thread here of the things I have been dealing with in "this ol' house":

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But this is not the first time that things have happened around me. So what I am saying is that I believe there are certain people who are more "open???" to the spirit world, and these things tend to happen through out their lives.

I believe there are others on the board who will agree.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Another one of our office employees lost her father at a rather young age, and doesn't know what happened to him. She has heard conflicting reports as to what happened to him at his time of death.

She says she has many dreams about him, and most of them end with him reaching out to grab her hand and tell her something. She says at this point though, she either wakes up or someone wakes her up. The interesting part though is that she said when she wakes up, she's sitting at the edge of her bed with her arm extended.

Additionally, she said that she has tried to research his death, but every time she does, she either hits a dead end or a family member tells her not to research it any further.

She has attempted to obtain obituaries or even articles explaining his death, but has come up with nothing.

Obviously, her father is trying to tell her something, but for some reason, other forces in either realm don't want her to know.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I bought this old house. The old woman who lived there we called Granny. She was allways agitated by us kids when I was growing up. I was a noisy kid.

She had died years ago. I knew her two nephews who grew up in the house. One of the brothers lived nearby and the other lived in Florida. The one in Florida never knew I had bought the house and wasn't to fond of keeping in touch with his other brother.

I started remodeling the place. What bad luck I had. It was like I was having trouble doing the simlipest things . Had several accidents which just didn't seem right. I've allways been carfull. I started to gut the old place, ripping down walls, plaster etc. What a mess.

Within two days, the brother who lived nearby came over to see me and what I was doing to the place and he told me all about how his brother in Florida called the other day, completly out of the blue and asked what was going with Granny's old house.

Seems he had a vivid dream about Granny being all upset about the house. It impressed upon him so much he had to call just to find out.

Was it a coincidence?

I think not!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 01:42 AM
link   
People are not alone. They have Powerful beings around them that account for 99.99% of ghostly encounters.

My dead aunt turns up every now and then, but it's just an astral being pretending to be her to comfort me.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
That's weird, man. My old dog acted up sometimes like that, too. Right out of nowhere.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Weird indeed.....

I keep seeing a black shadow creeping down the steps
like a small panther of some sort. Once it goes down the first flight of steps, it dissapears. One time 2 of us were watching tv and saw it at the same time. It happens 3-4 times aweek.

Dunno what to do, never bothers me though.

My dog also gets into defensive mode too.......very weird.

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by U.S. Patriot]

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I believe that spirits/ghosts are powered by electro-magnetic energy. If there is enough ambient electro-magnetic energy in a specific place, they can use it to come through to our realm/dimension/plane whatever you want to call it. Electric bill costs going up for no apparent reason are a good sign of spirit/ghost activity.
If a person gives off enough natural electro-magnetic energy, this could account for "sensitive" people.
During my wife's last pregnancy, we had "something" making it's presence known in the doorway of our kitchen. Late one night I heard a splat sound in the kitchen and went to investigate. There in the middle of the doorway was a good size puddle of room temp water. It was no where near the sink, nothing had leaked or spilled, there was no water on the wall or anywhere else, just a perfect puddle of water. Some other minor things like the phone ringing when we talked about our soon to be born baby, but nothing but a dial tone when picking it up. When he was born (supposed to be Sept. 11, 2001, he came a day early on Sept. 10) it stopped, and we have not had anything ghostly happen since.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Pray for those dead people.

top topics

join