It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Antichrist comes to Power

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
People think....well if the rapture happens, I just won't take the mark...........They will because by delusion they will believe the lie.

I cant say what other Christians believe or will do at that time,hey if you miss the boat i suppose you`ve missed the boat,I wont be chipped i can tell you that.

Revelation 13:16-18
16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

18This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

If it looks like the chip,smells like the chip,dont taste, Its the chip.imho

[edit on 5-11-2006 by gps777]

Here is what the real Holy Bible states Rev 13:15-18; (15)And he had power to give life(breath) unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.(16)And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark (sign, seal) in their right hand (works), or in their foreheads (mind) : (17) And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark OR the name of the beast, or the number of his name. (18) *Here is wisdom*...............
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
(also see) [Corinthians 2:14] Rev 15:2 and 21:17

What a difference a Bible makes!

[edit on 6-11-2006 by HarpStrings]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarpStrings
Here is what the real Holy Bible states .........

What a difference a Bible makes!

www.biblegateway.com...

I simply used the first Bible on offer of many,i normally read the KJV and cross reference the international version for easier understanding,choose which ever you prefer .

Not everyone or thing is an enemy,there`s many people who make up Gods orchestra HarpStrings and playing the same music,just its with different instruments.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
wait a minute

wasn't the entirety of the new testament written in greek?

how can you claim to be using the "real holy bible" when it isn't in greek?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I don't beleive that the Antichrist is a single individual, but rather is made up of a class of people.

1 John 2:18: “Young children, it is the last hour, and, just as you have heard that antichrist is coming, even now there have come to be many antichrists; from which fact we gain the knowledge that it is the last hour.”

(2 John 7) 7 For many deceivers have gone forth into the world, persons not confessing Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist. (Notice that the “many antichrists” of 1 John 2:18 are here referred to collectively as “the antichrist.”)

These two scriptures show that “many antichrists,” not one, were responsible for the spiritually troubled situation back in the first century. Today there are, not one, but many antichrists who form the antichrist class. Collectively, they have heaped spiritual ruin upon mankind.

John’s inspired statements show the term to be broad in its application, embracing all those who deny that “Jesus is the Christ,” and who deny that Jesus is the Son of God who came “in the flesh.

(1 John 2:22) 22 Who is the liar if it is not the one that denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one that denies the Father and the Son.

(2 John 7) 7 For many deceivers have gone forth into the world, persons not confessing Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Over & over again it seems to encompass all those who deny the Christ.

This is a very interesting topic. I look forward to hearing other explanations of the antichrist. I dont mean to offend anyone, I just want to submit an alternate view.
thanks

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Wow, seems really out there but anything is possible.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Not being judgemental. But I think you should open your eyes. There has already been plenty of posts on the internet and this site RE the Antichrist. He is coming to power day by day and has been over the past 20 years. Go to this site. www.fulfilledprophecy.com it outlines what I believe to be the greatest candidate every known. His name is Javier Solana and is the frunt runner to be the next MR EUROPE and currently has a document that outline if there is an emergency in the EU he gets emergency powers. IE all the military might of Europe. Go to the site and have a look. His power and position are connected to the number 666 numerous times and he also made his first big appearance on the world scene on the 6/6/06 as a peace bearer to Iran. This guy is it or he is at least paving the way.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miconats

yes, just as it is possible that wings will sprout out of the back of my dog and he'll start to sing like celine dion

it's more possible that all of this stuff about the antichrist is disponsationalist, and therefore incredibly innaccurate

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
I don't beleive that the Antichrist is a single individual, but rather is made up of a class of people.

1 John 2:18: “Young children, it is the last hour, and, just as you have heard that antichrist is coming, even now there have come to be many antichrists; from which fact we gain the knowledge that it is the last hour.”

One thing I wanted to point our. All the verses above were first and second John.

Take this verse for instance. John has concluded that they are in the last hour. He has concluded this because the things that Jesus said would occur had occured. The Saints were hunted down. Now the temple was destroyed. How could the Antichist declare himself to be God if the temple was destroyed? Therefore he concludes yes you have heard the antichist is coming but there are many antichrists.

He doesn't realize that they are not in the last days and that the nation of Israel will have to be reborn before the last days occur.

It is later that John has the vision of Revelations.

As far as there being a person who is Antichrist. We can look to several places.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Daniel 12:36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done. 37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

Certainly there is a spirit of Antichrist, but there is also a person of Antichrist.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

yes, just as it is possible that wings will sprout out of the back of my dog and he'll start to sing like celine dion

it's more possible that all of this stuff about the antichrist is disponsationalist, and therefore incredibly innaccurate

can you explain further or are you just blindly firing a shot and hoping it hits

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well pointed out Sun Matrix(the post to sparky63)

I looked for those verses yesterday,unsuccessfully.

Thanx and WATS for it.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Do you honestly beleive that a child born with 666 on his hand would be kept alive?
I think the mark would have to be something different, something hidden. Perhaps the mark is given at a later age depending on how sucsessful the anti-christ is in life. Right. Any group could simply scar a forhead or hand first and come up with enough bull# to fake the true anti-christ. The anti-christ would convince the world of the fears and glories of hell, in a way no other single could say or do before. Would the real anti-christ care to do anything, in the worlds power system? Good. Would the anti-christ # his mother for the fun of it? No. But his sister...theres another story. Good fell.A. Right.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

can you explain further or are you just blindly firing a shot and hoping it hits

not blindly firing

i just hate the phrase "anything is possible"

because it is true, but just because it is possible doesn't mean we should believe it
especially since you can't believe in all possibility

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

One thing I wanted to point our. All the verses above were first and second John.

I agree with you here. the word antichrist only appears 5 times and all of these are in 1st & 2nd John.

Take this verse for instance. John has concluded that they are in the last hour. He has concluded this because the things that Jesus said would occur had occured. The Saints were hunted down. Now the temple was destroyed. How could the Antichist declare himself to be God if the temple was destroyed?

I don't think any of the verses where the word "antichrist" is found says that he will declare himself God.And I don't recall any of them making mention of the temple. I might be mistaken though. If I am, thanks in advance for the reference.

It is later that John has the vision of Revelations.

I used to think the same because it is the last book of the Bible, but I think there is enough evidence to point to its being complete in 96CE.
Here is one reference that’s establishes that date;
en.wikipedia.org...

According to early tradition, the writing of this book took place near the very end of Domitian's reign, around 95 or 96

And it is generally believed that the epistles of John were completed about 98 C.E. shortly before his death. I don’t think it is a critical issue though, but it may be if one is basing a conclusion on chronology.

You bring out a good point about Johns use of the phrase "last hour". It is an interesting phrase to say the least. John uses this expression “hour” several times in his writing. It generally refers to a period of time, either relatively brief or of undetermined length. (See Joh 2:4; 4:21-23; 5:25, 28; 7:30; 8:20; 12:23, 27.)
He thus did not restrict the appearance, existence, and activity of such antichrist to some future time only but showed that the antichrist was already present and would continue on.—1Jo 4:3.

John as the last apostle stood as a bulwark aginst the rising tide of apostasy that was creeping into the congregations. Once he was gone there would be no stopping the false teachers from invading & permeating the congregations. By “last hour” John evidently (at least evidently to me)
meant the end of the apostolic period. The other apostles had died, and John himself was very old. He warns them that the antichrists were already present, that’s why he says " it "is" is the last hour.

These warning had direct application to the congreagation in his day. The antichrists were already present and would continue to be present into the future.

As far as there being a person who is Antichrist. We can look to several places.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Daniel 12:36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done. 37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

2 Thess 2:3 does not mention the antichrist but rather the "man of sin" . I do believe that this man of sin is part of the Antichrist class. This man of sin was also present in Pauls day & would continue to exist until he is revealed in the Lords day, Judging by the longevity of the “man of sin,” from Paul’s day down to Christ’s presence, it had to be not an individual but a class of people.

I think you meant Dan 11:36 instead of 12:36. This is talking about the King of the North, not the antichrist. I don't know if you can make the connection between the King of the North & the Antichrist. The King of the North has the King of the South as his enemy and there is a constant pushing and shoving and battle for dominance down thru history and right up till the end.

This is a very interesting topic and I do not intend to insult anyone elses beliefs. I enjoy hearing alternate explanations even if I don’t agree with them all,
Sun Matrix; your posts are interesting and insightful. I look forward to seeing more of them.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I don't think any of the verses where the word "antichrist" is found says that he will declare himself God.And I don't recall any of them making mention of the temple. I might be mistaken though. If I am, thanks in advance for the reference.

I was referring to the abomination of desolation.

Matthew 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place

According to early tradition, the writing of this book took place near the very end of Domitian's reign, around 95 or 96

And it is generally believed that the epistles of John were completed about 98 C.E. shortly before his death. I don’t think it is a critical issue though, but it may be if one is basing a conclusion on chronology.

The writings in the Bible that I am looking at estimate the Epistles of John around 90 AD. And it agrees with the 95-96 AD estimate of Revelation.

John as the last apostle stood as a bulwark aginst the rising tide of apostasy that was creeping into the congregations. Once he was gone there would be no stopping the false teachers from invading & permeating the congregations. By “last hour” John evidently (at least evidently to me)
meant the end of the apostolic period. The other apostles had died, and John himself was very old. He warns them that the antichrists were already present, that’s why he says " it "is" is the last hour.

I think that it is more likely that John knowing that he was the last Apostle believed that he would live to see the return of Christ based on the following verse.

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

2 Thess 2:3 does not mention the antichrist but rather the "man of sin" . I do believe that this man of sin is part of the Antichrist class. This man of sin was also present in Pauls day & would continue to exist until he is revealed in the Lords day, Judging by the longevity of the “man of sin,” from Paul’s day down to Christ’s presence, it had to be not an individual but a class of people.

I don't believe that "Man of Sin" is referring to a class of people. Paul would have used the words "Men of Sin" if that was the case.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I think you meant Dan 11:36 instead of 12:36. This is talking about the King of the North, not the antichrist. I don't know if you can make the connection between the King of the North & the Antichrist. The King of the North has the King of the South as his enemy and there is a constant pushing and shoving and battle for dominance down thru history and right up till the end.

Yes Sparky63 these verse are talking about the King of the North. But what happens to this king of the North. Daniel 11:23 a leage is made with him and he becomes strong with a small people. Verse 28 he shall be against the holy covenant. Verse 31 he shall take away the sacrifice (which is not yet happening as the temple has not been rebuilt) and will pollute the sanctuary. Verse 37 he shall magnify himself above all.

Now look at verse 40.

40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over

We see here that the King of the North that we have identified is come against by the King of the North. The first King of the North enters a league and becomes the Antichrist and is the him spoken of in verse 40. The second King of the North is not talking about the same nation. The second King of the North is Gog of Magog who comes with Persia the king of the South agaist the land of Israel as shown in Ezekiel 38 and 39

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   

How will the Antichist come to power?

First he or she will explain, define, and quantify all negative emotions. And the anti-christ will do it in a way that no one can deny.

then the anti-christ will show how any other person would be too much of a slave to Lucifer ("Look i fear") to step up to bat when the world needs it most.

Then the anti-christ will probably ask you a straight forward and simple question:
WHAT IS THE OPPOSITE OF A SON???

and that is how GOD, the anti-christ will return!

The lie is already in place to explain it..............Alien Abductions. The world will accept the New World Order because the earth is being attacked by Aliens.

The whole alien, UFO, thing is a crock. How many millions of light years is the nearest galaxy. Oh yea, it's too far..........let's make up worm holes so it is possible.

There are no aliens.

I wager all i have ever owned that you are wrong.
I wager all i own that you are wrong.
I wager all i will ever own that you are wrong.
I wager my life that you are wrong.
I wager my soul that you are wrong.
I wager my existance that you are wrong.

How sure are you that you are right, and what do you wager?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarpStrings

This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

i have wisdom. i have insight. i can calculate what man's number of 666 is.

666 is the entire human race's breaking of the FIRST COMMANDMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) thou shall have no GOD (or love) before me.

And what do humans choose to love before the word (language) of GOD (truth)?

humans all love 666 more than they love GOD.

What were your first loves?

1) FEAR. a byproduct of your instinct of "Self Pre-Serve".
2) FOOD. needed for cellular reproduction as you grew in the womb.
3) FAMILY. as they helped nurish and protect you, and hide your fear.
4) FRIENDS. because you wanted to be accepted and belong.
5) FORNICATION. You were curious, and this is the physical manifestation of love.
6) FINANCES. Because you "needed" it to obtain control over more of your first 5 loves.

Huh, they all begin with the letter "F", the SIXTH letter of the "ALL FIB, BET!"

Congradulations. you are all the anti-christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 choices made to love 6 different things before GOD or TRUTH, that all begin with the 6th letter of the alphibet, placed before the 7th, GOD's "G"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

But, i guess you were too afraid to know your own truth or to know what you loved.
i guess you took that "Free Will" in the direction that best served you, huh?

"LOOK I FEAR"

but, doesn't a "U" make the same sound as "OO"???

"LUK I FEAR"

but, i don't hear any "A" sound in "FEAR", so it must be a deciever!

"LUK I FER"

but, doesn't a "C" make the same sound as a "K" ???

"LUC I FER"

HAHAHAHAHA you 666 lover!!!!!!

you are so afraid because you are "LOOK I FEAR", aka "LUCIFER"!!!!!!

Or perhaps you thought it wise to disregard the introductory statement of every messenger of heaven and every angel that began the message from God by saying: "BE NOT AFRAID"???

[edit on 9-11-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
sun matrix

"" have heard stories of faster than light
travel...........but I think it's BS like wormholes.""

well , how about this.......I'm here on earth

and I think about being on alpha centauri...poof !

I believe I just blew past the speed of light...eh ?

------
and have you figured out who/what the synagogue of satan is ?

just curious

toasted

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
sun matrix

"" have heard stories of faster than light
travel...........but I think it's BS like wormholes.""

well , how about this.......I'm here on earth

and I think about being on alpha centauri...poof !

I believe I just blew past the speed of light...eh ?

------
and have you figured out who/what the synagogue of satan is ?

just curious

toasted

You believe you just blew past the speed of light, but did it happen???????????/

Not sure I am following your question.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   

This sound reasonable to me. I have heard stories of faster than light travel...........but I think it's BS like wormholes. There has to be a way for aliens to be able to get here without traveling 2 million light years, so they make it possible............Just like they teach you evolution..............Talk about impossible.

Just because we don't understand something today does not mean it is impossible, and if there are such aliens who could be alot older and knowledgeble than us then just maybe they found a way to warp (fold) space, making it possible to travel faster than the speed of light. hence from earth to the nearest star could take a second.
Although this is just theory to us now does not mean it has'nt or will not be achieved.

Guy's hurry up and develop that coaxaul drive. at least thats how i think you spell coaxaul

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join