It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 People From History That The World Could Do Without

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Inspired by Zhenyghi's thread regarding those currently living who would serve the World more by not having existed, I hereby start this thread. It asks, name five people from history who you think the World would be better off without.

Feel free to include your reasoning

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Here is my list

1. Amschel Mayer Rothschild
2. Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (Lenin)
3. Woodrow Wilson
4. Adolf Hitler
5. John D. Rockefeller

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
1) Adoph Hitler
2) Josef Stalin
3) Mao Tse-Tsung
4) Nero
5) Mohammed

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
5) Mohammed

Interesting, I was toying with the idea of Abraham, since it would rid the World of Judaism, Christianity and Islam in one fell swoop. Which, IMHO, would leave the World infintely better off than just wiping away Islam.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Evil has to exist to bring out the good. So Hitler, Stalin, Judas, Nero, Benedict Arnold, and other evil people get a pass on this one.

Here is my list.

1. Mohammed - How people can follow the Satanic writings of this child molestor is beyond me? (He did marry a 6 year, along with 17 other women.)
2. Jimmy Carter - Worst US President ever
3. Barry Bonds - His jealousy of McGwire and Sosa led to his alleged steroid use.
4. Dirty Sheehan - turned from a grieving mother, into a raving anti-American lunatic.
5. Gobachev - Reagan destroyed this idiot, yet people still want to credit him with "helping" to end the Cold War.

These are my picks! Fire Away!

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
jesus
moses
mohammed
abraham
hitler and stalin (i couldn't make it just 5)

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
5. Stalin. Perhaps the greatest mass murderer the world has ever seen.

4. Mao. Perhaps the greatest mass murderer the world has ever seen.

3. Neville Chamberlain. His appeasment of evil knows no equal. No one really knows how many died do they?

2. The Mongols. The ME still hasn't recovered from that trauma of a thousand years ago.

1. The Conquistadors. Set the stage for what followed in the Americas.

I could have come up with others who would have fit just as well, but these were the ones who stood out to me.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
i'm going to redo my list

abraham (putting jesus moses and mohammed would be redundant)
stalin
hitler
mao
pol pot

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Sound reasoning

I see it the same way:

Originally posted by subz
Interesting, I was toying with the idea of Abraham, since it would rid the World of Judaism, Christianity and Islam in one fell swoop. Which, IMHO, would leave the World infintely better off than just wiping away Islam.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
i don't know there is a lot of talk about Hitler, but as a student of history i believe ww2 was going to occur and if the third Reich had a competent leader that stuck to the schedule ( ww2 was not supposed to start until the navy had it's battle groups and the air force had it's large 4 engine bombers ) if this occurred ww2 would have started in 1945 or so and without Adolf's obsession with the "Jewish problem" a lot of the scientists that built our atomic bomb would have worked for Germany. so yes he was a crazy a**hole but what if Rommel had be in charge?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I don't think they should be erased from history. If you look at it from an good/evil point of view, they were the greatest teachers of evil the world of history has ever recorded..

There was a reason why they exist, how else would we know what is good in humanity?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Ok, you holier-than-thou anti-Christian/anti-abrahamites, would you rather have a world of Communist dictatorships or maybe Nero-like dictatorships? 'Cuz that's the alternative.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Ok, you holier-than-thou anti-Christian/anti-abrahamites, would you rather have a world of Communist dictatorships or maybe Nero-like dictatorships? 'Cuz that's the alternative.

Says who? Does Christianity come with clairvoyance skills or something?

Communists are reactionaries to the old order which was founded in Christianity. So would it not stand to reason that if organised religion never came about they would have nothing to react against?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
1. Hitler - Obvious.
2. Stalin - Obvious also.
3. Antiochus IV Epiphanes - Conquerer and in my opinion, very Hitler-esque.

4&5 was a tough choice, one of the candidates for me being G.W. Bush. (I would put him at 6.) There have been evil dictators who have massacred so many more people, but how, where and why the did it, puts the Columbine shooters here in my opinion..

4. Eric Harris
5. Dylan Klebold

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I did more thinking on this, and also think Vlad the Impaler and Elizabeth Bathory would be great candidates for never existing. While Bathory was basically he-said-she-said about bathing in blood and several other strange occurances, Vlad was no doubt completely sadistic. Somewhat hard to pick out five people who you think should have never existed for the greater of the world. If we did somehow remove these people from history, (Literally, as in it never happened, rather than erasing) I believe some other pure evil would have manifested.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Here is my list

1. Amschel Mayer Rothschild
2. Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (Lenin)
3. Woodrow Wilson
4. Adolf Hitler
5. John D. Rockefeller

I would take your first and last, as well as Hitler. I also agree with the Abraham comment.

So mine would be:

1: Abraham
2: A Hitler
3: J D Rockefeller
4: A M Rothschild

As for five, well, let's throw Bush on there, just to irritate the conservative Americans here

5: G W Bush

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

At least we wouldn't have to put up with terrorist attacks, false primitive backward superstitious beliefs.
Also scientific progress would take a major leap forward.
Also who sais the world would be under a horrible dictator ship without religion... Pol Pot was a buddhist monk, Hitler was a Catholic, Hirohito was a god himself i could go on for ages...

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
So instead of God, we would all worship at the shrine of science? Using what as the focus, the latest Nobel Prize winner?

In its own way, science, or rather the pursuit of it, has led to just as many deaths as any so called religious cause. Stalin was an aetheist, so to was Mao, and how many millions did they cause to be killed.

Men cause death and destruction, not religion. Religion is only the excuse, not the cause.

Now to my revised five...

1) Mao/Stalin...I mean really, such kindred spirits should share the podium.

3) Ghengis Khan...Islam still has not recovered from the incredible carnage he wrought, and it goes far in explaining the Arab mind set.

4) Crusaders. Along with good ole Genghis, they are the focal point of Arab fear and/or hatred of outsiders.

and 5) Adolph Hitler. To many of us, those of us not obsessed with George Bush, anyway
, the 20th century poster boy for evil.

[edit on 11-5-2007 by seagull]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
In its own way, science, or rather the pursuit of it, has led to just as many deaths as any so called religious cause. Stalin was an aetheist, so to was Mao, and how many millions did they cause to be killed.

but they didn't kill people BECAUSE of their atheism. they killed people because of political reasons/insanity (well, at least in stalin's case, don't know about mao).

i'm going to revise my list

Abraham
4 other major religious figures (just not Buddha, he seems to be cool)

how is that the alternative? removing abraham changes the course of events for THOUSANDS of years. who knows what that would do to the world? if we removed major religious figures, and in the process religion, how would we have dictatorships? abrahamic religion has SPAWNED dictatorships. ITALY, GERMANY, every nation in the middle ages, all the dictatorships in the mid-east.

i'd rather have a world of logic and reason than a world of religion. i would have liked to see Michaelangelo paint the ceiling on a science museum.

[edit on 5/11/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Ok, this may be sort of difficult.

1. Joseph Stalin.
2. Mao Tse-tong.
3. Abraham.
4. The guy who invented money.
5. Ronald Reagan.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>