It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Sealing its Borders?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Its all the same crap. Democrats, Republicans, greys, all the same.

We are past the point of no return- The diabolical plan is in action and there is no way out of this one.

If only Americans stood up and said "NO" to the lies long ago.....I always thought this could only happen in 3rd world countries and not here.
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I better stop and take a deep breath because this makes me very pissed.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
We are past the point of no return

I always thought this could only happen in 3rd world countries and not here.

You are more than likely stronger than you think you are.
All of the events that you have seen and have lived through have helped to prepare you to build something new.
It is inherent in all of us to be creative and imagination can often find solutions that simply relying on what already exists and using past formulas of logic cannot.

Past generations benefitted on the dreams and works of their ancestors who they honor. That time is done, it is past the point of no return.

It is the present generation who will be the new dreamers, creators, and founders of the future that will be. For those who rise to the challenge it will be glorious.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by Senaden]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The question I have is a simple one. Ok, it's going to get a little tougher to leave the country.
What are they doing to stop people from coming INTO this country?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senaden

[

This is exactly what the Soviet govt told Soviet citizens when they built the barbed wire fence around their country - that things would be so wonderful in the USSR that people from all over would want to come there to live, so they needed to build a fence around the USSR in order to keep those horrid immigrants out.

I suppose then that you must believe that all of those thousands of people in marches down US streets waving Mexican flags shown on television were just some sorts of special rate tourist groups in the US for holiday.

Wow, that's a really big leap in assuming, no wonder it's completely inaccurate. Read my post again, Senaden, I never once mentioned anything about immigrants. You know, there are alot of ways to control immigration, but building a wall is absolutely silly. We already have many laws against immigration, but they are not being enforced. Maybe if we actually used those laws we might have fewer illegal immigrants. But in this thread, the topic is about Americans not being allowwed to leave their own country. Who's the prisoner here? This is just a red herring to throw people such as yourself off the track. It's not really about immigrants, it's about lessening American freedoms.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Lombozo,precisely my sentiment. I mean,I know Bush signed the border fence thing,but how long will that take? It's interesting to me, that they drag their feet to control the borders, but they sure as hell are jumping on the opportunity to restrict American citizens' rights to fly.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
So when this law is subject to vote? After the elections? Anyone have a date?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
So when this law is subject to vote? After the elections? Anyone have a date?

Good question, I will see what I can find out.
Speaker of Truth, excellent point. I have read that the govt doesn't have enough money to put up the border fence.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
hasbrouck.org...

That doesn't look like a proposal. It looks like people commenting on why the law shouldn't be passed. Are there anymore websites that have anything on this or just the one?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
ForestLady,it may not.It's going to be in the billions of dollars. Then again, money may just be another excuse not to do it.
I suspect that they are trying to turn us into another France which basically,from what I have heard, has open borders.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
The question I have is a simple one. Ok, it's going to get a little tougher to leave the country.

i think, that if this passes on Jan 14, that question is going to become very irrelevant. As you can already see, very little is being done to curb illegal immigration. i'm not against immigrants, being a child of them myself, but don't you think, that if illegal immigration really was an issue to them they would tackle it more and then some first, before even thinking about blocking people in? the illegal immigration issue is, and always was, a facade. i'm not speaking to you in personally lombozo, but it's funny how many (of them) complain about there not being enough 'room' in the country, yet propose absurd laws like this...
yesterday i was so sure, but after thinking about how habeus[size=0](sp?) corpus went down without even so much as a fizzle, i can only pray that this law doesn't come to pass...

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Huria86
hasbrouck.org...

That doesn't look like a proposal. It looks like people commenting on why the law shouldn't be passed. Are there anymore websites that have anything on this or just the one?

ahh...it appears you're right. i posted that late last night, and only got to the first half of page two before i got tired and went to bed.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by karby]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Another PDF that summarize it... it's from DHS... I didn't red it.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
In a country where habeas corpus and posse comitatus have been effectively repealed, it wouldn't be surprising if they restricted travel as well.

Habeas Corpus has been repealed? NOT! That's the same kind of spin that article is using to scare people into sending money. It's the same old formula. Scare you and then ask you for money to scare you with more highly exaggerated spin. It's bad enough we have to put up with the spin from politicians and the media without embracing ignorance ourselves.

A much better question would be why would anyone not want the borders secured while this Jihad is going on? Why are people so quick to protect criminals and our countries enemies? If this country is so bad, why are millions annually trying to sneak in illegally? Because it sucks here? Yeah sure, they risk their lives to sneak into the US because of how horrible it is here. They want to leave their lives of luxury in the Third World and share in our misery. They view it as an obligation to the world to come here and share in our suffering. Enemy propaganda pure and simple.

You should all take a look at the real Mexico. I have. Not the sanitized version in tourist towns. The REAL MEXICO! Then stop and think if you really want that here in our backyard. Go ahead. Jump into a car and cross the border and start driving from slum to slum in the small towns unarmed and unprotected. Be sure and advertise the fact you are a US citizen so you can find out just how much you are loved. Flash a little cash in a village. Go ahead, I dare you. See if you prefer gang rule to our system?

I should reveal my wife's sister was brutally butchered by an Illegal Immigrant. She was taken into a Motel room and stabbed over and over and over again until she bleed out and stopped fighting back. Blood on every wall and the ceiling. The police said she put up a real fight. Why did he do it. He says because she insulted his manhood by fighting back when he tried to rape her. Of course the judge granted bail and his good little crack dealing, Illegal Alien friends are trying to raise the money as I'm writing this. The police tell us if he bails that all he has to do is move one town over and they will never find him again and there is nothing they can do. They do not even know his real name as he was carrying more than one ID, both fake. He had a job though. He was "contributing" to the US economy and of course he should be given the benefit of the doubt even though he confessed and bragged about the murder. Next time you get all emotional about a few National Guard Troops on the border, you think about the fact that this happens daily because of the open border. These animals pass freely back and forth over the border without fear. It might be your sister or daughter next time. I wish there was a way to get them to only commit crimes against the open border crowds families. That way at least they would be amongst friends and their victims would care about them.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Wow, interesting links indeed.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by InDirectViolation

A much better question would be why would anyone not want the borders secured while this Jihad is going on?

Exactly my point!! It really doesn't make much sense to leave our borders open.I think we need to secure the Mexican and Canadian border. To be honest, the Canadian border is just as crucial,if not more so, than the Mexican because any "terrorist" that would come into the U.S is likely to come in from the Canadian side.

Some have tried to turn the whole border control issue into a racial one. That it is not. If this "war on terror" is real, which I have my doubts,kind of like the whole "war on drugs," then we certainly should go about securing our national ports and borders.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

Lombozo
If America is no longer the "land of the free" the want to come here will be a lot less. Why would people leave the same crap in their country to come to the same crap in our country?

Pie

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

In a country where habeas corpus and posse comitatus have been effectively repealed, it wouldn't be surprising if they restricted travel as well.

Habeas Corpus has been repealed? NOT! That's the same kind of spin that article is using to scare people into sending money. It's the same old formula. Scare you and then ask you for money to scare you with more highly exaggerated spin. It's bad enough we have to put up with the spin from politicians and the media without embracing ignorance ourselves.

Did you not hear anything about the Military Commissions Act that was signed by Bush last month? It was all over ATS. It established that anyone, including U.S. citizens, can be tried by military tribunals, meaning no habeas corpus. You can label anyone a terrorist, hell the Denver Police had the Quakers on their list as terrorists. True fact. But yes, it means that U.S. citizens are no longer protected by Habeas Corpus. They don't repeal anything in the Constiution, that would be too obvious. But they do it by passing laws that directly contradict the Constitution. I did say "effectively removed".

You are playing right into the hands of the govt. They want you to be so scared of the terrorists that U.S. citizens demand a fence to be built around America. No free country has ever done that, nor would they even think about it if they were truly free. I am not giving up any of my rights to trade them for "security". Remember what Ben Franklin said (paraphrasing) "Those who give up freedom for security deserve neither."

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
InDirectViolation, I am so sorry to hear about your familys loss. This is something that is happening more then most people believe. Everyone should read this PDF to see what is really going on with our South west boarder.
tancredo.house.gov...

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
i can add this i live along the border my little town for many many years had a small customs building sitting at the border crossing, That small building is all they have ever needed, traffic can pick up at the border crossing pretty good at certain times of the day in the winter (it is only 3 miles from a major ski resort).

Over the last couple years they have completely changed the landscape put in a multi-million dollar complex where to this day still only 1-2 custom agents work at a time. i have asked one of the agents (i go through the border about once a week to buy cigarettes at tax and duty free) if the building was even necessary he said no they dont even use 1/4 of it. At this new building they have completely changed the road to where you have to drive through a little maze to get to the canadian border station right now they have a road going around to the right of a outward bound check in booth ( or check out?).

So it seems to me that this is something they have been planning for sometime because this building was in the process of being built for a few years.
On top of that it is kinda iritating for us border towns to find out we are going to have to have a passport just to go visit friends and family in the near future.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join