It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My View on Zombies(In accordance to the FVZA)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Zombies are probably real.They are caused by a virus spread by ticks that infect humans rats and other animals.This virus is a mixture of three diseases including rabies.The virus is spread through blood contact and or a bite.This virus increases muscle density giving zombies their strength.Once bitten the person has around 6 hours before which he goes into a coma when he awakens he is a voracious predator.Their central nervous systems die so they literally feel no pain.Most of their brain is inoperable.They can survive with over 3/4 of their brain removed.Zombies are tireless.They do not need oxygen to create energy due to anaerobic respiration.Their blood becomes very thick which
keeps them from bleeding to death,which allows them lose an arm or leg and not die.Zombies do not need a heart because skeletal muscles are used to pump and circulate blood.The only ways to destroy zombies are fire,total annihalation of the brain,and or decapitation.Zombies can cross bodies of water as well as land easily.They move in a sort of shuffle or shamble.They prefer to live in homes.Zombies do not just go after the brain.Malnourished zombies will leave nothing but a pile of bones.Zombies have heightened senses of smell and hearing.They will lock onto your scent and pursue you.They are capable of basic thought and emotions.They can employ stratagy.They tend to hunt in packs.Zombies live from 1 to 5 years before decay destroys them.If confronted do not engage them in hand to hand combat.You will most likekly be killed and or infected.There are many cases of zombies.Just google them.I am not saying there are alot of these creatures but they do most likely exist.I personally havent decided whether or not I believe in their existence but the source of this info says this is hard fact.You cannot call them impossible maybe improbable but not impossible.Before you dismiss this logically weigh and analyze the info.Your feedback would be much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
You mentioned a mixture of three diseases, with Rabies being one of them. What are the other two?

I couldn't find any documented cases of people walking around missing limbs without being bothered by it. Care to bless me with a link?

If zombies don't need a heart because they use skeletal muscles to circulate blood, then why do any of us need a heart? Same thing with the anaerobic respiration. How come a zombie can do it but I can't?

Hypothetically, how would a zombie missing both arms and a leg be able to live in a home? I'd pay good money to watch a zombie hop on one foot while trying to load the dishwasher.

Have you seen 'Shaun of the Dead?' That's my favorite zombie movie, very entertaining.

The only documented stories of 'zombies' I've come across are in relation to voodoo, and they're nothing like the classical horror movie zombie you've described. Please elaborate on how you've come to all these conclusions. If, however, you're trolling, then congratulations! You got me good.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Got to www.fvza.org and click on zombies.Read all the info on them and then go to Famous Cases Or Worst Outbreaks.Come to your own conclusions.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Ugh, the Federal Vampire and Zombie Association? Are you to tell me that this is a real Federal Agency? Have you read the biography of the director of the FVZA? It's poorly written fiction.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Hey as much as zombies scare me and I do think that they could exist (yes I know about damn voodoo) I reckon one day some sort of experiment will go wrong and end up creating some zombie type creature or "rage" ike 28 days later.

Also if you read the disclaimer on the page you posted a link to it says its fiction and meant for entertainment purposes only

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I have some friends who love zombie movies, and especially enjoy entertaining fantasy survival scenarios in the event of a zombie epidemic (or other civil discord).

I think there is actually a book written on the subject - "The Zombie Survival Manual"??

Entertaining thread!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alias54
Got to www.fvza.org and click on zombies.Read all the info on them and then go to Famous Cases Or Worst Outbreaks.Come to your own conclusions.

I came to a conclusion. My conclusion is that the site is of no scientific value, especially (as Almeister also points out) they clearly shows us this little notice:

I hope you're not taking the site serious.

Further the basic biological functionality of humans can't suddenly change because of a virus. To even begin contradicting the "supposed" biological make-up of a "zombie" would be an over-kill. Anyone with basic knowledge of biology could point out the flaws in the theory.

And then there's the issue of Medical Science. Why don't actual medical scientists know about this virus? Why would they hide it - if they know about it? They don't hide any other viruses such as Ebola, AIDS, etc. etc. They also have nothing to gain by hiding any knowledge about such a virus.

It's a very interesting theory for science fiction but far from science fact. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
There is a fundamental biological problem with the notion of a zombie. One needs all the organs and muscles to work at least marginally well in order for even basic motor function to be possible

In this instance, the idea of superhuman strength among zombies (and vampires as well) is sheer fantasy.

Taking on someone in combat who is seriously damaged internally and/or diseased, and whose muscles do not work properly, would be easier than fighting a four foot Grey.

Think about it.

OMG...I am actually agreeing with Gemwolf

[edit on 7-11-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
There is a fundamental biological problem with the notion of a zombie. One needs all the organs and muscles to work at least marginally well in order for even basic motor function to be possible

However if we look at the film day of the dead (yeah its a film but when talking about zombies that all we have to go on) The scientist shows that the zombies live on a pure basic instinct to eat. He even removes all of a zombies organs except the brain and the zombie still wants to eat.

But I am agreeing it does seem unlikey that zombies proper dead people walkng around could happen.

Only thing I can think of is some "rage" type of thing like 28 days later.

Also I did read somewhere of a small insect which crawls into another insects body and takes control of the "host insect"

science.slashdot.org.../09/03/1737245

www.damninteresting.com...

I know there isn't anything said about zombism but its pretty interesting that one insect can make another do something so out of the ordenary. Maybe someday one could evolve to make things attack and kill others who knows

If anything the links are pretty interseting

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
In the old Romero Zombie flicks the Zombies were intended to act as a sort of metaphor for the consumerist,braindead masses of the time.
But I`ve always thought rabies a good alternative theory.
I recently watch a TV program about a girl who had survived rabies,without the injections.The show had some chilling footage of real rabies victims tied to beds,frothing and screaming like zombies.Awful stuff.
The "rabid zombie" would be faster than you average film zombie too-more like the ones in the already mentioned classic,28 days later.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I got tickled out of that web site (pure entertainment, ya'll), I will add some fuel to your thesis fire that zombies are a biological possibility.

A Dr. Skokowski postulated that it is philosophically possible for zombies to exist. That has to do with some really out there psychology and philosophy treasties on qualia. In the end, a man can be subjugated to a zombie-like enslavement....

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by almeister 5000
...if we look at the film day of the dead (yeah its a film but when talking about zombies that all we have to go on) The scientist shows that the zombies live on a pure basic instinct to eat. He even removes all of a zombies organs except the brain and the zombie still wants to eat.

But I am agreeing it does seem unlikey that zombies proper dead people walkng around could happen.

Only thing I can think of is some "rage" type of thing like 28 days later.

The emotional state of the soul in the flesh is neither here nor there in regard to this issue.

Unless there are all the necessary internal organs, tendons, bones, ligaments, and muscles to carry out the movements of the body, that body - no matter how much rage the soul feels within it - is not going to go anywhere.

You remove all the organs from any living thing (even if you keep the brain intact) and it is going to STAY DEAD.

The only way that an inanimate object can be made to move on its own without having the biological infrastructure needed in order to do so, would be through telekinesis.

But that would be goofy, since there are many other ways to use advanced telekinesis that are much more practical and efficent.

Like, for example, creating a fully-grown, sterile, youthful, ageless, healthy, fit, and beautiful body with which to incarnate into.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I think you may have mistaken what I was trying to say paul

I was just saying that in the zombie film the zombies were dead so organs could be taken out such as heart liver stomach etc.

I meant the rage theory as a seperate subject matter because the rage victims in 28 days are alive and human therefore yes if you did take organs out of them they would die.

28 days later are not zombies but I was saying that I think the closest we will get to zombies is something like rage.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think that the thought of zombies from the various horror films is more of a problem than an actual threat. Much like the fear of shape-shifting Reptilians in high levels of government.

Neither of which, in my opinion, exist in the physical sense

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I always wondered how the first person who came up with the ideas of reptillians managed to convince others
most crazy conspiracy ever

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   

You say that as if it's a bad thing.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

You say that as if it's a bad thing.

I remember the thread you started to continue a heated debate that we had. You interpreted me as stating that God was not God - when I really meant that the Judeo-Christian god was not God or a god.

I also remember you asking me if there was anything that would shut me up.

Glad that we have found common ground on the issue of zombies.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I have to post my total disgust at this thread and the fact that so many people even bother to respond to the infantile level of it. I have long suspected that the majority of people that actually respond in an encouraging way to threads like this dont have a clue to what is important and what is moronic.

Censure me as you will but I this is got to be a sign of the times as people that frequent this kind of topic and respond in a manner that encourages it deserve their infantile mind.

To post a thread that reads like "attack of the headless killer virgin astronaut" seem to draw huge responses and this goes to show the level of humanity and what it deems important.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Calm down Mazz...
Of all the threads on ATS you choose this one to vent your "total disgust" at.
Its only a bit of light hearted Undead fun.
There are plenty of threads on ATS which may justify your response more than this one I feel.
This is only a hypothetical disscusion about film Zombies after all.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Ugh. There are so many things wrong with what Alias54 said. Since nobody else has picked it apart statement-by-statement, I guess I will. Let me start off by saying that it is scientifically proven that Voodoo priests and priestesses can create a "zombie-like state" where they will give a certain kind of poison to someone and they will "die", or at least their breathing and heartbeat slows to the point that they appear dead but are essentially in a coma. A week or so later, the shaman digs them back up and gives them some kind of antidote (I think Sea Cucumber is involved?) and moderately cures them, but they still have extreme amnesia and are essentially used as slaves. Now onto the ridiculousness:

"The virus increases muscle density"- What exactly does that mean? A virus couldn't do much except perhaps make your muscles absorb more water, possibly to the point of bursting. It can't just randomly increase muscle mass in a short period of time.

"Their central nervous systems die so they literally feel no pain." - If your central nervous system stopped working, you would die.

"Zombies are tireless.They do not need oxygen to create energy due to anaerobic respiration." - Human beings cannot convert to being anaerobic. If such a virus existed, it could be anaerobic, but the actual human body cannot survive without oxygen.

"Their blood becomes very thick which
keeps them from bleeding to death,which allows them lose an arm or leg and not die."
- Some forms of snake venom work by coagulating the blood and turning it into a jelly-like thickness, making in unable to flow. If blood becomes thick, it can serve no function. It wouldn't matter if you couldn't bleed to death, because your blood can't circulate oxygen and other nutrients that your cells need.

"Zombies do not need a heart because skeletal muscles are used to pump and circulate blood." - Please explain how this would be accomplished. The heart is a specialized organ for pumping blood. Saying that skeletal muscles can replace it is like saying that your liver can be used to breathe.

"Before you dismiss this logically weigh and analyze the info.Your feedback would be much appreciated." - People like you discredit any scientific credibility of the possibility of zombies, vampires, or werewolves.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by Yarcofin]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join