It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the 'revive-a-thread' thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
having been here a few years now, i have memories of lots of interesting threads that eventually died a death never to be seen or heard of again (unless you happened to be searching for that specific thread or related topic). whilst doing an unrelated search on ats for something else, i came across an old personal favorite thread of mine.

and so this thread is intended for older members to revive any old and interesting threads of theirs (or any other members) for the benefit of the newer members who would not know of or remember them.

apart from the obvious introducing old and forgotten topics to newer members, i think a few of them could be revived with fresh insight from these members.

i suggest that only threads older than 1 year ought to be considered for revival.

so nows your chance to dust down your old favourites and here is mine.......

TV experiment - are you brave enough??

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This is a neat idea, justy. I'm assuming the rules are we bring up one we have started ourselves, right?

My favorite would be my log of the ghosty activity at my house:

Have I Disturbed Some One?

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
i think the only rule should be that the thread should be older than 1 year but i dont think it should matter who authored the thread. if you started it yourself then thats good but if it was another member's thread then thats good also.

the point is just to think back over the years and bring back those threads that were thought-provoking, stuck out for X reason, ought to brought back to public attention etc.

also, there is the point that although YOU may think the 'have i disturbed someone' thread was your best or favourite one, maybe another member may think your investigation into the katrina camps was better and they should have the right to mention that thread as their favourite.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
This is a neat idea, justy. I'm assuming the rules are we bring up one we have started ourselves, right?

My favorite would be my log of the ghosty activity at my house:

Have I Disturbed Some One?

Thanks!

Totally remember this one...I seem to recall this was one of the first threads at ATS that I started following with interest, but never saw the outcome, I dont think. Perhaps its time to revist it.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
conspiracy of missing children is an amazing thread started by ocelot.

what's sad is that its still a relevant thread.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
hmm i did resurrect some threads in differents forum
i'll resurrect that hollow earth thread in this forum-it looks crazy but interesting

here it is www.abovetopsecret.com...

there was a thread created by Majic about "ignorance is winning" here it is(watch out it has some drama,but worth a look)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-11-2006 by tormentor]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I like this idea of reviving forgotten or lost threads of the past. Someday I'd like to contribute new ideas for the Education system. I had a thread about Homework being abolished, which had very good oppinions on either side of it a good or bad idea. Also adding excellent ideas and point of views otherwise.

This can be found at
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
theres a good one here that can always be added to ....
greatest invention in history

top topics

join