It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian soldiers pass through moderanization (Pictures)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
were ready for every possible escalation if the US dared to attack us.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by Mehran]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
is that his bazooka jeep?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
And you can bet your ass the US is ready for what ever Iran has!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
img174.exs.cx...

[urlimg76.exs.cx...[/url]

Can the Iranians handle this? I doubt it. This is only a tip of the ice berg.

mod edit: turned over sized images to links

[edit on 15-11-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
And for sh*ts and giggles how about we throw in a couple of these!

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I'm not one to root for either side in a conflict, but I gotta say, the Iranians can handle rubber boats, warthogs, snipers and apache helicopters. Sending helicopters into Iran would be like releasing a fly into a terrarium filled with chameleons - that country is madly in love with surface-to-air missle technology.

It remains to be seen if they have an answer for high-altitude bombardment, but in the end it doesn't really matter, because you can't win a war with air-dropped munitions.

The best we could hope to accomplish, without putting men on the ground, would be the partial destruction of their known military sites.

One of the things I'm very interested to see is how their electronic warfare matches up. From what I've read, we don't even understand how their tech is working to overcome ours, and that's a recipe for disaster on our end.

All that said, modernization, to me at least, does not mean a couple of helicopters, a jeep with a recoilless rifle, and a handful of guys dancing across the desert. Modernization, for the Iranians, means defeating electronic counter-measures to take full advantage of the cost-effectiveness of using a surface-to-air missle to knock down a very expensive fighter jet, not to mention maintaining total awareness of what's going on out on the battlefield, to facilitate tactical decisions.

Sorry, it's late, there's a full moon out, and I've got cigars - I'm in full-tilt armchair general mode.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Thanks for stealing my thunder WyderOne....

Known Iranian military assets would be the first targets. I dont think you can occupy Iran with troops for a porlonged period of time. Alot is unknown about certain capabilities of Irans military. But same could be said about the US if not more so. Both players arent showing all there cards. Althought Iran did some sabre rattling a few months back with those crap shoot weapons. That was unimpressive.
Those tests showed one thing to be true. In any real time military engagement those weapons would not work. Theyre more eye candy then anything else.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Hey, I stole Mehran's thunder too! At least you can say I'm an equal oppurtunity thunder-thief.

All your thunder are belong to me!

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
well, mehran just better pray to allah we dont go to war with them. Im sure we could win, but insurgency is another matter. the only way to stop that is through ruthless carpet bombing etc. Obivously that isnt a popular option.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Jeep and a recoilless is so '60s

But those 100+mm recoilleses with modern ammo are deadly against all light to medium armor and infantry, and they have a high rate of fire too. Very capable systems in Urban combat. (wouldn't mount them on jeeps tough)

And M-16 is hardly an improvement over their previous AKs and G3s considering the operational terrain in Iran.

But the load bearing systems on those iranian troopers look good, any better pics on the Vest/Webbing/Backpack combo?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Sending helicopters into Iran would be like releasing a fly into a terrarium filled with chameleons - that country is madly in love with surface-to-air missle technology.

with respect wyrdeone :

similar claims were made about the Iraqi air defence umbrella in 1990 /91

you do not just send helicopters

no one SAM or AAA system can adequatly respond to all threat types at all altitudes

so

wild weasel and SEAD [ SUPPRESSION OF ENEMY AIR DEFENCES ] plat forms - firing anti radiation missile

one system can attack a section of the air defence system - from outside its effective engagement range

allowing another platform to get within range of another system which was previously defended -

thus a undefended corridir is opened - allowing more attacks to stream in - untill the core is penetrated

no system can be perfect - the test is who will find and exploit the weakness in thier enemies armour first .

and in a static " siege " where the US and her allies can time thier attacks to thier advantage

the waiting game favours the US led side - as thier inteligence map grows with time

as the iranians cannot just leave thier defences stativ - they have to rotate systems to dispersal points - so that they are not just sitting ducks

and with every move - thier response and depoloyment time becomes cleared

any blind spots become evident

and a attack plan will mutate to accomodate this intelligence .

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo

Can the Iranians handle this? I doubt it. This is only a tip of the ice berg.

I doubt weather there is even that rubber boat free to use with all the involvement the US have in illegal wars across the globe.

The US army is stretched so thin it would either have to move it's troops over from Iraq and Afganistan or reintroduce conscription to all the poor youg Americans that no doubt can't wait to rush out and fight the corporations war.

Even with all those toys you have to want to fight, to win. When i was on the Iraq/Iran border last year the mountains were dotted with 'secret camps' stocked 'freedom fighters' potentially sponsored by the west. It looks like the US realises it needs all the help it can get to even make a decent enough dent into the Iranian regime.

And for those who doubt there is going to be a war.. Four weeks or so ago, US Congress enacted and President Bush signed the Iran Freedom Support Act, a resolution almost mimicking the 1998 Iraq Liberation Act.

It mandates sanctions against any country aiding Iran's nuclear programs, even those to which that country is legally entitled under the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty. Sound familiar?

Of course this new law got virtually no coverage thanks to the Mark Foley debarcle. It has also been overshadowed since by North Korea's explosion of a nuclear device and the world's debate about how to respond...

I dread the think what's going to happpen. It is going to be messy, really messy. I recommend getting Mad Max out on DVD to see one possible outcome.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

similar claims were made about the Iraqi air defence umbrella in 1990 /91

you do not just send helicopters

no one SAM or AAA system can adequatly respond to all threat types at all altitudes

so

wild weasel and SEAD [ SUPPRESSION OF ENEMY AIR DEFENCES ] plat forms - firing anti radiation missile

The Iranians have multiple different SAM systems.

They have good quality IR based SAM's and Radar based SAM's as well. Also good quantity of second generation all aspect shoulder launched SAM's such as those based on Chinese QW-1 and QW-2. They also have Russian SA-16 igla missiles that they imported in 1992.

Also more of there equipment has passive IR and EO scanning equipment then the Iraqi's had. And they have more overall air defence missiles then the Iraqi's did during the first and second gulf wars.

The Iraqi's situation for SAM's was different from the Iranian situation. The Iranians actually have a more "complete" air defence system. The only thing they have missing is the s-300 system from Russian otherwise they are packed full of :

- Chinese QW-1 and QW-2 under the name of Misagh-1 and 2
- Improved Chinese SA-2
- S-200 with range of 315km
- British Rapiers
- RBS 70 laser guided anti-air missiles
- Improved Hawks
- KUB
- HQ-7/FM-80/Crotale French missile systems
- Tor-M1
and so on and so on.......

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
"were ready for every possible escalation if the US dared to attack us."

O, Mehran, I wish we could give your country what it deserves, lol!

www.aip.org...

Iran is sooo stupid!

[edit on 6-11-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit

Iran is sooo stupid!

[edit on 6-11-2006 by Low Orbit]

But the US administration's supidity would reach far greater hights if they even thought for one moment that a move that extreme could win them anything but the end of the civilised world they seem to crave so much.

Thankfully it is not you with a finger on the button. If the outcome of such a stupid move is way beyond my comprehension.. Lord knows how you can imagine it as anything more that a big bang and game over.

We are talking about millions of innocent lives here, the end of a culture far older than anything in the west not to mention a retaliation from the middle east that would make everything you know and love a history with no-one around to remember it.

All it takes is one stupid president to think he needs a little more cash.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
We are talking about innocent lives, that is why it is ok to nuke these people. Anyone who takes their children with them to war are not innocents and by fault neither are their children.

I am responding to Mehran's statement that said that Iran is ready for anything the West can throw at them, HE IS WRONG!

You must remember the West right now is using restraint, is Islamic Terrorism using any such restraint with the West, of course not. If it did come down to war with Iran it would be much easier to drop a few nukes than to put troops into the country.

If Iran keeps asking to see our strong hand I think we should show it to them.

After all, does Iran plan on using restraint with its nuclear warheads with Israel and the West once it has them, of course not.

You should understand this shire and pull your face out of yourself.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I bet Iran is not ready for US propaganda leaflets..... As soon as these US leaflets are dropped, The Iranians will pull out the white flags......

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
But what about countries who will support Iran militarily shoud we attack? You have to take Iranian allies into account. And after taking all variables into account, figure out the total losses on both sides, then wonder if any one side could actually declare victory. This isn't a game of 'Risk'.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Ok,so why are the Iranians using M 16s?
Are they genuine US M 16s,or copies?

Who sells them to Iran?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This is the real deal of world domination, and right now we have China and Russia going against our wishes when it pertains to Iran North Korea and just about everything else. Inaction is also an action. If we do nothing now the posturing of China, Russia, a nuclear armed Iran amongst others will only get stronger in the future, can the US and it's allies afford to be squeezed like it has been so? As far as I am concerned the countries I have said above are trying to extort the US and allies and the US shouldn't give in. We must make an example out of Iran before Iran makes an example out of us!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join