It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian soldiers pass through moderanization (Pictures)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
people still havent answered one very important question! Why do the Iranians have something that looks like an M16 ??? Are they 1970's vintage? like good wine do guns become better with age ? I know that F-14 dont!

Have the chinese now completely lost it and think that forging Ak's is too passe so its up to the M16 because all the cool kids carry one ??

Iranians wise up! Imaidiotinadinnerjacket knows how far he can run his mouth and every nation knows their place, just like iran knows its place. If they fight its bad for both sides and its not like Iran is really going to win, if the reps win the house again this time, however slim their chances might be. So you should hope for peace as americans do.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Documentally
I would recommend travel to the 95% of americans that don't have a passport. It broadens the mind and gives you a whole new perspective on the world.

That is such stupid whitewash BS. There are ignorant people in Europe, China, Russia, etc. of other countries and traditions.

In any case...I really hope the US does not go to war with Iran. I think if they do, the US would win, but I don't want to go to war for no defined reason. The military was meant to counter a threat to the US...not to invade countries for whatever purpose.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo
And you can bet your ass the US is ready for what ever Iran has!!!

Hmm...and i seem to rememer the same thing being said about Vietnam.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I really would hate to see a war with Iran break out. I have a couple of friends in the marines and army and I care more about those close to me than anything in the middle east...I do think that if you pissed my friends off and the president gave the word, Iran would be in for a world of hurt when it was all said and done.

DCP

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
semperfoo gets a vote from me for some killer pictures

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Nice pictures fom both sides.

But are any of these going to help in a war you'll end up fighting

Any conventional style arms that the iranians will use are just going to get destroyed in the first few hours, while American stealth planes and tank are going to be useless againest a guerilla type enemy armed with MANPADS, AKs and ATGM

[edit on 6-11-2006 by chinawhite]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
If we did decide to invade, I hope we'd just carpet bomb the hell out of the place. Less American blood = good.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Against a conventional military, the US would destroy the Iranian military, much like we did in the first Gulf War, with a several planes shot down, some tanks destroyed, and a few ships damaged. Our army would, however, be very hard pressed to engage them.

Stealth bombers would knock out communications, major sites, some SAM sites, F-22s would dominate the air, wild weasels and the new EF-18s would deal with other SAM and AAA and radar sites, then A-10s could decimate the tanks, etc. Don't think this would be done with impunity, though. We lost quite a few aircraft in the gulf war.

www.rjlee.org...

But then we are stuck there. We have very little man power to deal with the cities, and Iran would probably be like Iraq if we entered the cities on foot - if not multiples worse. Keep in mind Iran has a much more extreme-religious-oriented Government and propaganda machine, whereas Saddam's was not so much, at least to the extent of many of his neighbors. I'd be willing to bet that the Iranians would fight much harder against the Americans, and many have probably been itching to do so. Not to mention how Iran's neighbors would react, and how badly an oil Embargo would hurt.

I have no doubts we could decimate Iran's conventional military, but that is all. Guerilla warfare and chaos might overwhelm the overstretched army and marine corps that entered Tehran, and there's no telling how badly that would de-stabalize the Middle East. Israel would most likely want to enter the fray after Syria and Hezbollah did, as well as almost every terrorist element in that region. God knows how many terrorists our "allies" Saudi Arabia and Pakistan would produce after such a "crusade" occured.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Put it this way... it's not the size, it's how you use it

Give an average Iranian pilot an F22 and an average American pilot an F22 and I think we all know who would come out on top.

B-2's, ICBM's and SLBM's are still beyond the shoot down abilities of Iran and possibly even Russia. If worse came to worse (and I hope it never does) and we engaged in war with Iran - these would be the first weapons used. Convential and Nuclear weapons would probably be treated equally by the US.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
In 1999, the Serbians shot down a F-117. I'm not familiar with the sophistication of the Serb's military at the time, or how stealthy the F-117 is compared to the B2, but I don't see why Iran couldn't do this - unless the Serbs simply got lucky, and/or the B2 is more stealthy than the Nighthawk.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I'm not one to root for either side in a conflict, but I gotta say, the Iranians can handle rubber boats

What about rubber boats with Navy Seals in them?

Well F!.... Why didnt i come up with that....
Well played Sir!..... Well played.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Collective

hey.... SHHHHHH. This is all speculation. Do I want to go to war? Nah... Id rather hug a tree.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Collective

We didnt loose vietnam in vietnam.....we lost in the US. I hope you get my drift.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeH PwNeR
i am iranian, and with past experience, Iran does have a pretty advanced military its not like the indegenous forces in iraq that just point and shoot like madmen. Iran actually takes aim. so if the US would attack Iran it would be a fair fight. Iran is probably more advanced in military than the whole mid-east.

Which isnt saying much....

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
If I recall, wasn’t Iraq and Iran at war for some years, and it was basically a stalemate? Sure Iran started pulling ahead somewhat, then America helped Iraq, and well yeah you know the results.

In all those years Iraq and Iran were at war, nothing came of it. In all of those 120 hours when the United States was at war with Iraq in 1992, Iraq’s military machine was utterly annihilated.

See where I’m going with this?

Now fast forward 14-15 years, and think of the new toys that the United States has, and all the lessons they learned of two Gulf Wars, I really don’t think Iran stands any chance whatsoever in a military engagement.

Iran’s only rebuttal is to bleed us, and make psych warfare on our men. I can imagine Iranian sniper teams, civilian dressed saboteurs, and the like.

If we occupied Iran, we would be fighting a guerilla war for many, many years.

When addressing Hitler on the occupying of the Eastern part of the Soviet Union, a General made a statement, “My Fuhrer, we will be battling Partisans for at least twenty years.” Hitler replied, “Good, Germany will remain alert for twenty years.”

We don’t have the willpower the Germans had in World War 2.

Thank god at that, I don’t want to see our military machine in a quagmire anymore than it has to, and already is.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
How sick is this? Posting pics of weapons that you'd like see used on other people's countries? Grow up. And whoever posted the link to the nuke pic...you are one sad individual.

Iran may not feature highly on your list of holiday destinations because their way of life is different, and our respective governments may like to tell us lies about what the other side is up to...but we all know politicians lie... the average bloke in Iran no more wants a war than we do... stop fuelling this crap and get on with your own life.

If Bush wants to push the US into another warzone...let him do it on his own. Without the UK and the UN, the US won't stretch to another conflict... leave Iran to it's own devices and sort out your homegrown US problems like gun control and poverty.

As for the rest of you... stop this immature 'sabre rattling'... you're not exactly going to get out there and fight yourselves when you're hiding behind your PC are you?

YOU are why this world is a mess. Stop believing the hype.

Sad, sad, sad.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   

You have voted Rapture404 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month

Well put Rapture404. I think we need some fing humanity put in place sometimes ffs.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I would still like to know why it is that the Iranians are using US weapons.

Anyone know?

Does the US sell them Guns?
Are they copied weapons?

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The M16 the Iranians are using are Chinese CQ assault rifles. The Iranians also have a M4 gun as well called the chinese CQ-M4 it has another name in Iran which i can't remember.

CQ rifle operates exactly the same way as M16A1 rifle; it uses same two-part aluminum receiver, same direct gas action and same rotating bolt design. Magazines also are compatible. The only visible differences between CQ and M16A1 are different shape of pistol grip, handguard and buttstock.

world.guns.ru...

There internally 100% like the America M16/M4 rifles apart from a few external modifications.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Aha chinese rip offs-thanks Iqonix.
I should have guessed.
Thought it looked a bit Odd,Iranians with M16s.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join