It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Voting on Gay Marriage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Just wanted to see how the folks on here would vote on this. I have my own opinion and am gonna vote for the bill to pass today that will define a marriage as being between a man and a woman...

I realize that gays have rights, and that they should be allowed to do whatever they like in their personal lives. Now, does that mean that I have to accept their behavior as ok and appropriate? No, and passing a bill to recognize a union between them will put them beyond tolerating and into accepting. And that I cannot do, what say you?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I would, personally vote for it. I don't see how it affects me at all really. I am not gay, so there is no real reason why I should care if two men/women want to marry...it should be their choice, not mine IMO.

Originally posted by MasterJedi
No, and passing a bill to recognize a union between them will put them beyond tolerating and into accepting. And that I cannot do

If you don't mind me asking...why? How would having two men/women married, rather than just living together/dating, affect you? Is it religious beliefs?

[edit on 11/7/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
No, I am not religious. I just don't think that homosexual lifestyle should be put forth to young people as being an option deemed ok and actually preffered in some cities in America. I see where you are saying that it doesn't effect you so why should you care, but what about your son? I personally don't feel that being gay is ok, its against the grain of nature and also has many more health risks associated with it as well. If someone is gay, I don't care, I just don't want it put in my face... I don't go around hollering that I'm heterosexual, so why should they?

new topics

join