It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90% of Americans believe in UFOs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Just surfing the web as you do...

Polls reveal that over 90% of the Americans people believe in UFO’s and 95% of these people believe the government is keeping this knowledge from the public.

What polls? Is there any truth in this?

Source

[edit on 6/11/06 by thebox]

mod edit to use "ex" tags instead of "quote" tags
Quote Reference.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Well, with polls, people are hiding behind their computers and have a tendency to express what they feel.
If you asked those same people in person if they believed in UFO's they'd laugh in your face.
I dont know anyone who believes in them or wants to have a chat about them.

Is that crazy or what? And i have a pretty whacky family and open minded friends.

Why is that?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The answer is probably actually closer to 100%. If it isn't now, it will be soon. A recent Roper Poll shows:

...that over half of the American public think that UFOs are something real and not just in people's imagination.

SOURCE

The same poll also states:

One in Seven Americans Say They or Someone They Know Has Had an Experience Involving a UFO

See also The Disclosure Project (the Disclosure Project held a National Press Club Conference on May 9, 2001. Four months later, in September, the world's attention was drawn away to a national catastrophe.) . It's just a matter of time before someone has a sighting, or through the preponderance of the evidence comes to the obvious conclusion.

What's interesting to note is that the believers/witnesses are more and more young people, which means that either the sightings are increasing, or the people with the ability to witness these craft are increasing (i.e., have been/are being born within the last 15 - 25 years or so).

My personal belief discounts abductions as sleep paralysis, because people are witnessing these craft/beings while outside, wide awake, and often during the day. Video and photographic evidence proves this.

This phenomena, however, traverses both the physical seen world, and the non-physical unseen or quantam world. Scientists have mathematically proven the existence of multiple dimensions. I don't have a link at the moment, but this is only to say that the experiences of ufos, abductions, near death experiences, etc., are not dreams - they are real.

Our understanding of our universe and the dimensions that exist simultaneously is just beginning to be not only scientifically studied and proven, but is becoming experiential fact.

It doesn't matter what people's beliefs are at this point. It's clear that we're moving toward a more holistic view of our universe - whether we like it or not. Whether we believe in it or not. All of us are going to have to adjust our belief systems accordingly, to accomodate a new paradigm for the world we live in. See Michael St. Clair.

This isn't speculation, it's fact. The more people that become aware, look around, research and keep an open mind can see this as plain as the nose on their face.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by OnTheDeck]

[edit on 6-11-2006 by OnTheDeck]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Perhaps the question should be: why do 10% of Americans believe that no-one has ever seen anything in the sky which they could not identify at the time?

Of course UFOs exist. Just as pine trees exist.

Presumably the point trying to made though is that 95% of Americans think that some (all?) UFOs are alien spacecraft?

[edit on 6-11-2006 by Essan]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I would have said eighty percent of our Youth know of the existance of Ufo's.Ufology is everywhere in cartoons, media, music, heiroglyhs, paintings, books,internet and T.V series.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by menguard]

top topics

join