It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangest thing you have ever witnessed?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talonhumper
Another thing that was cool and hasn't happened for awhile was the feeling of levitation. I was laying on the couch about to pass out, when my body started shaking. At the same time it felt like I was being lifted towards the ceiling. It felt like I was in 2 places at once. Needless to say it freaked me out so I brought myself back. It happened one more time, I was lying on my bed again about to fall asleep. I felt myself being lifted towards the ceiling again. This time I decided to see how long I could take it. I felt like I was about to kiss the ceiling when I couldn't take it anymore. Here 2 years later I haven't had that experience again, still hoping though.

Ah, yes. I can explain this. You had what you would call a combination of full body paralysis and a sort of half awake/half asleep experience. This can be explained by the fact that you were almost passed out. When you sleep, all of your muscles, save the ones in your circulatory, respiratory, and digestive system stop working. Occasionally, some people will wake up, or in your case, half fall asleep, and feel the sensation of "floating" or not being able to move. Here's the link if you want it. Out of body experiences and full body paralysis pheonomenon

Originally posted by Talonhumper

One more. I was riding home with my mom and sister in our van. I was sitting in the center seat with no seatbelt on. My mom had an awsome darwin moment and decides to test how slick the roads were. Doing about 45mph the testing how slick the roads are on black ice is not a good idea. We started sliding and instinctivly I grabbed a handle which was never there and the buckle end of a seat belt. The next memory I have is all 3 of us about 50 feet from the van walking home. We did about 4 spins and ended up backed into a fence. To this day I have no idea how I got out of the van or where that handle came from.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but it is perfectly normal for the brain to purposely forget traumatic experiences, especially at a young age. For instance, when I was four, I got a steak knife stuck through my hand. All I remember is the blood gushing out of my hand, pulling the knife out, and waking up in a hospital with a huge bandage on my hand. I had a few stitches along with a long ride to the Hospital, as my mom told me, which probably wasn't very fun.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I was visited by my recently deceased grandmother. She died in my bedroom, (I was sharing my brothers bedroom) and the day after she died I moved back into my room. That night I awoke to see a figure which I couldn't recognize but knew without doubt was my grandma. She told me she loved me, and to give the family her love and farewell. I didn't feel scared but an intense comfort and warmth, just like she was holding me. I was very close to her and was not surprised that she came to say goodbye. When I told the family they said it was a dream, but later my father (her son) told me when we were alone they he knew I was right, but to keep it between us. This experience led me to keep a dream journal for many years, and as I result I have an unusual ability to recall dreams. This was no dream.

I also saw a 'ghost' in the apartment of an old boyfriend of mine who was heavily into the occult. We were sitting on the couch watching The Simpsons when a motion in the hallway caused us to both turn and look simultaneously. Just then the cat, which was looking in the same direction, bolted for her hidey-hole and didn't come out for hours. Johnny turned to me and said, "That's the ghost I told you about". I thought I could see a very faint misty looking vail, and immediately got up and went over to see if there was a cold spot or anything; there wasn't. Later I was to decide that this wasn't a ghost but Johnny's 'familiar' after an extremely bad experience (it wasn't a dream) from which I awoke to find that Johnny wasn't next to me (I always awoke first) but was in his 'prayer circle'. It took me some time to get his attention as he seemed to be in a trance. It was the only time I saw him like this, and once I got him to look at me, he went into what I can only describe as a sexual frenzy. It was the wildest and most amazing sex I've ever had, but for the next three days I was depressed and very sluggish feeling. I broke it off with Johnny not long after that.

I also saw a UFO at about 10yrs old while jumping on a trampoline at a friends house. We both saw it; a large bright light that came out of the south at incredible speed and when almost directly overhead, took an exact right angle turn to the west without slowing a bit. Two nights later was the famous asteroid that light up the sky over north texas which thousands of people saw. I believe this was '74 but I can't be sure.

Dae

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainIraq
Sorry to rain on your parade, but it is perfectly normal for the brain to purposely forget traumatic experiences, especially at a young age.

I agree too, the loss of memory is very common. The part that really interested me was the 'grabbing onto a door handle that didnt exist'. I wonder if Talonhumper can remember if they received any stability from the imagined door handle.

If the brain can hallucinate something we can see and touch and youre in an emergency (no time for thinking with possible memory loss afterward) could it actually become real, real for someone to hold onto while they need to? Puts a whole new perspective on 'creating your own reality' idea!

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
i like the matrix post. glitches in the machine and whatnot. seems 'reasonable',lol!

i was driving from toronto to barrie with a friend. we came over a hill, and about five kilometers in the distance, in broad daylight, i saw a huge wall of BRIGHT pink light about five or seven storeys high, and about forty feet wide, next to an apartment building(my 'measuring stick' for dimensions). my first thought was stadium lighting, because that was the character of the light. but, there was no light source. our view was obscured briefly, and when we had a clear view again, it was gone. i asked my friend, 'did you see that?' we both saw it.
interestingly, we kind of shrugged it off in the moment, and only later kinda freaked.

i was trying drunvalo melchezidek's 'merkaba' meditation for a while. ('merkaba' is supposedly our 'light body', and consists of counter-rotating feilds of light, shaped like a 3D star of david surrounding the body)
one day, i was sitting in a darkened basement, with no windows, and which had been dark for over twenty-four hours. i sat in the dark for about twenty minutes, with my alleged merkaba alledgedly spinning at 9/10ths the speed of light. and then i noticed something glowing in the distance. glow in the dark toys. they DEFINITELY were not charged when i started the meditation. eyes adjust to darkness within a few minutes, and i would have seen them much sooner. after that, i tried to purposely charge glow in the dark stuff by doing the meditation. it SEEMS to work!
(i never did 'contact my higher self', to my knowledge, though, nor did i ever see my alleged merkaba, but somehow, i feel the meditations changed me deeply. i get goosebumps on command, now, all the way to the crown of my skull. kundalini? probably.)

my mother has a great one.
when she was a teen, she walked through an ancient arched walkway into a courtyard in victoria BC, and when she stepped into the courtyard, she was in a different TIME. it was like an old bazaar, with stalls and traders. so she went back through the archway into present day victoria, and then double-back to find the courtyard the way it is today. no more stalls and traders.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae

Originally posted by CaptainIraq
Sorry to rain on your parade, but it is perfectly normal for the brain to purposely forget traumatic experiences, especially at a young age.

I agree too, the loss of memory is very common. The part that really interested me was the 'grabbing onto a door handle that didnt exist'. I wonder if Talonhumper can remember if they received any stability from the imagined door handle.

My guess was the memory loss was due to neck trauma. I remember playing hackey sack with some friends and the sack went over my right shoulder. I turned my neck really fast and there was a pop. For the first couple of seconds I didn't know who I was or what I was doing. Then instantly my memories came back and my neck hurt. As far as the handle, I have no idea where it came from. But it did help me stay in the center of the van instead of slamming up against a window. Oh, and thanks for the link on OBE's CaptainIraq.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Wow, well this should be a fun topic for my first post!

Nothing to weird has ever happened to me. However, I do remember a few years back I went fishing at a friend's house. He lives a mile or so from the lake so we walked to the lake. Everything went normal, caught no fish. Heh But on our way back through we decided to take a short cut and we cut through the woods. There was a strange glowing object floating about 3 feet off the ground. I pointed it out to my friend, and we both could have swore there was something out there with it. That night we were supposed to sleep in the tent outside his house, but we were a little to freaked out. When we woke up the next morning to take the tent down all the rods were bent up and there were holes in the tent. I'm not sure what was going on that night, but It definatley freaked me out.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
well i was watching a mcdonalds ad and then suddenly a big mac came on screen spinning and all

oddly enough, i SMELT it, yes i could actually smell the mcdonalds the big mac, fries everything, very very weird, i still can't explain it till today

i'm not making this up and i asked my mom and siblings if they had any mcdonalds and checked, found nothing, yes i smelt something on TV

and i've de ja vu quite a few times before, i'd be wearing the exact same clothes and a person i remember from the previous experience will say the exact same thing sometimes i even finish their sentence for them

its very odd, i usually just say de ja vu everytime it happens

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofwrath

and i've de ja vu quite a few times before, i'd be wearing the exact same clothes and a person i remember from the previous experience will say the exact same thing sometimes i even finish their sentence for them

its very odd, i usually just say de ja vu everytime it happens

I can very well relate to that. I usually just "remember" feelings and sensations, when I have de ja vu, but sometimes it is images. I have actually remembered a whole day before.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
My cousin came to live with my family about 10 years ago. She stayed in my old bedroom which was haunted anyway. So, I was upstairs minding my own business when I hear my cousin screaming, then my two sisters started screaming. I ran downstairs to see what the fuss was about, and to my shock and suprise, my cousins' stereo was turning on and off, fast forward and reverse, play and stop. It was going nuts. The weird thing was that it was one of those mechanical stereos which have the buttons you have to push down to get the thing started.

Weird.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
When I was 15 we were camping in the Michigan Thumb area with a friend and his dad. It was summer so we were just in out sleeping bags on the ground looking up at the full moon and the clouds passing by. A disk shape came out of the clouds went directly in front of the moon and bact into more clouds. You could see the clouds glowing as it went through them then saw it again in another clearing. Rob said did you guys see that and I said yea what the heck was it?? His dad said he didn't see anything and neither did we go to sleep. He wasn't the kind of guy to argue with so we let it go. A few years later I brought it up to his dad and all he said was "How many times do I have to tell you you didn't see anything". I laughed and said "Yep you saw it too and it scared the hell out of you didn't it" He said he never wanted to camp again and didn't sleep for days afterward.

mikell

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
About 8-9 years ago I was working at a Friendlys on Long Island. One night after work we were all haning out in the parking lot talking about Mt. Misery, a local Indian burial ground about 10-15 minutes away.

Well in out slightly inebreated state we all jumped in our cars and decided to find this burial site and see first hand if it was haunted. We drove around for about an hour, as no one was sure where it was, before we finally found it. Grabbing out flashlights, lighters, bats, and tire irons, we headed up the path.

Well we got no further then 25 feet up the path when all the flashlights went out and my friend Kevin lighter's flame turned green and bent 90 degrees to the right with no wind blowing. Moments later his lighter righted itseld and we all saw a small green flame like thing moving away from us in the woods.

Needless to say we all jumped back in our cars and drove off. My parents now live not 3 miles from this place and I pass the Mt Misery Rd every time I have to visit... and I'll never go back.....

However, in college my friends and I drove from Boston to Worster to find Spider Gate Cemetary and nothing happened at all....go figure!

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Years ago I was washing up the lunch dishes in my tiny house (725 sf) when I heard what sounded like a helicopter landing in my living room. I walked the few feet from the kitchen to the living room and the sound got louder the closer I got. There was nothing there except living room furniture. I gingerly put my hand out to feel if there was something right in front of me that might be there but just not visible. Nothing. I walked outside to see if maybe a helicopter had landed on my roof but the sound stayed in the living room and there was nothing on my roof. By this time the sound was beginning to fade in intensity although it was still coming from the living room. I walked to the bathroom to see if maybe there was a problem with the pipes but the bathroom was quiet. I did not own a television and did not live close to any neighbors. My radio was not on. I have no explanation for this auditory phenomenon that occured even after all these years.

CX

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hmmm a few so i'll keep them brief.

1. Top spot has to be the dark human sized winged figure that seemed to fall from the trees in the pitch black and smack against the door of my car in a German forest.
I've talked about this in the Crypto forum.

2. What i believe to be two instances of "shadow people". Once after a much regretable Ouija board session in the army, many scary happenings that night including me seeing a figure crouched over the end of my mates bed. The second was whilst cycling home from work on my bike, it was dark but well lit by the moonlight and about 50 metres in front of me, a shadow of a person ran at speed across the road. No body, just a very plainly visible shadow and it ran through (not over), through the fence at the side of the road and startled a herd of deer in the field. Needless to say i set a new personal best for getting home that night!

3. Saw what i believe to be the ghost of an old lady at the old school where i worked. She looked straight at me before descending the stairway. Turns out an old lady with the very same description was seen there in a toilet cubicle years before, but when she did'nt come out a member of staff went to see and she'd gone.

4. My one and only experience of what i believe was poltergiest activity. Long story short, my mate was on leave from my unit, his room was locked and the key was in the police station downstairs. No windows open in his room. For about half an hour it was like someone was locked inside kicking hell out of the door. We opened it, nothing. The door was being bashed that hard it was as though the door was coming away from the frame a fraction of an inch, yet it was an inwardly opening door. It sounded like it was being bashed from inside, but appeared to be being hit from out in the corroidoor where we were watching from.

A few others just as weird but my fingers are acheing as i've been typing loads tonight lol.

CX.

CX

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Oh yeah, i guess the one time i had the sleep paralysis thing, that was freaky and very scarey. This was balanced out though by the amazing first astral projection that i experienced a few months ago.

CX.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a newly aquanted friend (1 year), and I were sitting in our apartment, in my room, we were philosophizing, I was explaining some of the quantum theories and the ramifications of entanglement and superposition on the human body and populus, and some blatant misconceptions about Christ and God and how addiction works with the cells and peptides, and explaining emotional addiction in the same manner, .. as we talked he got the idea earlier in our conversation to go outside for a cigarette because we weren't permitted to smoke in the house, and he ended up holding the cigarette for over 2 hours, in his hand.. as if it were lit waiting to go, but was so absorbed in the conversation with questions, relations and statements of his own, more or less realizations of things in his past... it was 11pm when we started talking in my room, and around 4:40-5:10 around the time of the incident in question. We'd gone outside around 2-3 other times before the time in question. But finally after talking for so long I just, finished talking, and quickly decided now was the time for him to go out for his cigarette so we got up stretched from sitting for so long, and I lead the way outside, I opened the door with him directly behind me, we were still carrying on some of the ramifications and manifestations of 'bizzare coincidences' and as I opened the door, it was pitch black outside, dark as night, ... not even a hint of the sun yet, (this is in the mountains in Kelowna BC) and it went from being pitch black to bright sunny morning in a fraction of a second, right before our eyes...
We both said immediately Don't say anything!, so we marvelled to ourselves a bit and before even going outside we asked eachother at the same time.. did you see the sun just turn on? both in different phrases.. He said it flashed into daylight and I said that it flicked on... (either way same concept) and we continued our amazing talks... until another amazing event 2-3 weeks later. which I will write about after some feed back.. or no feed back .. just later.. lol
... oh and no, no BS, I am describing accurately my perception of the events that took place SOBER.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Last night while watching Daybreak ( good show btw) I had my comp monitor off. My girlfriend asked me what time it was so I turned it on and it was 8:36 and not even a split second later the character on the show looks at the clock and the clock said 8:36 kinda creepy.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I live in Mobile, Alabama. My boyfriend and I used to live in a pre-Civil War house downtown. I think that is was used as a triage for the hospital that was located in what is now Barton Academy across the street. (It was used as a Union hospital during the war.) Whenever something would go missing, it appeared in the middle of the downstairs bathroom floor. Once, a belt hit the floor behind him while he was using the "facilities."

I never thought much about it; I just figured that we were misplacing things. But, one night, my boyfriend broke a bottle in the downstairs bathroom and came out to look for the broom and dustpan to clean it up. He found the broom and swept all of the glass into a pile, and then went to look for the dustpan, which had been missing for a couple of days. When he returned to the bathroom with a piece of cardboard to use as a dustpan, the missing dustpan was sitting on top of the pile of glass. He cleaned it up, but he never entered that room again. We moved about a year later.

I never saw an apparition, but we often heard footsteps on the porch and on the stairs.
It was a very old house.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
A couple of other ones that I didn't post last time:

1) I have seen a UFO. I was riding in the car with my mom when I spotted a 747. I always was interested in planes and would watch them fly. Then, I saw another silvery object. I though nothing of it at first because of the airport nearby. Then, I noticed that it was very shiny, unlike the plane. It was also, as I could tell as we turned perpendicular to the plane, that it was very close to it, and passenger planes don't fly in formation.

2) My dad has seen a UFO. When he was younger (60's) he was walking across the boardwalk at the beach in Spring Lake, New Jersey, he noticed two red lights next to each other on the horizon. It was hazy, and just looked like a ship, at first, That was, until one of the lights, followed by the other, whot up into the air at supersonic speeds. He also claimed to have seen an object making very fast square patterns while flying as the WSO in his RF-4 over Scotland.

He was in the Air Force for 23 years, so naturally, he denies that there are any government conspiracies. He believes in the existance of aliens, as most logically thinking people do.
He flew SR-71s for a while and was basically part of Skunk Works, hence the picture (my avatar) of his shirt. We also have a mug, and a couple of other things with that logo
. He did "business" (as he calls it) with the NSA, and has probably been to Area 51 (though he won't admit it). Sometimes I wish he would just give in and spill the beans on the government, although he claims that all of what he knew is "unclassified anyway".

3) Anyway, here's the third one. I always seemed to have strange yet symbolic dreams, especially when I was younger. This was actually probably the weirdest thing I've ever experienced, if you're willing to believe me. When I was, like, 10, I had a dream. It was very strange, as there was a "copy" of everyone. Everyone I knew was there. Even James Bond
. That's beside the point. Anyway, I started off in the real world and was at my school. Then I suddenly warped to the "copy world" where no one recognized me. I felt a strange combination of fear, sickness, and extreme confusion. I wanted to wake up, as I somehow knew I could, but couldn't. Here's the really freaky part. I kept hearing the word revalation, but I didn't know what the word meant.
That was, until I looked it up in the dictionary a year later. When I saw that it was defined as "a message or sign from God," I felt extremely dizzy as I remembered the dream and almost passed out. I swear on my life that I never knew the meaning of that word until I looked it up.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I've never really talked about this experience much but here goes.

About 10 years ago I was working a relief position at the prison I worked at. One night I was assigned to cover for another officer who was on vacation. We had 2 officers assigned to this unit on night. One was in the control booth and the other on the floor. That night I was in the booth for the first half of the shift; my partner left the unit for her break; leaving me alone. She left and I shut the doors behind her and continued monitoring the tiers and doing paperwork. All the inmates were locked in their cells and there were no other people in the unit. She had locked the door to the office when she left. About 2 min after she left the unit I heard books, paper and pens dropping on the floor in the office. I went and looked in the office from the booth and there was no one in there; I then checked all the door leading out of the unit; they were closed and locked as were the cell doors. I hadn't let anyone in the unit. So I sat back down and chalked up to my imagination and continued with the paperwork. Pretty soon I heard the pool balls that are issued to inmates in the dayroom start to knock together; I continued to ignore it which caused whatever to drop them to the floor I watched them hit. By this time I was totally freaked so I turned off the speaker to the office and said a prayer. When my partner came back from break I asked her if the unit was haunted. She responded you heard it too? I said yes I was totally scared. She said it had been going on since a young inmate had died in the unit due to heart problems; despite staff's best efforts to revive him.

they were finally able to get him to leave when one of the regular assigned officer addressed him by name and told him he was free and he should go on home.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join