It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the IRS more concerned with Wesley Snipes' Taxes than millions of illegal immigrants?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
www.thesmokinggun.com...

Everyone knows how the IRS pursued and defiled the image of Wesley Snipes due to some form of tax evasion. My question is why doesn't the IRS come after the MILLIONS of "undocumented" aka "illegal" workers that both pay and evade taxes in this country with the same fervor and tenacity that was employed against Snipes.

Is the IRS content as long as it gets some sort of kickback from somewhere?

How corrupt is the IRS?

The reason I mention this is because if you think about it they must know what is going on with illegal immigration in this country along with other issues such as drug trafficking, organized crime, etc?

I was watching MSNBC the other day a story about illegal immigrants that pay federal taxes because they feel that it is their way of giving back. I am sure that this is common practice amongst established illegals in the community and is the basis for my argument.

Does anyone wish too indulge me?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
IT does not take a lot of Agents to pursure Wesley Snipes, yet there are not enough Agents to go after every single Tax Evader in the country.

Manpower.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Nailing a big name to the wall will advance your career in the IRS a lot further and faster than grabbing a bunch of no-names.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The IRS is charged with the collection of Federal income taxes and the enforcement of the Federal Tax Code.

It is Not responsible for the enforcement of Federal immigration laws; that is the pervue of the Immigration and Naturalization Service. It is also not responsible for the enforcement of US crimminal laws, with the exception of those crimes pertaining to violation of the tax code. That falls under the jurisdiction of the FBI.

As was stated in your post, those you identify (and attempt to villify) as "illegals" tend to comply with the revenue and taxation code by Paying Their Taxes!; hence the IRS has no beef with them. The IRS does not care what the source of your income is. As long as you pay the appropriate amount of tax on that income, all is well.

Mr. Snipes is alleged to have conspired to not only evade his federal tax liability, but also to have claimed and accepted tax refunds under false pretenses; in essence, to have committed Grand Theft against the citizens of the US, that's you and me, Bucko!

Some one steals from me, I say Hunt him down like a dog!

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Because they have an image to protect. (Bad one I grant, but an image non-the-less.)

The author Richard Bach had this same problem. He owed the IRS a million bucks and told them if they would give him a little bit of time he would get the money and pay them.

The IRS said no. They told him it would look bad on them if they gave this rich guy a break while taking everyone else to the cleaner. They forced him into bankruptcy and took everything he owned. He wrote a pretty good tale of just what happened in his book, "The bridge across forever."

Wesley Snipes is no differant. He doesn't have the political connections to protect himself and therefore will be sacrificed on the alter of making the IRS look like it's being fair. (Which it has never been and will never be.)

At least thats my opinion on the matter.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The IRS went after every single one of the clients of this one company that prepared not only Wesley Snipes taxes but a lot of other peoples. It was his own fault for being greedy enough to believe the people in that company who believe there is a loophole for getting out of paying any taxes. I know there are many who have this theory that Taxes are illegal , and this should squash those beliefs. He makes plenty of money...he just wanted to keep it all. A Fool and his money soon part.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2stepsfromtop
IT does not take a lot of Agents to pursure Wesley Snipes, yet there are not enough Agents to go after every single Tax Evader in the country.

Manpower.

True.

It makes sense really, they go after one man who probably owes millions of dollars versus going after millions of people who in all reality are probably owed money after child credits etc.

[edit on 6/11/06 by Skibum]

top topics

join