It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Memorable Ghost Hunt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I am curious of how many members here have participated in a ghost hunt. For those who have, what was your most memorable experience?

I would have to say that mine would be the notoriously haunted Moundsville, W.V. prison. I live about 30 minutes away from this place, which makes for a great adventure when I'm bored. I spent the night (dusk-dawn) inside, and while I didn't get much evidence (I only brought my camera), it was still a very eerie experience! I would recommend visiting this place if you are interested in seeing a truely haunted location.

I heard alot of really strange noises throughout the night, and the lights would go off and on from time to time.

Hopefully I'll be going back there soon with some equipment.

The second most memorable experience was in a location known as the Egypt Valley Wildlife Area, near Belmont County in Ohio. There were some high walls that must have at least been 250 feet high, many old houses, a strange lake, and many very odd creatures. I saw the grave a little girl who was supposedly killed there.

There are alot of local legends about the place, and many residents reported strange animals in the area.

I think somewhere around Thursday or Friday of this week I'll be heading back there. It's about an hour from where I live.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I've only been on one. It was at Middlebury College in Vermont. I was there for a full-immersion language program and there isn't much nightlife around there, so myself and a few friends decided to go for an excursion to the adjacent cemetar, VERY old graves. Anyways we were towards the back of the plot and all of a sudden my friends seem to dissapear and then I see 2 or 3 silhouettes running into the woods and laughing. I start to follow and yell for them to slow down. I am somewhat prone to paranoia so I thought something was amiss and stopped when they didn't respond. The next day they had no idea where I went and said I just dissapeared all of a sudden. 2 years later one of the girls that was there still claims they weren't playing a prank on me. Definitely the creepiest experience in my life.

join