It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SADDAM Sentenced to Death by Hanging!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
He ensured a fair western legal system for his citizens,

Your smoking what now?
Apparently, the testimoy of those survivors, including the current President of Iraq--who was tried and sentenced to death under Saddam--are simply notions that should be dismissed when they stated that they were NOT "ensured" nor tried under any type Western legal system under Saddam?

yet the Muslim Fundamentalists (who Seekerof supports) are trying him under a backward Islamic law.

I momentarily support those who tried, determined, and sentenced Saddam to hang. I would have much more preferred that Saddam be retried under Islamic Law, despite how backward you or others deem it to be. The man deserves no better than those hundreds of thousands he sentenced to death.

Seen a Saddam & Sons mass grave up close and personal? I have. Try again.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof in response to Souljah
before they were carried off and maimed, butchered, raped, murdered, and killed. Was that "FAIR," you Saddam apologist?

Where are you getting your deviant information from?

Please tell me about the mass graves. Are they similar at all to the mass graves dug post-2003?

Lastly.. you compromised your opinion with the blatently biased lines in your signature.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Irrelevant

You Sound like a Broken Dalek!

IRRELEVANT!

IRRELEVANT!

IRRELEVANT!

IRRELEVANT!

Seriously - do they teach you this fantastic IRRELEVANT tactics in the USAir Force? Or at the local NeoCon meeting? So what exactly did piss you off? The FACTS I presented - which are for you ofcourse IRRELEVANT, even if Saddam WAS a CIA Agent, and without help of the CIA there never would be an Iraq with Saddam in charge? Or is it the FACT, that American technology and Chemical Agents killed those Kurds, and nobody had a problem with that few decades ago? Wait, wait, let me quote this - I guarantee you shall LOVE IT;

Saddam Could Call CIA in His Defense

A report prepared by the top CIA official handling the matter says Saddam Hussein was not responsible for the massacre, and indicates that it was the work of Iranians. Further, the Scott inquiry on the role of the British government has gathered evidence that following the massacre the United States in fact armed Saddam Hussein to counter the Iranians chemicals for chemicals.

Few believe that a CIA man would attend a court hearing in Baghdad in defense of Saddam. But in this case the CIA boss has gone public with his evidence, and this evidence has been in the public domain for more than a year.

So did you read that correctly? I belive it says, that Saddam was NOT responsible for the massacre, and infact it was yet another FalseFlag operation - probably designed by the CIA, offered to Saddam and he ofcourse went with the plan, since you can not say NO to your Mafia's Bosses, right? After all, they put you to power, they gave you the money and the weapons - they can ofcourse take all that away in a jiffy.

Why should he you apologetic terrorist sympathizer?
See above: No one made Saddam pull the 'trigger', no matter who gave him the 'gun'.

Hey wait a minute - I never said Saddam was as innocent as a lamb, but he is nearly not to be held guilty alone. But, he could not have gassed the Kurds, if he did not have the chemical weapons, and the technology (chemical canisters, mounted onto helicopters), which were sold to him mostly by the West and Russia. Let's Rewind;

The Saddam in Rummy's Closet

Five years before Saddam Hussein's now infamous 1988 gassing of the Kurds, a key meeting took place in Baghdad that would play a significant role in forging close ties between Saddam Hussein and Washington. It happened at a time when Saddam was first alleged to have used chemical weapons. The meeting in late December 1983 paved the way for an official restoration of relations between Iraq and the US, which had been severed since the 1967 Arab-Israeli war.

Rumsfeld's December 19-20, 1983 visit to Baghdad made him the highest-ranking US official to visit Iraq in 6 years. He met Saddam and the two discussed "topics of mutual interest," according to the Iraqi Foreign Ministry. "[Saddam] made it clear that Iraq was not interested in making mischief in the world," Rumsfeld later told The New York Times. "It struck us as useful to have a relationship, given that we were interested in solving the Mideast problems."

In March of 1984, with the Iran-Iraq war growing more brutal by the day, Rumsfeld was back in Baghdad for meetings with then-Iraqi Foreign Minister Tariq Aziz. On the day of his visit, March 24th, UPI reported from the United Nations: "Mustard gas laced with a nerve agent has been used on Iranian soldiers in the 43-month Persian Gulf War between Iran and Iraq, a team of U.N. experts has concluded... Meanwhile, in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad, U.S. presidential envoy Donald Rumsfeld held talks with Foreign Minister Tarek Aziz (sic) on the Gulf war before leaving for an unspecified destination."

Wait - did I read that correctly?

Well it gets more Interesting;

Throughout the period that Rumsfeld was Reagan's Middle East envoy, Iraq was frantically purchasing hardware from American firms, empowered by the White House to sell.The buying frenzy began immediately after Iraq was removed from the list of alleged sponsors of terrorism in 1982. According to a February 13, 1991 Los Angeles Times article:

"First on Hussein's shopping list was helicopters -- he bought 60 Hughes helicopters and trainers with little notice. However, a second order of 10 twin-engine Bell "Huey" helicopters, like those used to carry combat troops in Vietnam, prompted congressional opposition in August, 1983... Nonetheless, the sale was approved."

In 1988, Saddam's forces attacked Kurdish civilians with poisonous gas from Iraqi helicopters and planes. U.S. intelligence sources told The LA Times in 1991, they "believe that the American-built helicopters were among those dropping the deadly bombs."

Sooooooo, you want to know what the People of Halabja say?

Halabja wants Saddam’s chemical suppliers to pay

Well that would mean the US Goverment.

And ofcourse it is IRRELEVANT for you, that the United States Armed Saddam ILLEGALLY!

Your a broken record. Re-read your own question quoted above. :shk:

I'm a Broken Record?

Coming from a Dalek-Sounding dude, who said IRRELEVANT several times!

Saddam was judged in Baghdad because the intern Iraqi government at the time stipulated that Saddam be tried by Western-styled law and not the International "The Hague takes forever to determine a sentence to the point that the one being tried will die in prison before recieving any type determination like Milosevic" Law.

In other words - the US wanted to have a Trial in the Occupied Baghdad, where the current US Puppet Goverment CAN be influenced and the Trial can be manipulated; which would very unlikely happen in Hague, since Netherlands Netherlands are not a puppet state of United States, neither is their goverment.

Furthermore, he recieved the very same "fair" trial he bestowed/gave to those thousands upon thousands that his own state courts gave to his own people...before they were carried off and maimed, butchered, raped, murdered, and killed. Was that "FAIR," you Saddam apologist?

Imagine if he was tried under Islamic Law.
How much more would you be wailing and gnashing your teeth, Souljah?

Hey wait - I Belive that all the butcherng, raping, murdering and killing is still going on in Baghdad! Hey even the US Forces do it - remember Abu Gharib? Or perhaps does Camp Buca ring a bell, where ther are 17,000 prisoners held, most of them innocent, and nobody knows what is going on in there. And let's set the record straight - I am not a Saddam apologist, and if you would have read my posts, I already said that the man was a PIG, and he should get what he deserved. And YES, it would be a whole lot better that he woud be trialed according to Islamic Law too. But nevertheless, what about the people who armed him? The people who gave him the money, the power? If you put a ruthless dictator in charge of a country - and US has done that many, MANY times - then you are also responsible for his actions he does, since it is YOU who have created him, he did not arise from ashes, out of nowhere. And back in the days, US needed Saddam to fight against Iran and their Islamic Revolution.

In fact, Saddam is no better or worse than any number of dictators past or present. General Augusto Pinochet, Ferdinand Marcos, General Suharto, Anastasio Somoza, Pol Pot - these are a few of the bloody dictators responsible for the death of literally millions of people (Pol Pot was responsible for the slaughter of 1.5 million people, Suharto 500,000 or more). These are dictators the United States either supported directly or indirectly over the years.

You want more countries and dictators listed - or the CIA Greatest Hits, put in to power, and were responsible for Millions of Deaths - but still, none of the US goverments, intelligence agencies was never, EVER in an international court of law.

But yes ofcourse - let's just say that all is IRRELEVANT, and that we all are Happy and Glad that Sadda is in court (if we can call that court!), and that he is removed from his ruthless dictatorship, because he Attacked America on 9-11, he had Weapons of Mass Destruction and was closly connected to Al-Qaeda!

For the Post you written, you get my Way Above Neocon Award!

[edit on 8/11/06 by Souljah]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Congratulations on a decisive victory Souljah.

Remember kids, corporate media and government propaganda becomes your reality.

Once there, it's a long and shameful road back.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I have voted Souljah as way above.

I can't wait for the people who really caused Saddam's 'reign of terror' to be held for account.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   

You have voted Souljah for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

bravo

excellent reply

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The past several days have been to me.... days of hope. That the corruption that has taken over Washington will soon diminish.

The recent trial of Saddam that ended with his conviction is just. Should he have been brought to justice in Islamic Law? Probably. But Saddam is getting his due justice. Take away the argument about who gave who what...We only have to back to the first Gulf War. On February 27,1991 The US announced a cease fire in the Gulf War. Shortly there after, Saddam asked his military personnel at the Safwan armistice talks to secure permission from the Coalition for the Iraqi army to operate helicopters Schwarzkopf agreed....Almost RIGHT after. EVERY helicopter that survived the Gulf War was going to southern Iraq to fly attack missions against the Shi'ets. Tens of THOUSANDS were killed by saddams forces. That is just the south....I can post more of the murders and tortures he and his people were responsible for in the North as well.

Saddam is a ruthless killer and deserves the punishment that was handed down to him. Perhaps one day Mr. Bush will have to stand trial for HIS crimes.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Being we are hanging saddam, and publically accusing and convicting him of crimes..

doesnt he deserve a final say?

we are taking this mans life... he was the ruler of a country...

surely if a man is sentances to death in the USA legal system, he is given atleast 1 opportunity to say his words,and his final farewell....

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
For a person like Saddam to be hanged is letting him off too easy.I couild think of other ways of executing him.Like,for instance death by snoo-snoo
My kids and i just finied watching an episode of Futurama,and I thought how fitting and end to a S.O.B. like Saddam.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Secret evidence at Saddam trial

Baghdad - Evidence relating to Saddam Hussein's alleged use of poison gas against Kurdish civilians was given to his genocide trial in secret on Thursday, so as not to embarrass Turkey.

Hmm why once again tippy toeing around so not to offend people .... ?

Saddam and six co-defendants are accused of killing 182 000 Kurds between 1987 and 1988, when government troops allegedly suppressed a Kurdish uprising by using artillery, air strikes, death camps and poison gas attacks.

Just to remind the apologists Why where there .........

Imagine how many more would die if we left right now ?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join