It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How American citizens have abandoned the souls of their military:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
people say they support the troops. most lie. if they supported the troops at all, they would know they are damning their souls. thanks for your support.

Link/Source:
usmilitary.about.com...

The United States Air Force’s Oath of Enlistment:
External Source

I, ___________________________________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

But, the american government broke Title 10 of the constitution when they went to war with Iraq. they did not follow the Constitution of the United States, they disregarded it. so, all military members who swore or affirmed the above oath, are currently breaking their oath, unless they defend the constitution of the united states against domestic enemies, to include the government which disregarded the constitution when they disregarded Title 10.

Dear United States Air Force,
Here are your core values, the epitome of what you are, which you swore to GOD and/or affirmed to yourself, GOD by proxy:

Link/Source:
usmilitary.about.com...

The United States Air Force Core Values:
External Source

Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all things we do. These core values serve as our road map and set the standard for our behavior.

1) integrity (truth) first.
2) service before self.
3) excellence in all things we do.

Your words.

Now mine: with 101 words of truth:

If you had kept your promise to GOD, and/or yourself, you would know when you invoke the fear in others, when you invoke the sense of the need to survive in others, when you re-enforce their perceived need for keeping the genetic command of “Self Before Service” you disregard your oath to re-enforce the second of your core values of “Service before Self”. If you carry out any order given to you that contradicts the core value you promised GOD and yourself to defend against all enemies foreign and domestic, it shall be your soul. Be true to your self.

Again. If americans support afflicting fear in the hearts and minds of others using their military, then they are causing their troops to sin against themselves and/or GOD.

thanks for your support!

[edit on 7-11-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Actually, you have a choice of the oath to swear or afifrm, one which you posted is the one without a detity reference. I re-enlisted last year and had the old oath that ended So, Help me God.

I have been in the USAF.. and will be retiring in the last part of the next years after 22 years and 8 month of service.

But I find that with the young troops, times have changed. I know of alot of young members who do not see things like I did when I was a young airman. Some are so anti-religion that it scares me.

Others are so anti-war or violence, I sometimes woonder what they are doing in the military in the first place!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted by kitanis

Actually, you have a choice of the oath to swear or affirm, I have been in the USAF. Others are so anti-war or violence, I sometimes wonder what they are doing in the military in the first place! [Edited by Don W]

It's a job. I enjoyed my 5 years in the USAF. HD in 1964. Looking back, it is a 50/50 toss-up for me whether I should have re-upped again. I was well placed to make E9 which would have been a nice retirement at age 38. $2,400 a month. Time to get a job and earn 100% of the SS plan, $1,400 a month, which together would make for the good life. $45,600 gross, a year.

Oath taking today is purely symbolic. Very few people listen to it when they take it. Many have no qualms about breaking it. Richard Nixon, in 1973. Randy Cunningham. Robert Nye. Etc. How big a prison would we need if we put every person who broke his or her oath behind bars? You’ll have to admit oaths in 2006 are anachronistic. Quaint. Left over from history.

That was not always true. For example, in 1215, when King John signed the Magna Carta, trial by jury was instituted for nobles and clergy. Not for ordinary mortals. That came much later. In 1215, trials were not like the trials of today. When a person of noble birth was accused of a crime, if he could obtain 12 jurors - say swearers - he was acquitted. In other words, if he could find 12 people willing to take a solemn oath he was innocent, he was thereby declared “not guilty.”

Why was that? People in the 13th century - and both before and later - actually believed that God would condemn anyone who swore a false oath to eternal Hell-fire. It stood to reason anyone who could find a dozen people - the twelve apostles - who were willing to place their souls in eternal jeopardy would not lie. And so it was until we became more sophisticated and also, as in Job, noted that a person proven to have sworn falsely was not in any way penalized on this Earth. So what’s it all mean? Get your’s today. Let tomorrow take care of itself.

US Con. Art II, Sec. 1, Cl. 6: “Before he enter on the execution of his office, he shall take the following oath or affirmation: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

Contrary to popular belief, the option of ‘swearing’ or ‘affirming’ is not a concession to atheists, of which there were probably none as we understand atheism today. No god. Deism would be the closest thing then to modern atheism. Pantheism. God is everywhere and nowhere at the same time. That’s what makes him God. Agnostic would be a more accurate label for a lot of the Founding Fathers.

Many fundamentalist Protestants did not then and do not now, believe int taking oaths. Somewhere in the Holy Scriptures it says “do not take an oath” so this option - to affirm - was a concession to fundamentalist Protestants. And maybe Quakers - Society of Friends, too.

[edit on 11/7/2006 by donwhite]

join