It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are you voting for?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Don't know if this was discussed, but I thought I just put it up just in case since tomorrow is the election.

So I thought I ask all the members here eligible for voting.

So the question is who are you voting for in what state and why...

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Right now to tell you the truth I find no worthy candidates to vote for.

I see what happen tomorrow and If I feel like getting up under a forecast of rain and go vote for something.

I probably just sit at home and do nothing.

Why?

Because our political system is broken and it doesn't matter anymore.

We are run by two party elite and that is all we got.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Not me.

I'm not ever playing again. Its ridiculous to do something for your country only to find out that it was futzed with.

Maybe much later in life, if we're still around.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   

posted by dgtempe

Its ridiculous to do something for your country only to find out it was futzed with. Maybe much later in life, if we're still around.

At the local, city or town level, how are the leaders chosen? At the intermediate level, like provinces, how are those leaders chosen? Back to the cities and towns as well as provinces, how are the legislators - as in Congress and Parliament - chosen.

What about local judges. Are then any special requirements to be a judge? Does Cuba use the Inquisitorial system - judges only - or the English jury trial system?

Thanks for the update.

[edit on 11/6/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Not being locked into a rigid ideology, I very well could split my vote in some of my local and state races. I know one thing, I will probably vote for any woman that is running against a man. Maybe it's just a personal trust issue.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   

posted by whaaa

I know one thing, I will probably vote for any woman that is running against a man. Maybe it's just a personal trust issue.

Good idea. There were 2 judge races on my ballot. 2 men in one race, 2 women in the other. I voted for the man who gave his home address, versus the man who gave only his office address. I voted for the woman who was NOT a former prosecutor.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I love early voting, so I already voted - when I got home this evening there were 11 messages on my machine, all but one were recordings about the election "tomorrow"... ugh... not that I'd listen to them anyway though.

As for the people I voted for that those in a wide audience (i.e. don't live in Florida, so don't know/care)may know or have heard of, I voted Charlie Crist for FL governor, because I really like him on many levels, and he has had a very respectable career (was FL atty gen, and edu comm.) I believe he did an especially wonderful job as our atty gen. I'm sad to see John Ellis Bush (JEB) forced out of a job, because I agree with him on almost all the issues, and feel he's done quite a remarkable job as our governor - and he's had much to deal with.

The only other person I think anyone would even know of outside of FL that I voted for is Katherine Harris (R) (FL sec state during the 2000 "situation") but for that one I was fairly hesistant and it was mostly a vote against incumbent Bill Nelson. Of course I also voted for Clay Shaw (my rep), and while he is well known down here, I don't know if others know or care about him - I've met and spoken with him several times personally, and while I think it may be inappropriate that a man who has never served in the military is on the House Armed Services Committee, I am a fan of his and can agree with most of his votes.

edit: yikes, that was Charlie Crist, not "Christ" - and not supposed to be a joke, or Freudian slip, because he hasn't campaigned using religion... ouch

[edit on 6-11-2006 by AlphaHumana]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Right now to tell you the truth I find no worthy candidates to vote for.

I see what happen tomorrow and If I feel like getting up under a forecast of rain and go vote for something.

I probably just sit at home and do nothing.

Well no offense, but if your too lazy too vote, dont complain later! That is also the saddest excuse for not voting I have ever heard.
No wonder the Dems loose...their supporters are afraid they would melt in the rain or cool weather,

Well I am in Indiana....

I wont disclose my exact votes, but mine is a mixed bag.

several GOP candidates and some Dem candidates.

I never vote a straight party ticket.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
People arent being lazy by not voting. First of all, its a choice. Second of all, its going to be a total sham.

Who wants to play?

Don:www.ojp.usdoj.gov...

[edit on 6-11-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Well no offense, but if your too lazy too vote, dont complain later!

You miss the entire point of my argument.

You truly believe that voting in our nation is the will of the people. Right?

You don't even think for a moment that one party is not different from the other one.

Our political system is corrupted, broken and run by a two party elite that both served the same master.

It doesn't matter what happen on elections things are going to stay the same

We need changes and neither the elite parties in powers are going to bring any.

I am boycotting elections.
because even the voting machines are joke to democracy.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well I voted a week ago, my state (Washingotn) is doing mail-in-balots
only for the congressional elections this year.

I don't remember who I voted for by name, but all my votes for the
house went to the Democrats, not because I blindly vote for the
Democratic party, but because they were the ones I liked after doing
research.

I voted Bruce Guthrie for senate, he's a Libertarian.

You know I'm getting confused as to what psoition the people I was
voting for were taking, but yeah.

[edit on 11/6/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
There are plenty of local candidates who need support.

Politics are local. and I have studied my local folks pretty well.
City Coucil, mayor

As well as multiple ballot questions.
Leagalization of Marijuana, No tobacco in public places.

I will be voting.

There is no excuse for not voting., well, maybe a few, but they better be really really good ones.

Marg, I encourage you to at least vote your local races. It's really important.
For the Bigger races, just write in " DGTempe"

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
As well as multiple ballot questions.
Leagalization of Marijuana, No tobacco in public places.

The only worthy thing going on the ballot here in GA is of the inmigration issue and the eminent domain.

Beside that this is a Republican state and will stay Republican no matter what I vote.

Perhaps I should just go for those two issues.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I am not voting tomorrow because I feel that my vote does not count. I am not the only one around my area who thinks like that. Who knows what Diebold has done to the election system now. I say we do away with the electronic voting b.s. and go back to the old fashioned paper ballots.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   

posted by gimmefootball400

I am not voting tomorrow because I feel that my vote does not count. I am not the only one around my area who thinks like that. Who knows what Diebold has done to the election system now. I say we do away with the electronic voting b.s. and go back to the old fashioned paper ballots.

I expect voter turn-out around the country will be about 40% of those eligible to vote. Not good in what we claim is the worlds greatest democracy. Which we want to export to Iraq, the Middle East, and even to Nicaragua which is like Hamas, not voting the way we tell them to vote, thus engendering our wrath! Geez, maybe Fidel is right?

Los Angeles County expects 5 million voters today. Can you imagine the logistics related to taking 5 million of anything, out to 10,000 different sites, then collecting the paper back, take it to 4 or 5 counting sites, and then sit down and "count" the votes? Suppose there are a total of 20 issues and candidates on the ballot. Five million pieces of paper with 100 million marks to read and record. How long do you think that will take?

Suppose 1 person can count 20 ballots per hour. 5,000 people can count 800,000 ballots per 8 hour shift. If you hire 15,000 people to work around the clock, you can count upwards of 5 million ballots in 8 to 10 days. If you pay the vote counters $150 a shift, that comes to $22,500,000 to count the ballots. Heaven forbid should a recount be ordered. We need a better way.

[edit on 11/7/2006 by donwhite]

new topics

top topics

join