It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Does God's Mind Move at Light Speed or Faster?

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I believe it is faster than light speed. When I was an atheist 11 years ago and bedridden for a year with an undiagnosed illness He struck my brain so fast ("lightning") that I became an undeniable believer. I have been an incontrovertible believer ever since.

If God's mind is not faster than light speed, how could He control the speed of light?




posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I would think God controls everything on an infinite level, far faster than the speed of light. Afterall, infinity is eternity.



posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
I would think God controls everything on an infinite level, far faster than the speed of light. Afterall, infinity is eternity.


I agree. We can only partly know Eternity or Infinity without ever fully knowing it. We can never be equal with God, but we can move in the right direction by learning a little about Him each day for Eternity.

We can try to put a number on Infinity or Eternity but that would imply that God works with limits; limits are a human construction; God is Infinitely Eternal.

God Bless!!!



posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Certainly God is faster than the speed of light. He is everywhere at once. Although, "God is light," he is not confined to its physical properties.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]



posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It took a Being without limits, God, to create the Miracle of Life. If it were left up to humans, animals, and plants, nothing would exist in the past, present, and future. All are subject to the Eternal God's Will.



posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
what nonesense is this? How can you measure the speed of the mind ?? Does that even make sense ? Its not a freaking computer people, no GHz or anythign ?


How fast do you think your mind works? Give me a mph figure ?

And then Gods mind. why does god need a mind ?? Does he need to think about things ? Does he not already know everything ?

Faith - it makes people lose their minds!



posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
God experiences, thinks, and acts on everything at every moment simultaneously. God is not subject the flow of time like we are so in essence there is no measure of time or speed for God, he just is.



posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
experiences? What like feelings like pain, if you slap him ? But isnt he outside time ? how can he experience when there is no time ?



posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
experience like observing a boneheaded race of evolved monkeys



posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hey afterall man was created in Gods image!




[edit on 8-11-2006 by IAF101]



posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Hey afterall man was created in Gods image!




[edit on 8-11-2006 by IAF101]


:shk: Our spirits were created in God's image, not necessarily our physical embodiment.



posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   


If God's mind is not faster than light speed, how could He control the speed of light?


I think you missing the main point here.

IF the God you speak of exists, then God would be outside of spacetime. If there is no space then God does not need to move. The true form of God is not that of a human possessing a brain with electrical signals firing between tiny distances.



posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76



If God's mind is not faster than light speed, how could He control the speed of light?


I think you missing the main point here.

IF the God you speak of exists, then God would be outside of spacetime. If there is no space then God does not need to move. The true form of God is not that of a human possessing a brain with electrical signals firing between tiny distances.



Are you saying that God created a constantly changing Universe without moving? God is alive and constantly moves; God provides the spark for a constantly moving Universe.

God has a Spiritual Mind, not a physical brain. The Spiritual part of the Human mind, compared with other earth-life minds, is what most closely resembles God's Mind.



posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
what nonesense is this?


Thank 'God' someone said something. These threads are absolutely rediculous, and deserve no real response. They are made by people who don't truly understand the underlying concepts of which they are speaking. To even dignify the question with more than a scoff is doing the OP a huge favor.



posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Rasobasi420, who do think is King of the Universe? George Walker Bush? Vladimir Putin?

One day you will believe that GOD is the King of the Universe!!!



posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
:bnghd::bnghd:



posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Originally posted by IAF101
what nonesense is this?


Thank 'God' someone said something. These threads are absolutely rediculous, and deserve no real response. They are made by people who don't truly understand the underlying concepts of which they are speaking. To even dignify the question with more than a scoff is doing the OP a huge favor.



Originally posted by Rasobasi420
:bnghd::bnghd:



HAHA, I tend to agree with you that we don't give him enough credit and that we are incapable of even comprehending God, but to scoff at the mere attempt of understanding would be ridiculous. To try to know god is to move closer to him.



posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
What I mean is that too often we have posts like, "Is George Bush the Most Powerful Being in the Universe?" or "God is Always faster than Lightning" or "Are all prisoners Satan Worshippers". Honestly, I don't see them contributing anything to the board, but that's just my opinion.

If any actual thought were put into the question, it would never have been posted to begin with. I would recomend to GreatTech

1. Attempt to understand the nature of "the cosmic speedlimit"
2. Attempt to learn how the human mind works.
3. Attempt to understand the nature of God. (all faith based, so you can put anything here, like laser eyes, or adamantium claws)
4. Understand whether it's reasonable to combine all of thee above into one topic, and have it taken seriously.



posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Does God only think in the Supernatural? Or does He also think in time only, space only, or space-time? Part of His creation frequently thinks in space-time so God does not exclusively think in Supernatural terms. What other dimensional terms does God think in? What other dimensional terms do humans think in?



posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
What I mean is that too often we have posts like, "Is George Bush the Most Powerful Being in the Universe?" or "God is Always faster than Lightning" or "Are all prisoners Satan Worshippers". Honestly, I don't see them contributing anything to the board, but that's just my opinion.

If any actual thought were put into the question, it would never have been posted to begin with. I would recomend to GreatTech

1. Attempt to understand the nature of "the cosmic speedlimit"
2. Attempt to learn how the human mind works.
3. Attempt to understand the nature of God. (all faith based, so you can put anything here, like laser eyes, or adamantium claws)
4. Understand whether it's reasonable to combine all of thee above into one topic, and have it taken seriously.


I am sorry that my posts are not of Nobel Prize or Ph.D. quality. I am not that bright, but I am highly Spiritual.

Try to learn from everybody. If you cannot learn from them, learn about them. If you only learn about them, remember the Golden Rule.

God Bless!!!




top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join