It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Javelina attack!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
It's not exactly crypto, but an interesting video nonetheless. A javalina is cornered by my friend's two wolfdogs and the dogs get bit more than they bargained for. My dad shot the video, here it is:

Video

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Was it during a hunt or something that happened during a walk? Interesting video - although I'm not sure what relevance it has, especially to crypto? I'm not sure what we should be discussing here? Maybe you can use some sort of lead-up to a discussion or something?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
sodom
sorry, to let the dogs surround the javalina, how stupid is this???
poor javalina
poor dog
poor people

sodom

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
It's in the many multi-acre "yard", dogs were just hanging out as usual, and then ran down into the wash after the Javelina. They chase stuff all the time, bringing home the occasional rabbit. They're wilderness dogs, they spend most all their time out being wolves instead of caged in a little box somewhere. My dad heard a ruckus and had just enough time to turn on his camera and film the event.

Oh, and BTw sodom, how would YOU suggest not "letting" two wolfdogs surround a javelina from a distance over rough terrain?
They're wolves, that's what they do. Ever had an animal? Did it ever do something you didn't approve of? Why did YOU let it do so? Are you too stupid to control it? So what if a couple of predatory animals surround potential prey, that's the way nature works, deal with it son, it happens everyday all over the world.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Javelinas are scary, ornery beasts. I wouldn't want to tangle with them.

Right on about the dogs and their instincts.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
sodom
you are right about their instincts DezertSkies
but its not good to let the dogs go after the javalina, and i think its illegal to.
sodom

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The legality of hunting with dogs varies from state-to-state.

In my state, you can use dogs to hunt/track some species, but not others, and in some counties, but not others.

Its always adviseable to check with the local authorities as to what is permissable.

In this case, however, it does not sound like the person hunted/tracked the javelinas deliberately, but again, that may be for some legal agency to decide.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
from what I can see and hear from the video I am going to draw a few conclusions.

1 The people in this video have been part of the Wolfs family for several years.
Please read that again. It is an important fact. It is also a factor in the progression of events. The first and most important lesson that anyone who has lived with wolves
or wolf hybreds will tell you is the wolf does not become a part of your family. You become part of theirs. Youbecome part of the pack, in fact you must become the Alpha.

2. The woman in this video is solely responsible for the "attack". The Wolf was protecting
the female. as is His nature. The Wolf was providing an opportunity for the female to get away from possible injury and /or attack. The female was however more interested in the javalina.

3. stupid people. Does it not occur to people when they see wild animals then ask
" where is the rest of your family" that if there is a rest of the family including young
they are hidden to protect them, and the one that you see is the " last line of defence"
in that protection?

Had this been a MaMa Griz instead of a Javalina the Wolfs actions would have been the same the outcome would have been much worse im sure. If as is possible even probable the 2 leggeds were moving in a direction that placed them between the adult and their young not only would the wolf have died protecting the 2 legged. In all likelyhood the 2 leggeds would have died, and the griz would have been hunted down and killed for the crime of protecting its young, when in fact it was the arrogence and stupidity of the 2leggeds that was at fault and responsible for the murder of the bear and the deaths of 2 leggeds and their selfsacrificing and noble wolf.

The more Im around people, The more I love Wolves.

top topics

join