It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore Vidal says Bush would have been hanged by the founding fathers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
www.laweekly.com...

Here's a good discussion starter for the pit...

It's lucky for George W. Bush that he wasn�t born in an earlier time and somehow stumbled into America�s Constitutional Convention. A man with his views, so depreciative of democratic rule, would have certainly been quickly exiled from the freshly liberated United States by the gaggle of incensed Founders. So muses one of our most controversial social critics and prolific writers, Gore Vidal.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Incredible article.

Gore Vidal hits the nail right on the head with his criticism of Bush and the Patriot Act.

Great read.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The Patriot Act, a lesson in how something can be named the exact opposite of what it really is and how to not judge a book by it's cover.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Unbelievable. To thin kthat anyone would actually take Gore V. seriously. The fact that he tries to sound as if he has a serious, unbiased notion of the forefathers' intentions and how they'd react to Bush is nauseating. I am quite sure G.V. would have fear of the same noose were he born in an earlier time with Shrub.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
You know I think that I agree, but then again. It is not only limited to this administration. It is just that with this administration the elements which have corrupted our system, (the Israeli's), have more of an opportunity to change our system for their use. Even though, G W's perspective of the democratic federation in comparison to the original one is in no way close by any means. And in that day with his police state mind, he most likely would have been made to shut up or leave. Then we have the question, which is not asked. Where are the original documents and records of the Bush Family. If you can try and find any of the original school, police, or any of the others. Why, do I bring this up? Because, one of his fathers last acts in office was to consoladate all the records so that only classified personell would have access. So, if you find an original school or higher education report card, police record, or anything else which would carbon date prior to 1994 it would only be one which was kept in the family safe.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I also disagree with Vidal.

Bush would have been done in with a split socket bayonet.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think Vidal is one of the best historians out there. People would do well to listen to him. I've read several of his literary essays---but not his stories. The only thing I'm concerned about is...does this hurt Bush?

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
What will happen when Bush wins (I hate to even type this) re-election, by using the electronic voting machines which we all know are gonna be fixed?

Will this set the stage for an even greater fiasco reminiscent of the last election?

Will the Democrats be ready to take a stand this time around? Expose the fraud? Seek justice?

Maybe even put the real winner in the Whitehouse?

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
GORE VIDAL?!?!?!? You've GOT to be kidding me! That's like trying to pawn G. Gordon Liddy off as a "Non Biased" commentator on the Liberals!

PUHLEASE! Let's ALL check back into HOTEL REALITY...

Man Oh Man!

PEACE...
m...

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
how would clinton or gore fare in the same situation?

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have to agree with him that eletronic voting is scary, and that the government is geared more toward the rich elite than toward the average american citizen. I think both sides attempt to use our petty biases to win votes. He refers to the demonizing that takes place, it's like with the GOP using emotional issues like abortion and God to sway voters when the reality is they can't do anything about either of these issues. They run on them knowing the ideas are unconstitutional--but since these are the only differences between them and their liberal counterparts they hype it like they are really going to take action. Then the dems play along so they can get the anti vote...it's sad that people really buy these games.

When it comes down to things they can change they don't do it because they'll piss off big business--I'm speaking of both sides because neither could give a damn about anything other than winning and the money it takes to do it.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
What will happen when Bush wins (I hate to even type this) re-election, by using the electronic voting machines which we all know are gonna be fixed?

Will this set the stage for an even greater fiasco reminiscent of the last election?

An American Civil War II...................

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Colonel,
This is what you want though, The American Civil War 2. I really don't believe this would happen. What proof do you have that there will be ACW2 if Bush is re-elected?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Excuse me, Saph, what are you saying is unconstitutional? Abortion? I agree, but abortion became "legal" because of judicial activism. Wh oare the judicial activists? The liberals. Why? Because the Amercian people are not, by and large, murderers, and are not for that. Since the liberals cannot get their socially destructive agendas through using the legislative means, they have hijacked the judicial system and are legislating from the bench. Why do you think the dems are acting like blithering idiots over judge nominees? Two reasons, the first being that they push judicial activists, and they think that the conservatives will this time. The other reason is, if they block appointments long enough, maybe they will be in control and will be able to place more activists in.

Roe v Wade could be overturned by a decent court, once the activists are out and proper, constitutional-minded people are in.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Basically, it's never going to happen. If you are basing your vote on this issue you are seriously wasting your time. Just like any liberal basing their vote on gun control...not gunna happen. The balance in this country keeps all these extreme views at bay, and I wouldn't have it any other way. These are crowd pleasers. How long have conservatives been running to end abortion? How long have liberals been running against guns? These issues are smoke and mirrors. Neither party has enough control to push these agendas through, but they give them enough support to get elected.

As for the constitutionality of Roe--the ninth amendment was written specifically for areas like these--the right to privacy, the right to protection from government regulations on your personal choices. You may not agree, but its none of your business anyway. Your morals are your morals and you don't have the right to force them off on other people by using the power of government.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Colonel,
This is what you want though, The American Civil War 2. I really don't believe this would happen. What proof do you have that there will be ACW2 if Bush is re-elected?

Type in John Titor in a search engine. It doesn't necessarily pertain to Bush, but it's an interesting read if anything else.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I dont think bush would be hanged by the founding fathers cuz he would of been on his knees pleasing them anyway he could so he could gain power to achieve monetary gain along with all the other politcal whores.

top topics

join