It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice President Walter Mondale conceded the election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Wednesday morning, the outcome of a tight race in Minnestota became clear when Democratic candidate and former Vice President Walter Mondale conceded the election to GOP opponent Norm Coleman.

In his concession speech, Mondale said he had called the former St. Paul mayor and "wished him the best." Mondale said he told Coleman "what I really believe -- that the U.S. Senate is the best job in America and I think he will love it."
www.cnn.com...

Looks like the people of MN saw right through that sham of a memorial.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 01:16 PM
link   
yeah - I think that rally was a mistake. I am glad people in MN took that into consideration when they cast their ballots - at least it appears as though they did.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 04:15 AM
link   
As I said elsewhere, nice to see Fritz keeping his track record.
I didn't hear his concessionary speech but in print it came across as a bad Oscar speech "the warmth of the people blah...yawn)

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a lot more here than the silly and vulgar rally -issue of Wellstone's death still buried in the mainstream as is the odd funding for third parties and the general insanity of Minnesota's same-day registration rules (also voters turned away because it was too late)

Expect many grapes of the sour variety and noise about Wellstone.
And a little rumpus if Jessie's mate Barklay decides to hang on until December.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Was this guy playing the "How much rhetoric can I possibly spit out in one speech" game?

Not that the democrats are any better, but that's two party politics for ya... dumb or dumber.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Fools still takling about a memorial? Funeral = somber. Memorial = whatever your surviving family wants it to be. Jeez, the new rallying cry for the Clinton-finger-sniffing bunch!
Please, like that memorial had anything to do with it. It ( the outrage) was simply a Republican counter to offset any positive vibe from it. Ventura chimed in because there was a candidate from his party in the hunt too. On almost every subject, there wasn't a spit of diffrence between any candidate in MN. Their local concerns & how they would be served is equal among any of the candidates.
The real shock will come to the National GOP when they realize that they don't have another Trent Lott drone on their hands, but someone who'll vote his heart for what's best for MN.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I watched the Memorial,it was a sham.

Then I saw part of the Memorial for the people that died in the earthquake in Italy.You tell me,which was a real memorial.You should already now the answer.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 07:53 PM
link   
B-T, as we all have enough experience and sense to know the difference between a rally and a memorial service, your continued insistence that the rally was a proper memorial is both intellectually dishonest, and is also an insult.
Your credibility is slipping. You are smart and could argue a good liberal point if you'll quit trying to defend the stupid mistakes of your party and argue whatever progressive issues they have.

I have confidence in you.

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Thomas, your attempts to condescend are always a great source of amusement, as is, your benediction to my intelligence, thank you, I was waiting for you acknowledgement to consider myself thus. It becomes even more of a giggle fest when the rest of the elves, nyeff - Bob, chime in with their 'righteous outrage in a can' purchased from the Limbaugh store. I don't think you folks EVER veer from being intellectually dishonest. Case in point, the real memorial service was held for family, friends, dignitaries from government - which Bush showed no class in not attending. How can you deduce, if you're intellectually honest to yourself, that they intended to have a somber memorial in a 20,000 seat arena!?! Please.
Given the true issues, why do you obsess with something that was FOR his people BY his people? You do know that many a culture sends folks out with a bang, don't you? Party, song, drink - a celebration of life.
I did not know Wellstone till this year, but evidently, he was that type of guy.
The true issue is why, at a supposed time of War/Nuclear threat/Recession/Mass unemployment - did your Ronald Reagan-lite spend $16 Million of OUR money and 90 days on the campaign trail? Think about FDR being gone for three months. Do you know how many trips he made to Florida alone? Or how much largesse Florida received in federal money to insure his brothers next term?
I know by nature that Right Wingers are petty, but open your eyes boys, we are in the here and now and that money won't come back.
Memorial Rally, there, you can unclench your sphincters now!

new topics

top topics

join