It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Porton Down Cold War Germ Warfare Tests on TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If you live in the UK, then try and watch this TV programme. Its about the UK's Cold War Biological Warfare programme.

On Monday 6 November, at 19:30, BBC1 (East) are broadcasting a special edition of their series - Inside Out.
Instead of containing the usual 3 story programme, this special edition, “Clouds of Secrecy”, concerns just one subject - Cold War public area Biological Warfare experiments, which were conducted by CDEE Porton Down scientists in the BBC East region.

Obviously, this programme will investigate the 1963-64 Norfolk BW experiments, which involved off-target attacks of the city of Norwich, and the surrounding countryside, with large aerosols of a Cadmium compound - Zinc Cadmium sulphide.

It will also tell the story of the newly discovered series of circa 40 BW experiments which were conducted over Bedfordshire during 1963, with Cardington as the target.

If you live outside of the BBC East region, you may still be able to view the programme as long as you have access to Sky TV. BBC1 (East) can be found on Sky channel 981.

It will definitely be worth viewing.

zero lift

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
thanks for that zerolift

it was a nice change to see that kind of expose` on mainstream tv.

once again thanks for posting as i would not have been able to watch as i am in lincs and east region.

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Thanks for that snoopyuk. There was loads more declassified info concerning these BW experiments, but unfortunately the Beeb couldn't include it all, due to lack of space.

Personally, I thought the BBC did a good job.

Still, at least residents in the East of the UK are now more aware of how their area was used for Cold War Biological Warfare experiments.

Hopefully they'll put pen to paper and lobby their MPs in order to prevent this type of public area research happening again in the future.

zero lift

join