It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV News Is Bad For Your Brain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I found this study and it is SO not a surprise. I don't know how many times I have almost pulled an Elvis and shot my TV as I sit there watching Bush administration officials lie through their teeth over the war in Iraq.

This is exactly why I depend on BBC world as my primary news source
. BBC world is, in my opnion, on e of the most neutral (if not the most neutral) news organization in the world despite the recent hits on their reputation.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I guess I'm the only one here that watches tv news. I like PBS' News Hour. I watch Hardball and meet the press on sunday's. In the morning the first thing I do when I wake up is put on Cspan's Washington Journal. Cspan is dope or I'm weird. I love booknotes, (can't wait to see Micheal Moore tomorrow), and how else will you know how your sentor or representative feels about the issues. You get a front row seat to your tax dollars at work.

It depends on what you watch more than watching in general. Some people want to be entertained by flash and trash. I'm entertained by information. There's some great shows out there like Frontline and Nova (also PBS). I wouldn't totally give up on tv news. You have to be able to rightly divide the word of truth with anything you come in contact with. Everything can be slanted or misreported even on the net.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Considering my father is a television correspondent, I would have to...agree with you ECK. Never been to war as a soldier, but I have been to warzones, and seen what occurred in the aftermath. I've seen the unedited tapes of the latest wars in afghanistan and Iraq, and those were not pretty wars. I saw phootage of a Spectre gunship annhialting a taliban position, and it was not pretty. When CNN aired those AL Qaeda tapes summer before last, and stated that what the viewer will see may be disturbing...I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. War can not be packaged as a videogame, its to serious for that.

See my thread on Embedded Journalists Q&A in war on terror, there were some good questions put out there

<< 1   >>

join