It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Stealth Demonstrators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I got the Idea for this thread when the Bird of Prey turned up in another thread where somenoe asked if it was a Real aircraft. For the beneifit of the ATS community, I am going to post pictures of all known Stealth deminstrators.

The first one was the Lockheed Have Blue:

Have Blue flew between December 1977, and June 1979. It tested facited stealth.

Next came Northrop's Tacit Blue:

Tacit Blue tested curved stealth and stealthy RADAR and radio communications.

The last Known stealth Test Plane was the Boeing Bird of Prey:

The BoP tested tailless stealth and the use of different Color schemes in reducing visual signature during the daytime.

Tim
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fixed spelling in title

[edit on 6/11/06 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Yupp, and is it just me or does the "Have Blue" look much like the F-117

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
Yupp, and is it just me or does the "Have Blue" look much like the F-117

Have Blue was the flying prototype that provided the information required to build the F-117a. It was flown at Area 51 and was the second step in the stealth bomber development after the RCS tests on a Hopeless Diamond model.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
It was flown at Area 51 and was the second step in the stealth bomber development after the RCS tests on a Hopeless Diamond model.

No offense, but I think you meant stealth Fighter. Although both aircraft are used to deliver bombs, the F-117 is called the Stealth Fighter. The term Stealth Bomber refers to the Northrop B-2 Spirit, which is the large Flying Wing.

Tim

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Yes gfad I know...

True that the F-117 is called a fighter even though it's more of an attack fighter. There are many reasons why it was called a "fighter". To confuse peoples to believe that the project was something else, and it was easier to get testpilots. At least according to wikipedia.

new topics

top topics

join