It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Every time there is an election we have the stories about how someone stole the election. Just think Bush in Florida or Ohio.

Now we have the new voting machines. There will be no paper trail, no hanging chads, dead people voting, or people who couldn't operate the machinery.

But, we have the possibility of hacking. That's right all you conspiracy theroists. We have introduced a great new unknown.

So, I'd love to hear your predictions before the election about what party is going to steel the election this time. What states become critical in terms of the takeover of the congress and/or senate.

Which party will be up to naughty business and how. After the election, it's just way too easy to paint a good conspiracy because everyone will know the outcome. So I'd like to hear the who what when where and how before it happens.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
well being a former hacker and friend of former hackers, I think it's actually pretty rare to find a hacker who is politically motivated enough to go through the trouble. it would take more than 1 person or at least more than 1 person's resources and ability. Most former hackers I know are all too disaffected by 'the system' to vote at all, and take no claim to being Democrats, or Republicans. They dislike both parties usually.

Except for the few sellout types that land an aweome security job somewhere and make lots of money, driving nice cars etc. They'd be inclined to hack, especially for money. # .. like I can imagine the GOP dropping off a voting machine all secret-like at the Hacker's company building, so the corporate Hacker can have his time with it and figure it out.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It would be great if people would hack to make win the third parties in a few states... It would kick ass and show how the system is corrupt and hackable...

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I like the concept. Suddenly the green party and the liberaterians sweep the elections.

Do you think that the Dems and Reps would notice?

What a thought.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The possibility of hacking doesnt seem too farfetched.

Originally posted by Vitchilo
It would be great if people would hack to make win the third parties in a few states... It would kick ass and show how the system is corrupt and hackable...

Yeah, but that doesnt mean that the third parties are going to win... there are too many congressmen voting for the democrats or the republicans that both sides are too lobsided compared to every other party... that's how it's going to end up.

top topics

join