It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Op/Ed: VOTE.....VOTE......VOTE!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I VOTED!!!

JN by the way, there were more than just the two big parties, there are the others, like Green, Libertarian and US Law to choose from.

So any way, after running around to two polling locations, I was finally sent to a thrid were they had me registered. Odd, as I voted at the first place I went last time, and they sent me to the wrong place. The second place, called some one, and gave me my actual location to vote, which was third in my running around.

Well, I was #439 to vote in my district, yeah now I can mitch and boan like the rest of the good voters, and have a ligitimate reason to do so.

Now get out and VOTE you slackers!

[edit on 7-11-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
the wife and i just finished voting.....glad to do my civic duty.

and to wombat: you can certainly choose to exercize your right not to vote. as far as i'm concerned, however, by intentionally refusing to vote you have negated your right to an opinion on any matter involving the united states government or it's decisions. dont let me see you stating a political opinion anywhere on this site, as i will call you on it.

if you dont vote, then dont you dare try to tell me how things should be in this country!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
How to steal an election in 1 minute

www.youtube.com...

Sorry to say but unless there's a violent revolution before the night is over George will have stolen his third consecutive election. The third time is a charm as they say.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
and to wombat: you can certainly choose to exercize your right not to vote. as far as i'm concerned, however, by intentionally refusing to vote you have negated your right to an opinion on any matter involving the united states government or it's decisions. dont let me see you stating a political opinion anywhere on this site, as i will call you on it.

if you dont vote, then dont you dare try to tell me how things should be in this country!

I say, call me on what you will. That is your right.

However, the only call that I will answer to is logic and reason. Beyond that, you are merely stating your opinion. (That, too, is your, right, my right, *our* right.)

By choosing to not vote, I do not think that Wombat or I have given up our rights of opinions, of demanding change in this country. I consider my choice a protest to the system _in its entirety_, and I *will* continue to protest. The government is supposed to *represent* ALL of its citizens.. and I do not think that it is doing so.

I sincerely, truly, and honestly hope that one day the system will work the way it's supposed to. However, I do not see that change for the better of *everyone* happening within the government, and I will not support a system that consciously chooses not work towards the good of humanity.

You guys hafta remember that being an American includes two choices -- the right to participate/agree, and the right to protest/disagree. It's a two-way road, and both ways are legitimate.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by Diseria]

[edit on 7-11-2006 by Diseria]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kriegott

Sorry to say but unless there's a violent revolution before the night is over George will have stolen his third consecutive election. The third time is a charm as they say.

are you going to come back and admit being wrong when the democrats take one or both houses?

Originally posted by Diseria

You guys hafta remember that being an American includes two choices -- the right to participate/agree, and the right to protest/disagree. It's a two-way road, and both ways are legitimate.

you are absolutely correct.....and i did not say that you dont have the right to protest by not voting. i clearly stated that, as far as i am concerned (that's me personally), your opinion means exactly squat. when you choose not to express said opinion in the voting booth, a right that hundreds of thousands of americans have died to give you, then in my personal opinion you do not have the right to tell me how the country should be run.

if youre going to protest on election day by keeping your mouth shut, then you should keep it shut all year round.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by snafu7700]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I agree, everyone go vote. I cant yet because Im less then a year too young, but if I were able to exercise that right, I would be and I hope you are too.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Grim,

If they counted maturity, responsibility and general knowledge, YOU would vote WAY before many...

Also, if it was up to me, you would vote.

Semper

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Grim,

If they counted maturity, responsibility and general knowledge, YOU would vote WAY before many...

Also, if it was up to me, you would vote.

Semper

unfortunately it isnt, and Im actually kind of glad kids under 18 cant vote, because I know a majority of them arent informed on anything going around them, and usually just vote on what their parents tell them to. I actually know a couple 18 year olds from a couple my classes that are doing that today.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormrider
Actually, john, your comments on the number of options voters have is not entirely correct. In most states voters have a choice between as many as five or six different candidates from the same number of different parties. The reason why so few people show up at the polls is because most of them don't care enough about the issues or the priveledge of voting, until things start going in the wrong direction, and then they are more that willing to complain about it.

I know there are many more parties, my point was that none have a hope in hell of ever being voted into power hence "in all honesty". Why choose either side of the same coin if the coin burns your hand? That's how most people see it.

Plus, after the last two voting rigs no wonder people don't see the point anymore.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I voted too!

It wasn't hard, I just had to move the big lever to the left, twist all the knobs under the Republican Party, and then pull the lever back. No nasty ballot initiatives I had to read which is a very good thing.

Hopefully my vote will count...

[edit on 11/7/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Hopefully my vote will count...

it will count just as much as the dead people that voted in 2004, so dont worry. hahaha.

seriously though, you at least did alil research on the candidates of the republican party right? I mean as long as you researched them and put the time into researching alternatives, I have no problem with you voting all republican.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
seriously though, you at least did alil research on the candidates of the republican party right? I mean as long as you researched them and put the time into researching alternatives, I have no problem with you voting all republican.

All the ones that actually had a chance of winning, and even some that didn't. A vote for the Republican senatorial spot was probably more a vote against Hillary, but the guy did beat her in all the debates.

I also know Jeanine Pirro from her appearences on TV, I think she'd be a great Attorney General.

The vote for Republican Governor though was simply a vote against Spitzer, I think he's horrible the way he goes after business....he's likely to drive big business HQs out of NYC

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

All the ones that actually had a chance of winning, and even some that didn't. A vote for the Republican senatorial spot was probably more a vote against Hillary, but the guy did beat her in all the debates.

I also know Jeanine Pirro from her appearences on TV, I think she'd be a great Attorney General.

The vote for Republican Governor though was simply a vote against Spitzer, I think he's horrible the way he goes after business....he's likely to drive big business HQs out of NYC

I meant like third parties and independents.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

There wasn't any of them I found attractive this time. Last year I voted for the Libertarian running for Mayor of New York City rather than the Republican though, since he banned smoking even in bars, which totally pissed me off!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I can't wait till I hear all the complaints from dems/libs when/if they do not gain the house and senate.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Grover, that was a wonderful and inspiring post. I'm giving you WATS award. You hit the nail on the head when it comes to the bottom line: that most of us, no matter what political stripe or walk of life, are fed up with the way things are right now. We all believe in our beloved country and the values that it/we stand for. We may not always agree on how best that should be done, but in the end, that's what is important, that we are all wanting our families to be provided for, that we cherish our democracry and heritage and that we all love our country.

Grover your post brought tears to my eyes, I am so afraid for my country right now. I voted last week, we had early voting in my town.To the person that said if we don't vote, we shouldn't have a right to complain - I agree wholeheartedly. My dad used to say that, too.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Glad to see the Americans out and voting. I ran accross a couple of things I thought were interesting.

How They Stole The Mid-Term Election

and ofcourse this cartoon that I thought was priceless.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

There wasn't any of them I found attractive this time. Last year I voted for the Libertarian running for Mayor of New York City rather than the Republican though, since he banned smoking even in bars, which totally pissed me off!

Im simply asking if you did the research on them. If you did and didnt find any of them more appealing then republicans, then by all means Im glad you voted republican. If you believe republicans more then any other candidate runing, fine.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
FUNNY.

Grimreaper talking about dead people voting. Very appropriate!
ATS is cool..

I voted. electronically. There is a printed record, but you don't get to keep it, it just scrolls past andinto a takup roll..

And....I voted for a Green party candidate..yep..a proponent of alternative energy.

The other races, I mostly went down my party line.
and I answered all of the ballot questions..All of which I researched first.

There was ONE problem.

The polling place I have used for years, which was still listed as my polling place, had changed to another location. I had to go to the county website, where they STILL listed the wrong one..But also had a correction on the page, leading me to the correct
polling site..It took an hour extra..But I made it!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Im simply asking if you did the research on them. If you did and didnt find any of them more appealing then republicans, then by all means Im glad you voted republican. If you believe republicans more then any other candidate runing, fine.

My general policy is to vote Republican. If for some reason the Republican candidate is unacceptable to me, I vote Libertarian or Conservative, etc. I never, ever, never vote Democratic.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join