It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'Breeding Extremism' in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Aljazeera

An Iraqi parliamentary delegation visiting Qatar has accused the US army in Iraq of breeding extremism by carrying out an "irresponsible arrest campaign".

Adnan al-Dulaimi, the chairman of the Front, said: "There are now around 17,000 Iraqi detainees in Buka camp in the south. Most of them are innocent people. They get arrested and thrown in jail for months and years without charges and without trial, and while in prison they are approached by al-Qaeda people.

"When you are forgotten and suffer psychological pressure you tend to go back to religion and appeal to God to end your ordeal, added to that the desire to take revenge on those who illegally threw you in jail, you tend to be a soft target for extremists.

Even wondered why are there so many Extremists in Iraq?

Well it looks like the US Armed Forces are actually Creating them.

But maybe that is their Plan...

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well I remember when they were, foreign terrorist coming across the borders, then it became insurgency, and then sectarian violence, and civil unrest.

I guess our government should go down and call it for what it is.

Extremist born of desperation against occupation.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Sure it's US troops that creates them. Anybody that dumb they think it would be Islam.

Many Middle Eastern analysts believe the U.S. invasion of Iraq was another godsend to al-Qaeda, both in relieving pressure on their scattered forces along the Afghan-Pakistani border and in transforming this band of zealous killers into defenders of Muslim lands.

The Iraq War became a cause celebre that attracted thousands of recruits to militant Islam, young men who saw their mission as fighting a defensive jihad against the Christian invaders, much as their ancestors fought the Crusaders centuries ago. In Iraq, these recruits received training and were battle-tested.

For three years, the U.S.-led invasion and occupation of Iraq has been a gift to al-Qaeda that keeps on giving, also helping bin-Laden rehabilitate his image with fellow Muslims who were horrified by the excessive violence used in attacking civilians in New York City on Sept. 11, 2001.
www.consortiumnews.com...

This a fact is long known and general acknowledged by the US Intel community.

According to a National Intelligence Estimate, representing the consensus view of the U.S. intelligence community in April 2006, “the global jihadist movement is decentralized, lacks a coherent global strategy, and is becoming more diffuse.”

The NIE also concluded that the Iraq War – rather than weakening the cause of Islamic terrorism – had become a “cause celebre” that was “cultivating supporters for the global jihadist movement.”

They even have definite evidence in intercepted communication, showing what al Queda might fear most is an American withdrawel, that would derail the steady building of force they with the fighting excalerating now experience.

... an intercepted letter from Osama bin Laden’s deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri, dated July 9, 2005, that exhorted Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, then al-Qaeda’s leader in Iraq, to begin preparing for an American military withdrawal.

According to a fuller reading of the letter, Zawahiri is worrying that a rapid U.S. military withdrawal could cause al-Qaeda’s operation in Iraq to collapse because its foreign jihadists, who flocked to Iraq to battle the Americans, might give up the fight and go home.

“The mujahaddin must not have their mission end with the expulsion of the Americans from Iraq, and then lay down their weapons, and silence the fighting zeal,” wrote Zawahiri, according to a text released by the U.S. Director of National Intelligence.

Jami Miscik, CIA deputy associate director for intelligence, expressed the consensus view that bin Laden recognized how Bush’s heavy-handed policies – such as the Guantanamo prison camp, the Abu Ghraib abuse scandal and the war in Iraq – were serving al-Qaeda’s strategic goals for recruiting a new generation of jihadists.

“Certainly,” Miscik said, “he would want Bush to keep doing what he’s doing for a few more years.”

When Osama shows up with a message in the final weeks up to election, be presidental or midterm, it is because he wants you to vote GOP.
Got the message.

Without the help of Osama, Dubaya would never have been reelected.

Psychologi 101 is what it is.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
And again I may ask, who brought terrorist and insurgency to Iraq?

Iraq was not our enemy, but Saddam was, Iraqis were not our enemies until US invaded that nation.

So I may ask again who made the Iraqi nation and the Iraqi people our enemy?

After invasion.

Funny how people tend to forget who invaded Iraq first and then left the doors open to opportunist and radical Islam to come in so the entire nation would become a battler ground to the costly fight on terror.

And then people wonder Why Iraqis can not embrace democracy and freedom.

Perhaps because that was never to be the outcome of invasion?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
And again I may ask, who brought terrorist and insurgency to Iraq?

Iraq was not our enemy, but Saddam was, Iraqis were not our enemies until US invaded that nation.

So I may ask again who made the Iraqi nation and the Iraqi people our enemy?

After invasion.

Funny how people tend to forget who invaded Iraq first and then left the doors open to opportunist and radical Islam to come in so the entire nation would become a battler ground to the costly fight on terror.

And then people wonder Why Iraqis can not embrace democracy and freedom.

Perhaps because that was never to be the outcome of invasion?

I was watching a GREAT documentary, called Shadow Company, about the Private Security Contractors in Iraq. A very Eye Openig Watch I must say, and I strongly suggest that Everybody watches it! But that is not the point here.

One of the Interviewees in the movie (I don't recall who at this moment, but I think he was an ex-military person), said that the Insurgents - or whatever you want to call them - get payed 100$ for an RPG round fired at Coalition troops. And let's say, that there are MANY unemployed Iraqi's at current time in Iraq. And they are not terrorists, neither are the Al-Qaeda, or parts of any Militia - just averege unemplyed Men, who get 100$ for an RPG round fired at Coalition troops.

But that is just one part of the Story in Iraq - there are many, many more fractions, sides, agent provocateurs, false flag operations, real terrorists, local Militia, Police Death Squads, former Ba'ath regime members - and all togather they make this Chaos, some people like to call Democracy and a Milestone in Middle East.

I call it a F.U.B.A.R.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
One day after the lies of the invasion in Iraq came out I came to the realization and the understanding of what Iraq conflict was all about.

I knew back then that peace was never to be the goal, that the people were never the priority and that our soldiers will keep dying on a private agenda that is what Iraq is all about.

Still many can not comprehend what is all about and never will.

Thanks for the link I saw the Battler ground Iraq documentary and is just so many things that are kept hidden from the regular American that is a shame.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
marg6043

Iraq was not our enemy, but Saddam was

Why was Saddam our enemy? He got rid of his WMD’s, never ever lied to us, kept his country under control, modelled his economy and social systems on Western ones, was pro-western in so many other ways; was enemy of Iran, had been an ally of ours before and was still willing to be one again.

And then people wonder Why Iraqis can not embrace democracy and freedom. Perhaps because that was never to be the outcome of invasion?

Totally agree with you there; 60% of Iraqis are still backward Muslim fundamentalists; many still believe in stoning women to death for adultery, banning alcohol, no female education, and that sort of stuff. These people want an western; Iranian style dictator to be their leader. I say give them a pro-western dictator. Bury them alive as long as they wish to oppress people’s right to freedom of belief. I'm a libertarian who believes in authoritarianism to the authoritarian because in Iraq it is the only solution. How else are we to make Iraq prosperous like it was pre-1991?

Souljah: Obviously we are creating terrorists and not just by those we wrongfully arrest. Something I’ve never understood though is why our idea of individual Arab justice is so slow and well err c***?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
marg6043

Iraq was not our enemy, but Saddam was

Why was Saddam our enemy? He got rid of his WMD’s, never ever lied to us, kept his country under control, modelled his economy and social systems on Western ones, was pro-western in so many other ways; was enemy of Iran, had been an ally of ours before and was still willing to be one again.

While I agree with you Saddam was the enemy of our president and a personal thing for him.

Now even when I agree with you on that statement in your post and all your post for tha matter.

Don't go telling the truth around because you will be deemed a Terrorist sympathizer.

But yes you are right about Saddam.

new topics

top topics

join