It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A380 wiring issues?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Having worked on the A380 Final Assy Line (FAL) at Toulouse and still having a few contacts who are still there I have heard that the company who manufacture's the wiring harnesses for most of the A380 and its assy's has been given its marching orders!

The company, a french one I beleive, make up and make off the loom's etc, and the various contractors then fit and P-clip the looms as instructed by the work orders they are given.

As an inspector Iwas responsible for checking and signing off a lot of the work done but a lot of it I refused to sign off or have redone as the looms were either to long or too short....how this was done I do not know as the A380 was all designed using state of the art computer programmes.

I have even seen loops of cables between P-clipping points so as to get rid of a excess length loom!.....also cables you could play a tune on due to the lack of length of some of the harness's/looms.

All not good on a brand new multi-million pound airliner which, when the customers inspectors come to inspect it before accepting it and the money is handed over, needs to be 100% perfect.

Has anybody else heard or read anything to confirm the removel of the main wiring contractor.

SV...Out!

new topics

join