It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God dead?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterJedi
[Worries about how this thread is dwindling]

I am asking Half_minded, a legitimate question. He claims that there was a "disturbance" that created the universe,I'd like for him to explain to me what he proposes created the "disturbance" if not God. Did the universe do it? Or did some other force do it? It has to be one or the other. If the universe did it, then the universe is either sentient or has a sentient overseer.

He is the one that said that he does blah,blah, without God. I am just wondering if he is willing to place sentience upon the universe in order to just make his case that there is no God.... If he is... I have some more sundry questions to ask him.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Half_minded,you are either a child,or you can impersonate one very well. I am not sure which it is?

[edit on 8-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

You are the one who belives in Santa and God and you calling me a child? HAHAHAHAHHAAHA :bash:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

[Worries about how this thread is dwindling]

I am asking Half_minded, a legitimate question. He claims that there was a "disturbance" that created the universe,I'd like for him to explain to me what he proposes created the "disturbance" if not God. Did the universe do it? Or did some other force do it? It has to be one or the other. If the universe did it, then the universe is either sentient or has a sentient overseer.

He is the one that said that he does blah,blah, without God. I am just wondering if he is willing to place sentience upon the universe in order to just make his case that there is no God.... If he is... I have some more sundry questions to ask him.

HAHAHAHHA. God. Sure. God made the universe. Have u seen how a big huge tree grows out of a seed? All it needs is water and sunlight and it grows into a huge tree.
Why would the universe need God to be created. The right ingredients at the right time would do the job. I dont see God's role in anyone's life. If God existed, we would all be in heaven right now. He would just end all life and put everyone in heaven since he is the most generous, most kind, etc.

Even a simple man like me if given the power would create heaven and put myself and every other living being in heaven. I would not bother creating earth or any of that suffering BS. But your so called God, is out to test us and put all non believers in hell. ya rite. so much for the most gracious, most merciful God.

Religion is the most stupid argument people get in. Its simple. No God.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
How did these "right ingredients" come? Did the universe itself manufacture them? If so, what caused the universe to manufacture them? If the universe manufactured them, how do you propose everything came out just right?

God, is out to test us and put all non believers in hell. ya rite.

Where have I ever implied that in any of my posts? I suggest you read some of my posts before you start attributing things to my God. You may be talking about some of these posters here who worship a god that I don't recognize, but you are not talking about the God that I have come to know and love.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Where have I ever implied that in any of my posts? I suggest you read some of my posts before you start attributing things to my God. You may be talking about some of these posters here who worship a god that I don't recognize, but you are not talking about the God that I have come to know and love.

Dude chill out. You can worship your God all you want. I just dont believe there is a thing called God.

We will argue on this more when we both are dead. If I die first, I promise to come back and assure you that there is no God or whatever the case.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
If your God is dead,
Try one of Mine.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by half_minded

Dude chill out. You can worship your God all you want. I just dont believe there is a thing called God.

hall_minded, try meditation and ask for the divine to show you love. This is not about religion, this is about something much greater. Can you not feel the veil between other-world and earth thinning? Try looking into string theory if you have bought into the only scientific way of seeing the universe. I for one am an intuitive and can read the energy flow, and know when a synchronicity is more than mere coincedence.

You, I am sure are young (nothing wrong with that, I wish I was sometimes)because you have not been around long enough to understand the seperation between God and religion. God is the source of all that is, you are God and I am God, we are just experiencing living as a human. You must drop the human ego and look within. Even Albert Einstien believed in God. Why dont you?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
[edit on 12-11-2006 by MasterJedi]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
No, not by a long shot! Many people still believe in God, or there would be no churches.

Also, I believe God is the mystery force that makes things live and grow.

Is ALL life extinct? NOT BY A LONG SHOT!

As for thoes who don't believe: Something or someone doesn't cese to exist becuae you stop believeing in it. Even if you got out of bed tommarrow in said: Gravity is a Lie, I know there is no such thing!

You would not float off of the planet, would you?

Tim

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Have we lost faith in America? I mean I know that we claim to be a mostly Christian society, but these same people go home and watch TV series which promote gay lifestyles, bigotry and have anti-christian themes.

I know its a touchy subject for the so-called believers in this country, but thought it might cause a little insight on their part...

So what do you think...Is God dead...and if so, are we better off?

Have you ever thought that God is not dead but that the Chrisitan religion is wrong?? Though Jesus existed and the Bible is true, God is very much alive. Or we would be dead. Because God controls a souls overlord and souls overlord controlls your soul so that equals your souls not existing and you are dead.

Christiantity is pure mind control. I am sorry. They think that there is only one reality and God is only in this reality so they draw false conclusions about God being dead just because It is not helping them. Wow.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human Defense
Have you ever thought that God is not dead but that the Chrisitan religion is wrong??

Being Native American, I've wondered about that many times.

Tim

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join