It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Agony

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
What Magicmushroom is asking is what is the source of the fire within them.
Orangetom

There is little difference between studying how the subconscious mind works and the spiritual studies of the ancients in this regard.

To the Buddhists desire and suffering are the same and are called a fire.
To ancient Christians the eternal fire of those desires is called the Lake of Fire.
To modern psychologists the burning relentless desire to control all that there is comes from deep seated insecurity and fear.

In an adolescent individual this comes about as they attempt to conceptualize an identity and purpose for themeselves, so as civlizations grow through stages of growth like individuals this would indicate that the source is lack of experience and immaturity on a planetary scale.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nowthenlookhere

So.. who REALLY controls the financial system? The answers is not nearly so exciting or mysterious as somew would have it.... The answer is US! We, collectively, through either action, or inaction, make up the market for all goods and services, incuding money itself. There IS no bigger force in the economic world than that.

Some people might find these links a suitable starting point.

Berkley Webcast Lectures : Econ 100B

[edit on 6-11-2006 by nowthenlookhere]

I understand the capitalist point of view for I used to be one of them and I suppose to some extent still am, only now I know enough to avoid their pitfalls. You say there is no one person controlling the money supply, I agree, it is a group of people. Maybe you are right and I don't get it, but tell me then who we (america) owes trillions of dollars to? Why do we have laws concerning the ownership of gold? Why is it acceptable that the federal reserve sytem be allowed to print an endless supply of cash and then charge us and our government interest on this fiat money?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Only having read a bit of the first page, I know the parasite to which you are referring. Has the PieMan been in for a visit yet?

I think Parasite is a good name for such things

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

YOu subscribed someone else to the Jewish Conspiracy. I never saw this in Magicmushrooms post at all. YOu assumed it was so and called it Anti Semitism.

When the OP doesn't clearly state his position, all is fair in subscription. It wasn't unfair nor unsupported. I also called it anti-Jewism, not anti-semitic. Trust me, I had some threads where this was clearly explained.

If the public actually knew the practices of many of these Ancient nations they would be shocked.

Then SHARE your great knowledge with us. Since you are obviously above the 'public'. I myself am 'public', and in being so, I do not know how, or have the tools to learn of the shocking practices of Israilie juxtiposed nations.

TELL ME YOUR KNOWLEDGE. IT IS THE ONLY WAY A PUBLICAN LIKE MYSELF CAN LEARN.

Actually, nevermind, I don't want your knowledge. I want the OP's knowledge.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senaden

What Magicmushroom is asking is what is the source of the fire within them.
Orangetom

There is little difference between studying how the subconscious mind works and the spiritual studies of the ancients in this regard.

To the Buddhists desire and suffering are the same and are called a fire.
To ancient Christians the eternal fire of those desires is called the Lake of Fire.
To modern psychologists the burning relentless desire to control all that there is comes from deep seated insecurity and fear.

In an adolescent individual this comes about as they attempt to conceptualize an identity and purpose for themeselves, so as civlizations grow through stages of growth like individuals this would indicate that the source is lack of experience and immaturity on a planetary scale.

Modern Psychologists??...Psychology...from the Greek word Psyche...

Meaning Soul...religion ...

Etymology.

There is a huge difference here.

It is easy to confuse science with religion...on those who dont know the difference or the language.

All religions are obviously not the same religion...by the very fruits they produce or dont produce.

Someone doesnt want this taught in public schools either..as stated previously ..to keep all knowlege the same ...all religions are the same...so it doesnt matter...NOT!!!

I have even noted by the very fervor..the zealousness..the devoutness that to some ...science just like politics is a religion..by the very devoutness/dedication of its adherents/faithful. YOu have to teach yourself to think outside of public education to figure this out too.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You posted:

"Then SHARE your great knowledge with us. Since you are obviously above the 'public'"

This is not worthy of your talents. You can do much better at extending your desire for Knowlege.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Did you stop reading my post after that line?

I went on to explain why I have no other way to gain that knowledge. I grew up in the public education system.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by photobug

Originally posted by nowthenlookhere

So.. who REALLY controls the financial system? The answers is not nearly so exciting or mysterious as somew would have it.... The answer is US! We, collectively, through either action, or inaction, make up the market for all goods and services, incuding money itself. There IS no bigger force in the economic world than that.

Some people might find these links a suitable starting point.

Berkley Webcast Lectures : Econ 100B

[edit on 6-11-2006 by nowthenlookhere]

I understand the capitalist point of view for I used to be one of them and I suppose to some extent still am, only now I know enough to avoid their pitfalls. You say there is no one person controlling the money supply, I agree, it is a group of people. Maybe you are right and I don't get it, but tell me then who we (america) owes trillions of dollars to? Why do we have laws concerning the ownership of gold? Why is it acceptable that the federal reserve sytem be allowed to print an endless supply of cash and then charge us and our government interest on this fiat money?

Bingo..well said..well said...

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline
Did you stop reading my post after that line?

I went on to explain why I have no other way to gain that knowledge. I grew up in the public education system.

I grew up in the public education system too. I have spent most of my life working to get over it.
You can do it. I have met many who have and we are learning more all the time.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I think I got the point Bandit. Did magic u2u you the answer?

No, he didn't.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
We don't have the time. The stake of our country and all future countries rely on you sharing your great wisdom with us. It could take me years to learn what you know. By then, it'll probably be too late.

Too bad your ego will let our great country succomb to the killer parasite.
I'll say hello when we meet in the bread line.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

[

There is a huge difference here.

It is easy to confuse science with religion...on those who dont know the difference or the language.

Orangetom

I did not mention science.
Psychology which is based on case studies, or stories, is much the same as the ancients' way of studying what motivates or inhibits people though stories, or case studies. I see neither school of learning as one we recognize as science today.

Even if imagination could be produced and tested in a bottle, there is still a viable place for both forms of study in our present time. Education fields should adapt, evolve, and change rather than be feared and eliminated altogether.

If one group is not up to the challenge then there will be others who will be simply out of the instinct to survive.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by Senaden]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Nextguy, the knowledge you seek is not hidden its is only the conditioning of your mind that prevents you from seeing it. knowledge is found in may places, your education is part of that conditioning. You have to seek the knowledge elsewhere, dont give up to easily, only by using ones mind do we learn.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Ok MM,

My knowledge is fine. Your super ego's have blinded you to the extreme sarcasm in my posts.

This thread, and some of the posters manners of posting is a joke.

I leave asking this question.

There is a term for the type of 'teaching' that you are trying to do here. Do you know what that term is?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

We don't have the time. The stake of our country and all future countries rely on you sharing your great wisdom with us. It could take me years to learn what you know. By then, it'll probably be too late.

Perhaps time is limited but there are still things you can do to prepare yourself.

At a minimum

1. Build up your net worth through tangible assests.
2. Buid a stock pile of at least food, water, and other basics. This is cheaper than you think even cheaper than your normal grocery bills.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

There is a term for the type of 'teaching' that you are trying to do here. Do you know what that term is?

Real teaching. Real teachers don't provide the answers. They give you the questions and make you work for them...
You learn the material more effectively like that.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by photobug
..but tell me then who we (america) owes trillions of dollars to?

Well, personal debt is obviously owed to whoever you borrowed it from. The national debt, which I assume you're refering to, is owed to whoever holds the treasury securities (T-bills, t-bonds etc) issued by the government. That many be private individuals, pension funds, other government agencies and funds (social security etc), foreign governments... or the federal reserve.

If the government borrows money from the latter, it is essentially creating new money, or monitizing the debt. This increase in the money supply has inflationary influence, which in tern reduces the value of the debt in real terms, so in essence it balances itself out, IF the money supply is managed properly. The aim is to keep the money supply increasing slowly and steadly, encouraging slow steady economic growth.

There are of course arguements on either side as to how good a system this is, and whether or not effort should be made to pay down the debt, but that's basically how it is.

Why do we have laws concerning the ownership of gold?

Mostly for tax reasons... certainly that's the case in the UK. Gold, though it's value does vary, is almost as good as cash in many peoples eyes, and if there were no restrictions, anyone could in theory do business, and indeed set up their own financial system outside the view of the IRS. And the government doesn't want that!

Why is it acceptable that the federal reserve sytem be allowed to print an endless supply of cash and then charge us and our government interest on this fiat money?

Someone has to create new money, otherwise there would be no liquidity in the financial system. Then we would truly be back to a feudal system, with ALL the power being back in the hands on the few with their gold filled vaults. If they chose not so spend their money, where would the economic activity come from support the rest of the people? talk about preoblem-reaction-solution.... it seems people here really ARE calling for a return to the middle ages!

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Real teaching. Real teachers don't provide the answers. They give you the questions and make you work for them...

Maybe your knowledge isn't as superior as you may let on. There is a real term for it. Use your out of the box resources to figure it out.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Your statements are in essence correct however lets not forget that the federal Reserve system is privately owned through stock ownership. Those that hold the stock reap the trillions in profits. All of Americas financial dealings are audited and made public record, why is the Federal reserve not audited and why are the figures not made public.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Of course one should ensure that the teacher actually has a clue WTF they're talking about.

The patronising, self appointed ones on this thread, and by your statements that does include you, clearly don't. Readers will of course make up their own minds.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join