It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barefoot Life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I know this seems like a strange topic, but I see relivence. I'm a strong believer in personal freedom and individuality. One of the things I've taken pleasure in since I was a very small boy, is walking barefoot. To me, shoes, and socks just don't feel right.

I was just wondering, does anyone else like going barefoot?

Tim

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
AAAAAAAAAARGH! YES!

I love going barefoot. Even if it's a 10 minute trek down to the store where I have to brave smashed bottles and hot foot paths!

There is no better feeling than walking through the shopping centre on niiiiice cool tiles and watching all these shoe wearing freaks looking at your feet like you're the goon.

It really p's off my girlfriend that I do it in the store. She's always askin' me to put on my shoes. I just say that I " Don't wanna".

Yeah. No shoes is the way to go. Shoes are for girls and other smelly people.

Right on my strong soled brother, right on.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Thank you!

It's nice to know there is one like mind here. Speaking of going barefoot, I was barefoot yesterday up at Gettisburg National Historic Park (Civil War Battle Feild).

Tim

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I read the title as barefoot lie.

. . . .

so but yeah anyways, i like to go barefoot unless i have globes on then its like my feet on are a thick sole like a big booty chick.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I`m with you there Ghost01,
I was just saying on another thread that we are designed to go bare foot.
I listened to an interesting radio show a while back,and this health geezer was saying how shoes stop us from being "earthed"properly,and could be one reason for diseases.
Sort of made sense to me,as we are all about electrical signals.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I read the title as barefoot lie.

it's Barefoot Life! somehow you missed the f

Tim

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Silcone Synapse,

I agree! Humans are design to walk barefoot. Modern societies obsession with shoes is very unhealthy. I grew up running going barefoot and know it's healthier. One thing that Pissis me off about the part of the US where I life is that most buisness don't let you in if your barefoot. If anyone's intrested, there is an internet mailing list for people who love going barefoot (which I'm a member of).

The web site is at: www.barefooters.org...

Tim

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Well the shoe companies are listening and they designed a shoe that mimics barefoot walking without actually having to go barefoot. Studies have shown that the amount of leg, thigh and tendon injuries in long distance speed walkers dropped dramatically. I wouldn't walk barefoot in the city though so this is perfect for me.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
ohh i love to feel the ground on my feet, sadly livingb in a city i dont get much chance to, also people tend to throw alot of glass around in parks ect so can be dangerous also needles ect,

though i do find time now and again where i just throw my shoes of and walk on the grass, wiggle my toes in water over a hanging tree,

amazing

the only other time is after a night out and my shoes really hurt i tend to take of my heels and walk on the pavement lol that can feel like heaven after dancing all night lol

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Nasty...atleast were flip flops or you are going to spread diseases.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The only people spreading diseases are people who wear shoes.

Think about it. You step in a small dog turd in a shoe, you may not wash it all off. Step in same turd in bare feet and you wash it straight off.

Walking around in shoes is like wearing the same pair of jocks everyday.

PLUS, wearing shoes rots your feet.

Have you seen the new Nike Tinea?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
The only people spreading diseases are people who wear shoes.

How true, Ive been going barefoot all my life and I'm very healthy. In fact it's been a few Years since the last time I got sick. Thanks Unrealized!

Tim

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Not a problem my un-socked brother!

Man, I SHOULD join a no shoes group...

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
In public, no.

Me being barefoot outside of my immediate family is no good. It leaves me feeling naked. Infact, I would probaly feel just as uncomfortable being naked as I would being barefoot.
Ofcourse, I'm not about to go outside naked to test it, but I'm not about to go outside barefoot either.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised

Man, I SHOULD join a no shoes group...

Try the Society for Barefoot Living! I'm a member of that group and they do a great job of Promoting the barefoot lifestyle. The SBL is basically an E-mail list and a web site, but you can meet some really good people there. Mebership is free, all you have to do is fill out the application. The Web site is at:

www.barefooters.org...

Read over the page and you will find the link to join. Just click on it and fill out the application.

Tim

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Barefoot is not nearly so much fun if you're enjoying a resentment against made in China buckets you tie onto your feet.

(Made in China buckets you tie onto your feet.

OK the entire nation is flooded with crappy made in China buckets you tie onto your feet. Guaranteed to cripple, induce giant blood blisters and flatten your feet. There is one good shoe made in Canada. It is the Prospector Biowalk shoe.

The Prospector Biowalk shoe is a shoe befitting its name. Fine leather upper with a full arch comfortably molded for healthy posture - it is IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND HERE.

The only available retailer is Zappos online who DON'T SHIP TO CANADA.

This is really adding insult to injury. Here we see the subterfuge of the corporatcracy and their underhanded attempts to demoralize, bankrupt and cripple an entire nation.

Prospector has no web-site of their own that can be found. No company contact number available through Zappos. Are they defunct already? No a smattering of their shoes are available through E-bay, if you don't feel the need to try a shoe on before you buy it.

What the heck? Isn't it bad enough they have to derail all manufacturing - they have to attack our feet at the same time. China must be a flat footed nation, inured to the injurious insult of wearing only poorly made shoes, or no shoes at all. Is that what they have in store for us.

Many of you have probably not noticed the sharp and insidious decline in shoe quality since our politicians have decided to run our economies like third world countries - exporting raw materials and importing junk, since you are able to drive everywhere. That's probably the reason they attacked the shoes first. It will only cripple the poor, for now.

I have saved all my pennies for a pair of Prospector Biowalk made in Canada shoes - and it appears they are only available for export. The exporters will not even mail them back to us.)

And you really can't ride with a saddle and no shoes. I like bareback just fine - but a good saddle is a gift to mankind. I suspect you may like to go barefoot because all the made in China buckets are a hazard to feet and feet really are better off without them.

[edit on 13-11-2006 by clearwater]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well I don't care to see no stinkin feet. Human feet look awful so keep that nastiness covered up! It's almost like displaying your private parts in public.

Plus what happened if you stepped in dog poop with no shoes? you carry soap and water everywhere you go? So what happens when you need to step into a public place or someone's house!

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Well I don't care to see no stinkin feet. Human feet look awful so keep that nastiness covered up! It's almost like displaying your private parts in public.

Plus what happened if you stepped in dog poop with no shoes? you carry soap and water everywhere you go? So what happens when you need to step into a public place or someone's house!

Sorry, but your logic doesn't hold. Feet are't anything private. They are more like hands. I'm curious, do you AVOID the beach in the summer? Everyone I know goes Barefoot on the beach.

Two things: First, I look where I'm walking. Second, do you know all the stuff you can find on a door knob? If your that worried about germs, you should be washing your hands every time you touch something. Third, The soles of my feet are no dirtier than your shoes, but I wash my feet EVERY Day. Can you say the same about your shoes?

Tim

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There used to be a neo-hippy on our campus who'd walk around barefoot all the time.

He had dirty feet. Damned dirty hippy.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I was just saying on another thread that we are designed to go bare foot.

Very true. Although it has less to do with grounding us and more to do with feet being better suited to adapting to terrain than shoes.

Think about it, if you are walking over flat ground, shoes are fine. But if the ground is bumpy, flat shoes wobble and see-saw kind of. Feet however, fold over things, and toes can flex upwards over stuff.
I love going barefoot. I don't do it in public, but whenever I can my socks and shoes are off and stomping around au naturale (although only my feet are nude).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join