It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF Attack Clearly Marked Red Cross Vehicle & Kill 2 RC Workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
There were so many people denying IDF/IAF attacks on Red Cross vehicles during the summer. Coming up with every excuse in the book for these attrocities. Here is proof positive that they absolutely have no respect for rescue vehicles whatsoever. The murdering continues.

Red Cross: IDF hit clearly marked ambulance workers

By The Associated Press

The international Red Cross on Sunday deplored the killing by the Israel Defense Forces of two "clearly marked" ambulance workers removing a Palestinian body from an earlier Israeli attack in the Gaza Strip.

The paramedics of the Palestine Red Crescent Society were wearing clearly marked fluorescent jackets and the flashing lights of their ambulance were visible from a great distance when they were hit by Israeli fire after dark on Friday evening, said the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).

"The International Committee of the Red Cross is appalled by this failure to protect personnel engaged in emergency medical duties," a statement said.

"The individuals concerned and their means of transport were clearly marked with a distinctive emblem conferring the protection of the Geneva Conventions [on the conduct of warfare]," continued the same statement.

Source

If you read the comments by the readers on the bottom you will get an idea for the way the pro-israelis outside of Israel react as well as those within Israel. Absolutely no remorse and tons of excuses. Its appalling.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I have no love for the RC, but this is indefensible.

The IDF seems to cross farther over the line of decency every day. :shk:

It bothers me how they do all this and never suffer any repurcussions. I guess that's just a result of them being covered with the Teflon that is unconditional US support.

I wonder if they'd be nearly so trigger-happy if we pulled all of our support out from under them and let them hack it alone.

Shameful, the nations we support...

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I always thought the Red Cross (at least the workers in the RC) were 100% genuine and were always out there helping people in need. Im not sure about the administrative end of the RC especially with all the monies following 9-11 having disappeared after record donations being collected. The workers are what always impressed me going into every known disaster possible.

Pie

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Yikes!

I took a look at those comments on the story.
I had no idea that the Pro-Israel Jewish community was so damned bloodthirsty.

I'm finding it harder every day to understand why Israel isn't on the "Axies of Evil" list.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by BitRaiser]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
If they do not call in to verify their identity and maintain contact then they could be anyone with anything. Only fools would think otherwise.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Yikes!

I took a look at those comments on the story.
I had no idea that the Pro-Israel Jewish community was so damned bloodthirsty.

I'm finding it harder every day to understand why Israel isn't on the "Axies of Evil" list.

Thats a moderate newspaper. You should see the comments on Jpost or ynet news. I think it gives a very good view of the citizenry not only inside of Israel but even worldwide supporters and how they think. Its very scary!

Pie

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
IF you want to rake up every instance when an IDF weapon misfire then it should only be fair to ask how many Qassam rockets have landed in civilan areas this past week ? How many rockets are fired from GAza into Israel everyday ? There is no accountability on the side of the Palestinians and the Arabs who support and fund these attrocities.

The difference between the IDF and these other so called fighters is that the IDF sees the deaths of innocent civilians as a tragedy and takes responsibility for the deaths of these people unlike the Hamas which has written into its charter the death and destruction of every man, woman and child in the state of Israel of the jewish faith.

Fighting a terrorist nation operating in civilian areas is not the easiest of all places for a military force to fight, the probability of collateral damage is expectedly high but that is no excuse to let those who seek to kill innocent Israelis go scot free .

top topics

join