It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Op/Ed: VOTE.....VOTE......VOTE!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
im sorry, but i just have to ask......if youre so confident that he rigged the 2004 vote, then why in the hell couldnt he do it for himself?

Because after the election in 2004 where he restricted voting machines in heavy democratic districts, these problems were fixed. He had several tricks up his sleeve, but couldn't get away with it twice.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I voted! And I wasn't deceased this time. It felt great!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cocofat
I voted! And I wasn't deceased this time. It felt great!

Where you expecting to get shot for voting?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Virginia 99% reporting

D 50%
R 49%

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
and to wombat: you can certainly choose to exercize your right not to vote. as far as i'm concerned, however, by intentionally refusing to vote you have negated your right to an opinion on any matter involving the united states government or it's decisions. dont let me see you stating a political opinion anywhere on this site, as i will call you on it.

if you dont vote, then dont you dare try to tell me how things should be in this country!

As I stated in my post, "I contend that the right to an opinion of those who govern us should not be contingent upon having voted for them or their opponents." In my opinion, this is akin to saying, "If one does not choose red or blue, one invalidates their right to disagree with or express concerns about all other color selections."

That said, I profoundly respect your opinion, and how you have arrived at it. You are free to "call me" on any political position I may take on issues in the future if you desire to do so, however, I ask that you reconsider, and that you do not seek to invalidate my views simply because I have made what I feel is the choice my conscience will allow me to live with (which is all any of us can do.) I ask that you try to find it within yourself to respect my opinions as much as I respect your own, whether you agree with them or not. You are, of course, free to choose not to. That would be regrettable, however, in my opinion. You will garner no enmity or disrespect from me for your views, regardless; that I can promise you.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BluByWho
Virginia 99% reporting

D 50%
R 49%

Virginia is the new Florida, it's like a less than 2,000 vote difference for Senate.

Virginia is for Lovers Lawyers.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by BluByWho
Virginia 99% reporting

D 50%
R 49%

Virginia is the new Florida, it's like a less than 2,000 vote difference for Senate.

Virginia is for Lovers Lawyers.

I am in Virginia and as of 7:30 am NPR was saying that about 8,000 votes separate them with Webb in the lead and claiming victory and Allen refusing to concede. All told the difference between them is 1/8th of 1 percent. The current tally is below. Haven't heard how Montana is doing.

Webb , Jim Dem 1,170,564 49.61
Allen , George GOP 1,162,717 49.28

[edit on 8-11-2006 by grover]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join