It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Agony

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars
Fortunately, I don't feel I have to completely understand 'economic' theory to get the big picture.

Scary.. ignorance ebraced....and worse than that, you seem to have elected a government that holds knowdedge and learning in equal disregard when it comes to world affairs and other cultures. For that, I truly pity you. You will always have the government you deserve and I am glad I have no part of it.

You're right on one thing though. and Magicmushroom too. Unless you guys starting waking up, your nation is [snip].

[edit on 8-11-2006 by nowthenlookhere]

Mod edit: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

[edit on 9-11-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nowthenlookhere

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars
Fortunately, I don't feel I have to completely understand 'economic' theory to get the big picture.

Scary.. ignorance ebraced....and worse than that, you seem to have elected a government that holds knowdedge and learning in equal disregard when it comes to world affairs and other cultures. For that, I truly pity you. You will always have the government you deserve and I am glad I have no part of it.

You're right on one thing though. and Magicmushroom too. Unless you guys starting waking up, your nation is [snip].

You sort of contradict yourself in the sense that you imply that I'm 'embracing' ignorance while at the same time you knock MM and I for not 'waking up' when it's obvious we have open minds and we are trying to do that VERY THING.

"you seem to have elected a government that holds knowdedge and learning in equal disregard when it comes to world affairs and other cultures.

Careful there Mr.. you DON'T know who I'VE vote for recently or in the past but if you are as intellegent as you seem to be you have probably realized that at the moment it probably doesn't matter who we vote for anyways.

We may have the government we deserve but you can't speak for my soul on a personal level. TRUST ME when I tell YOU when the final shoe drops YOU WILL HAVE A PART IN IT..

And for that I pity YOU.

One thing we can agree on "Unless you guys starting waking up, your nation is [snip]. "

What an irony.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]

Mod edit: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

[edit on 9-11-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
How much time and effort by how many has been spent on 9/11, were all guilty of it. How many of those have gone marching on the Whitehouse for the thruth, how many demonstrations in the street?

Heck, the day 9/11 happened i noticed timeline discrepancies, which were confirmed only recently, by clocks stopping at the wrong time at the pentagon, so i'm basically a day 1 CT'ist, so i have probably wasted my share of time on 9/11.

This wasted time gave me at least some familiarity with the subect, though, which now allows me to ask certain nagging questions no-one seems to be able (or willing) to answer, which in turn might just foster overall awareness. once people stop making up 'explanations' for peculiar events and 'coincidences' it's only a small step towards embracing the existance of a shadow elite. if used as a tool, i see no wrong, of course our job is not proving 9/11 per se, but you've got to start somewhere. the fed scam is another good avenue, but money is taboo for good reasons

with that out of the way, i think you failed to establish parasital continuity. first off, what you said can be as easily explained by man's overall greedy and envious nature, which results in waves of apocalypse from time to time, there is no obvious need for survival of the 'elites' even though it might still boost the parasite. then we still have to urgently explore the nature of the paraite's loot, how exactly do they suck peoples dry (what do they take and why) and what could they possibly take along to the next civilisation. the transition to China is not the norm, where tools, machinery and industrial procedures are being directly transferred to the new host, how, f-ex did the transition from Egypt to Rome take place, if it happened at all? finally, we still don't know WHO would make the move: families, 'wizards' chosen by fate, or 'ordinary' people unwittingly unearthing the seeds of doom?

in today's world, i think it's easy to spot a leech by studying them, how the look around, their mimics, how they move, general conduct, even anecdotes, not so much what they say, because that's mostly doctored. f-ex. blair's wife, it is said, was once invited by a store clerk to take (one item) she wanted for free - she took the invitation litterally and plundered the store... pretty damning if you ask me. likewise there's a story about H.Clinton and Waco... but that is to be expected considering we are very likely at the cycle's end

slightly on topic, a broader outlook

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
sorry, my last post wasn't as clear as I should have made it.

I meant you and MM are right in that people need to wake up. What you aren't seeing is that I have been trying to wake you up.

and yes, if the US implodes, it will most llkely take the rest of the world with it to some extent, which is why it matters to the rest of us that you get a grip.

btw. I don't know or care who "you", the person voted for.. but "you" the nation, did choose your leaders. That is the "you" to whom I refer.

Thankfully, given the lastest election results, the tide may be turning.. an not a moment too soon..

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

sorry, my last post wasn't as clear as I should have made it.

I meant you and MM are right in that people need to wake up. What you aren't seeing is that I have been trying to wake you up.

and yes, if the US implodes, it will most llkely take the rest of the world with it to some extent, which is why it matters to the rest of us that you get a grip.

btw. I don't know or care who "you", the person voted for.. but "you" the nation, did choose your leaders. That is the "you" to whom I refer.

Thankfully, given the lastest election results, the tide may be turning.. an not a moment too soon..

"what we aren't seeing". Hmm.. is the justification (indirectly or not) of the federal reserve "what we are not seeing"?

Well, glad you cleared that up because I'm not going to allow anyone to link my soul with that of the nations'.

"and yes, if the US implodes, it will most llkely take the rest of the world with it to some extent, which is why it matters to the rest of us that you get a grip."

Oh, I have a grip. and.. "most likely take the rest of the world with it to 'some extent'"?

Well... maybe at first but like I said earlier.. I'm talking about the 'final shoe dropping'.

Re 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And the kings of the earth, and the rulers, and the chief captains, and the men of wealth, and the strong, and every servant and free man, took cover in the holes and the rocks of the mountains;

Re 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: And they say to the mountains and to the rocks, Come down on us, covering us from the face of him who is seated on the high seat, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Re 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and WHO shall be able to stand? For the great day of their wrath is come, and WHO may keep his place?

Interesting the specificity:

"And the KINGS of the earth, and the GREAT MEN, and the RICH men, and the CHIEF CAPTAINS." THEY are not even going to be able to hide.

And I think I pointed out earlier who God points the finger DIRECTLY at the MAIN cause of his wrath:

Re 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived"

"for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived"

Easy for some of us to 'see'.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I have to say tht the argument between nowthenlookhere, and Veiwfromthestars, has ruined this thread. Who in there right minds can read thru all that crud you two slung at each other? Holy moses will you two get a grip?

Thank you. Rant over...

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
With respect View, I can see this is going nowhere.. I think I'm going to step back let this thread develop.. I already feel like I've monopolized it a little! (hope mushy doesn't mind.. he gets the ats points!
)

And I can see from your scripture references that we come from such different world views that they cannot be reconciled. So for my part, I'm calling it a day.

Peace

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well, you know I didn't mean for all of it to be 'crud'.

I'll leave it up for other people to decide what's crud and what's not.

Ok.. I'm with you on that one Nowthen.. I'll step back too because I sure wouldn't want to 'monopolize' any thread by any definition.

I'll stop for now trying to put a 'face' on the 'parasite'.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Longlance, The point I was making about 9/11 was that its not wrong for people to explore and debate the issue but its about balance and looking in the right direction. Those who created 9/11 have filled the stage with many discrepancies to redirect the attentions of those who seek to find the truth.

Man has many flaws and yes we can be turned to the dark side but we can be turned to the light as well. There is no need for a nation of haves or have nots. What is the recent history of America, it was inhabited by the Red Indian, who in their own right were an advanced people for their day but they were almost exterminated as a race of people. This was not done by the early settelers but by the Goverment and the Military who in turn were controled by the rich and powerful. That was what 150 years ago and now the same practice is being applied again. The indeginous Americans are being used and exploited by those same people, their blood lines are continuous, they make everyone economically dependent on them and then they call the shots.

This small group of parasites for that is what they are control all of us, they have built an illusion where we think we are free and we can do what we like, but it is only an illusion because they have they power to shatter the illusion, with war, famine, deppression. These methods are used over and over again, but it does not have to be this way we can have fair systems, just as laws are made to control us laws can be made to control the excess's these self styled Gods of humanity. We are capable of so much but the few who control do not want that they do not want free thinking sentient beings, we should be far more advanced than we are now but were not becouse of the parasite that lives off all of us.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Now and View I have noticed that you have been in quite a debate, nothing wrong in that, thats what were here for, the only advice I would give is to try and not get to polarised on one topic.
This is a complex issue and one that has many forms and faces, but it is good to see people are willing to talk and use their brains rather than watching the latest mind numbing soap serial.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I don't expect everyone here to see things from my point of view and vice versa but that's the real gem of a venue and discussion like this. Perhaps later something I said will go off like a light bulb and of course, the other way around.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Is the parasite the "Brotherhood of the Snake" The organization made by the prince of the earth, EA? They have been around for a really long time and seem to have fashioned and controlled many of the off shoot secret societies.

They are somehow related to the Priest of Zadok, from Soloman's Temple.

What I have sourced on them appears to fall in line with a base system that octopused out into the many players in the "game" of delusional reality.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
But does any one listen to System of a Down?
There is a song, I wont mention which one, but if you pay attention, they have an answer to this riddle.

Or so I have concluded, just my interpretation, of this thread any ways.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
C'mon advisor, which album is the song on? I DO listen to System, all the time, I love them, I wish I was them!!! (kidding, sort of)

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Just remember that no matter how strong someone else thinks he's a jew, a christian, a communist, a hippy, a liberal, a republican, a catholic, a muslim, a chinese, a iraqi, a american, a canadian, a australian, a briazilian, a black person, a white person ECT.

We are all the same and these divisions are only illusions and just because some people on this planet are blinded by this concept of division, don't let it blind you too.

Just because it's there, doesn't mean it exists.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
Just remember that no matter how strong someone else thinks he's a jew, a christian, a communist, a hippy, a liberal, a republican, a catholic, a muslim, a chinese, a iraqi, a american, a canadian, a australian, a briazilian, a black person, a white person ECT.

We are all the same and these divisions are only illusions and just because some people on this planet are blinded by this concept of division, don't let it blind you too.

Just because it's there, doesn't mean it exists.

Public Schooling????

We are not all the same. Not possible. We are not all brothers. Not possible.

And the creme de la creme... "Just because its there doesnt mean it exists"

Orangetom

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   

OrangeTom,

you mean The Keys to the Gold Vault ? Yeah.. read it, and it does nothing to back up your claims.

You failed to answer the questions I asked you. Answer them, and we can continue the debate.

If you can't, then maybe you should lose that "teacher" hat, and go get a clue yourself..

edit: Actually, I realize that is probably being too harsh. I take that back.. You do seem to understand the basic issue.. inflation as tax, due to excessive government borrowing and spending... but you are so wrong as regard the reasons for it that you are playing firmly into the hands of those who you claim to be opposing!!

please, just answer this :-

Do you beleive there should be a fixed supply of money in the economy, as there would be if all money had to be backed by a finite substance like gold? A yes or no is all that is required!

If yes, then how does this "fixed money supply" system cope with the requirements of a growing economy?

And for discussion.... since you rightly say that increasing the money supply too much leads to infaltion, what do you suppose the effect of reducing the money supply, as you appear to be proposing, might be?

Nowthenlookhere,

I am not for sure you phrased the question in the correct terms or of the terms in which I was thinking. I actually missed the concept on the first reading of your reply here.

Your question " Do I believe that there should be a fixed supply of money in the economy?"

No I dont think there should be a "Fixed" supply of money. I believe the money should have "Fixed" Value...to the "Dollar Weight" or to the "Gold Weight/Silver Weight."

It is in the long run the only way for value to be "Fixed" Fixed means Fixed...not variable. Simple...Fixed.

I am also aware that increases in the money supply such as has been happening since Silver was no longer redeemed for the notes about June of 1968...decreases the value of the dollar in the marketplace.

This is true of any commodity..potatos for example. Flood the market with potatos and the price/value of potatos falls. Money is no different.

There is a certain rationale to the value of money being related to its scarcity in the marketplace.

I remember reading in one of the weekly magazines years ago..Time or Newsweek...about the Japanese buying up so much of the United States and US buisnesses. The concern was that they were buying up movie studios at the time.
I kept thinking to myself....why American Buisnesses. It began to occur to me that they would rather have the buisnesses/property than the dollars. They were smart enough to know the dollars were going to lose value...over time. Get rid of them.
Not a word about this line of thought in the News Media....none of the magazines.

When you see many nations switching to another currency..Euros for example not dollars ..the dollar is going into the tank.
To my knowlege ..when you have a good money..everyone wants to do buisness with you ...verses say the Italian Lire as it was years ago..no one wanted it. The dollar is going the same direction because they wont stop issuing them from the banks enough for the value of the dollar to stabilize/fix.

I keep thinking historically of what happened to moneys like the Hungarian Pengo...some time after WW2 or the German Mark after WW1.
Also what happened to the Mexican Peso some time in the late 1970..I think. The Mexican peso went in the tank and someone bought up anything of value in Mexico for pennys on the Peso so to speak to set up shop. Most likely outsiders...New Owners for Mexico..they are still there.

I found the book "Economic Consequences of the Peace" by John Maynard Keynes a very intresting read if one could endure the boredom to find the choice pieces of wisdom in there. This book and a couple of others is where I began to get the idea that countrys or nations can be bought up for pennys on the dollar after the correct economic conditions are created. Just as effecient as going to war. Probably more so.
I recall Keynes stating to the effect that the quickest way to destroy the Capitalist system is to debauch the currency. This has stayed with me for many years since reading this work. Not nuclear weapons, Not invading troops ..but simple economic collapse.

NO I dont think the money supply should be fixed..I think the value of the dollar should be fixed. This is a very different thing from what the Fed and the Government are doing. Most people here in the states havent a clue. Most are so dumb that they actually think the dollar has backing...you know..gold and silver.

Thanks for your posts,
Orangetom

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Orange thats just the point we are all the same, its only religion, colour and money that seperates people. Do you think someone from a poor background are not as smart as someone who's had a university education. Whilst a native of Africa might not know how to use a computer he can grow crops, he can hunt, he can live off the land and survive in a harsh enevironment, could you. We all have skills for a whole range of activities it does not mean one is greater than the other.

In the western world education is set at the levels required for the work force, that dictates what people will do with their lives. If you had a level playing field all could go to MIT but who would clean the streets, who would empty the bins, who would do all the dirty work none of us like doing. Education is not a fair system is is loaded and dictated by industry and those who control it.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

Public Schooling????

We are not all the same. Not possible. We are not all brothers. Not possible.

And the creme de la creme... "Just because its there doesnt mean it exists"

Orangetom

I think you missinterpreted my message.

i mean that just because divisions with in our own race exists doesn't mean that they should. and frankly they don't exist in my reality because i perceive it the way i chose.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
In the western world education is set at the levels required for the work force, that dictates what people will do with their lives. If you had a level playing field all could go to MIT but who would clean the streets, who would empty the bins, who would do all the dirty work none of us like doing. Education is not a fair system is is loaded and dictated by industry and those who control it.

Education my be unfair.. certainly not all children get the same schooling.. but even if they did, some would still be at an advantage, due to the education they receive from their parents. If the parents run a successful small business, they will impart some of that knowledge to their kids. The child of a garage owner will most likely be at an advantage when it comes to understanding mechanics..

Without taking parental influence out of the equation, it would be hard to truly level the playing field.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join