It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Information Clearing House disappears?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Something weird is going on with one of my favourite sites. For those who don't know, ICH pulls together stories from all over the net and puts them in one place... "news you won't find on CNN", as their strapline has it.

Now it seems to have abruptly disappeared.

Normally, if a site goes down, you get a 404 message, or at least some sort of error message. Now, however, if I try my bookmark, or even typing the name into the address line of my browser (Firefox), nothing happens. I mean, nothing at all. The little hourglass comes up for a couple of moments, and then "done" comes up on the bottom bar of the browser - and the page stays exactly the same. I've tried clearing my cookies, to no avail. No error message, no timeout message, no "page not found". Nothing, nada, zip. I find this odd, it's never happened to me before.

I notice that this is on the morning of Saddam's verdict. Interesting.

Does anyone know about the www enough to tell me what's going on?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
It's coming up for me. Maybe you need to murder some cookies and try again.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The site is working fine here. Possibly the site could've been overly busy when you were trying to access it?

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Well, it's a relief to know it's just me. Val, I tried clearing my cookies (and said to in my first post, in fact) so I guess later on I'll turn off and try again. It is odd, though, that NO MESSAGE comes up for the site. Does that not strike anyone as weird?

new topics

top topics

join