It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stealth bomber crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
have anyone heard about the stealth bomber that crash on a home in bowleys quarters in Maryland 8 yr ago after it crash there black plastic covered on the out side of all homeowners windows.and told us not to come out
When they evacuated the homes they did so at night so that nothing could be seen.
after we were allowed back in are homes after weeks of evacuation. One man died due to some chemical reaction.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
yes i heard about that and i also saw a video of it on real tv or Miximum Xposure or one of those type of shows, do a search on google or altavista video search to see if there is a copy on the net (if you havent already)
and that might help find out what happened

edit just re-read your post, what was it like when you were evacuated??

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by ausconspiracies]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i was there my mom was one of the homeowners

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'd like to hear you're account of what happened. What you were told, what you saw, the whole thing.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
after it crash the only thing that you heard was a loud boom and you felt it too all you could see is large black debri within min the military was there martins state airport is only 10 min down the road and it is a military airport they put up look like black plastic up on all the windows they told us it was for our protiction form any chemical reaction and told us all to say in when they evac it was night fall at that time all we could see was black tarp around the crash so we could not see a thing they told us they was a military bus to take us to a hotel but before we got on they check everyone for chemical reaction and told use they will check all the home as will after week and week we were allowed to go back to are home all the food was gong and some old film thing were movie around the house. the house that the plane crash in too it was going not a piece of the house was there the owner of that house movie and got a large amount of money now at this time there is a new house there i can give you all the road name when i talk to my mom if you would like and get more details that all i know

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Mate, paragraphs and fullstops please.

I dont recall this incident. Got link?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Are you talking about B-2?

Or 'just' about F-117?

If so..

I have seen video footage about F-117 crashing..

If i remember correctly it was on some airshow..

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I have just completed a quick search for this crash and it was at an air show. Click on the link and scroll down to find the details

www.dream-link.org...

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:23 AM
link   
here it is i have pic but don't know how to put them on yet F17 Stealth plane crashes into housesMIDDLE RIVER, Md. (AP) - An F-117A stealth fighter broke apart during an air show performance and crashed into two houses Sunday, setting both on fire and causing six minor injuries on the ground. The pilot ejected safely.The crash happened about 3 p.m. as the jet was making its final passes during the Chesapeake Air Show at the Glenn Martin State Airport. witnesses said they saw parts of the plane break off just before it went down. Home video of the crash showed a piece of the aircraft, which appeared to be from the tail section, flying off the jet before it went into a slow, flat spin and crashed.'Some people were saying it was part of the show,'' said Rudy Medina, who was at the air show. ''But I knew it wasn't part of the show. No aircraft of that caliber disintegrates in midair like that.''The plane, carrying 11,000 pounds of fuel, went down about a mile from the airport, into two houses and two cars at a condo-marina complex on Chesapeake Bay in this suburb northeast of Baltimore.Baltimore County Fire Capt. Steve Gisriel said six people at the complex suffered only minor injuries and were not hospitalized. Among them was an elderly woman who managed to escape her home seconds after the plane slammed into her garage.The pilot, identified as Capt. Bryan Knight, was taken to Andrews Air Force Base for evaluation of minor back and neck injuries.Witness Kimberly Chaapel said she noticed that ''part of the wing fell off'' before the plane went down and the pilot ejected.''He started rolling head over tail and (the pilot) ejected probably 500 feet before the ground,'' she told CNN. ''He was very, very lucky.''Andy Kunkowski said he was watching the show from a small boat near the shoreline, and immediately went to the scene of the crash and spoke to the pilot after he parachuted to the ground.''He said he was truly sorry about what had happened and said he tried to pull it out,'' Kunkowski said. ''He wanted to land this thing in the water, but couldn't.''
The fire was brought under control about an hour after the crash. A three-block area of the neighborhood was evacuated for military officials to conduct their investigation into the cause of the crash. Military police were brought in to help guard the area.''It is a secret aircraft, obviously we want to protect it the best way we can,'' said Capt. Drew Sullins, a Maryland National Guard spokesman.Sullins said he was not aware of any communications between the pilot and the control tower at the airport, but said the aircraft's black box had been recovered.The Air Force said the F-117A had taken off from Langley Air Force Base, Va., and was to return after flying by the air show.The aircraft, assigned to the 7th Fighter Squadron, 49th Fighter Wing at Holloman Air Force Base, N.M., was one of two F-117As loaned temporarily at Langley to support air shows along the East Coast, the Air Force said.The boomerang-shaped F-117A Nighthawk, armed with laser-guided bombs, was used in the Gulf War against the most heavily defended Iraqi targets because of its ability to evade radar and radar-guided missiles. According to an Air Force fact sheet, each F-117 costs $45 million.Stealth technology uses curved or angular surfaces to reduce that radar reflection - known as a cross section. When combined with radar absorbing composite materials, a plane with a 43-foot wingspan displays the cross section of a bumblebee.

Air Force spokeswoman Capt. Keri Humphrey said three Stealth fighters have been destroyed in crashes since the F-117A was put into service in 1990. The only fatality was on a night training flight in 1995 in New Mexico.Before the planes were in official service, there had been at least three other crashes of the once super-secret planes - one when Lockheed was testing the jet, and two fatal wrecks in California and Nevada in 1986 and 1987.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This clip, the info and video of the F117 "bomber" crashing is on a current "Destroyed in seconds". Its the issue with 'confusing intersection leads to truck/train crash in the description. They typically mention only the 1st of 12 items in the description.

I'm looking for info on "why" it exploded midair. No apparent collision etc.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This clip, the info and video of the F117 "bomber" crashing is on a current "Destroyed in seconds". Its the issue with 'confusing intersection leads to truck/train crash in the description. They typically mention only the 1st of 12 items in the description.

I'm looking for info on "why" it exploded midair. No apparent collision etc.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by USCMD

Why bomber in quotation marks? The F 117 was a bomber.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
so painful to read his post!
so painful!

*Sorry, but it did hurt.
Anyway i seen this on that real tv as well.

[edit on 7/20/2010 by Alexander the Great]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
According to the accident report, four missing fasteners caused the crash and a required inspection of those fasteners had been missed six months earlier. Investigators found that maintenance records were incomplete, that the fastener inspection was not accomplished due to "contractual and budgetary constraints," and that no group was tracking whether required "time compliance directives" were being completed by the due date. The missing fasteners (used to attach the elevon hydraulic actuator to local wing structure) reduced actuator-to-elevon stiffness, which earlier had been found to cause elevon-wing flutter.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by USCMD

Why bomber in quotation marks? The F 117 was a bomber.

Actually it's an attacker craft, but labelled as a fighter because of its maneuverability and for convenience (fighters have maintenance priority in the US air force). It's not a bomber and it has no official air to air capability, so all it does is attack ground targets with GPBs.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Alexander the Great:

"so painful to read his post!
so painful!

*Sorry, but it did hurt.
Anyway i seen this on that real tv as well. "

---------------------------------------------------------

I seen this on that real tv as well ?

It conjures thoughts of glass houses and stones.

Dont get me wrong ,

I am going to give the Op No credit for providing proof that he was involved, as we were not given any.

He did say he would have to ask his mother for details, the way he writes is a clue to me he is a younger member or uses english as a second language..

to the OP,
I am interested in your story and look forward to hearing what your mother has to add .

~meathead

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm thinking the safeguards to prevent a chemical reaction was probably b/c of that 11000 Lbs. of JP4 (I believe the F-117 flies on JP4) carried on board. I had to take OSHA and hazmat classes when I was training to crew chief CH-46es in the Corps. That stuff will burn your skin good and if it gets in your eyes you may well go blind. Though I don't see how putting black plastic over windows would help, just keep your window shut.

The black plastic I suppose was to keep any pictures of sensitive items from getting to the 'net for all to see.

I also remember seeing pictures of this crash. It may have even been on this site!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Authorities ordered the evacuation of a three-block area as a hazardous materials team scoured the crash site for fragments of the plane that included carbon fiber composite materials which pose an inhalation hazard when pulverized. There were also hazards associated with spilled fuel and lubricants, as well as burning plastics.

About 50 residents were evacuated. Several hours after the crash, 22 of the 125 initial emergency response personnel, including firemen and a police officer, were taken to the hospital complaining of breathing problems, mild nausea and headaches.

Lt. Col. Jim Coleman of the Maryland Air National Guard served as on-scene commander. In addition to the initial emergency response forces, Coleman's team consisted of more than 300 people from units such as the Maryland Air National Guard, 89th Airlift Wing at Andrews AFB, Md., U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, Baltimore County Police, Marine Police and Fire Department, Bowley's Quarters and Middle River Volunteer Fire Departments, the American Red Cross, Department of Natural Resources, the National Safety and Transportation Board, the FBI and Air Force Office of Special Investigations.

The Air Force allowed most residents to return to their homes on September 17, except for those that lived in the National Defense Area (NDA, a temporary restricted area) which included several houses and yards. The wreckage was confined to a relatively small area. The largest pieces of the aircraft were cut into pieces for removal starting on September 18, and recovery operations were completed on September 21.

Civil engineers completed the site cleanup process on September 22. The process involved raking out the area, picking up loose debris and testing the soil and water for contaminates. The next day, Air Force personnel removed all remaining equipment and terminated the NDA surrounding the crash site, effectively turning the area back over to the residents and local authorities. The Air Force eventually paid local residents nearly $1 million in compensation.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
According to the accident report, four missing fasteners caused the crash and a required inspection of those fasteners had been missed six months earlier. Investigators found that maintenance records were incomplete, that the fastener inspection was not accomplished due to "contractual and budgetary constraints,"

THIS is why I doubt Auroroa, or Bob Lazar's back engineered UFOs exist, or those unpiloted atomic-powered flying triangles.

Also I doubt there is a massive UFO coverup if these guys cannot complete a maintenance log for an above-ground stealth aircraft. Four fasteners caused an aircraft to be completely destroyed (at the cost of the US tax payer presumably) because they were too cheap to fit the fasteners as reported six months previously! And you are telling me they are back-engineering UFOs and anti-gravity devices out in the desert someplace only Bob Lazar knows the location of? Get real folks. These guys could not organise a drinking convention in a brewery if this crash is anything to go by.

top topics

join