It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Primary Weapon if attacked by Zombies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Cmon I want to see how creative you can get.Tell me what you would arm yourself with in case of a zombie epidemic(which has happened and will most likely happen again).Personally I would choose a katana or a double-edged straight sword.Unlike guns it never needs reloading and is good for close quarters combat which will most likely happen if you hideout in a building.So go on tell me.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I would probably use an m249 PARA, large clip capacity, powerful, but reloading would be a b****, and they are portable.

XL5

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Fire, since its the gift that keeps on giving. Maybe a nice pulsed q/switched laser that can instantly blind a zombie, who then can't see you. A well stocked oil rig out in the water would do well as zombies don't swim.

A welder, steel bars and portable generator would be nice if your on the roof of a building.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
am i the only one who would think a sword in a 1 on 1 situation?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Last time we had a zombie attack around here, i picked up a big rock and started bashin' skulls.

Nah, but if for some strange reason i was confronted with a herd (what do you call a "herd" of zombies anyway?) of zombies i'd like to have either a good battleaxe or a nicely balanced warhammer. I'd take a ridiculously huge broadsword if neither the battleaxe or warhammer was avilable.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Sword for me most definatly. Firearms will just make holes in them, even if its an FN SAW, if I'd go with firearms and machineguns, it'd at least have to be a 45ACP or 50 calibre.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Singing variations of songs from German Operas at the top of my lungs. If you don't think that would be deadlier than any fire, rock, firearm, or sword, send me $19.95 plus $5.95 shipping and handling, and I will send you a 30 minute cd of my favorite excerpts from the Wagnerian epics, sung as only I can sing them.

If you apply now, for the nex ten minutes, you will qualify for a lifetime supply of little gummy, foam-rubber ear plugs ... Just pay shipping and handling.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
This is actually a topic that some friends and I have discussed with great detail.

I myself would definitely use a sword (I actually keep my favorite katana right next to my bed) and I just happen to have a few extras just in case. However, my ex-girlfriend said to me that the drawback to that, would be that eventually, exhaustion would get the better of you and you might not be able to swing anymore. Plus, she expressed that getting close enough to actually use a sword is slightly terrifying and might cause some people to freeze up. Of course, cutting flesh (as any sword enthusiast would aggree with) eventually causes severe dulling of any blade. So, I would suggest one bring a sharpening device (prefferably tungsten-carbide, as it maintains it's integrity with minimal disintegration) with you at all times. And stay away from those fancy show blades (440j stainless and such) because they will shatter. Of course, the sword is only as effective as the one who wields it, so unless you actually practice with a sword, stay away from them because you might only hurt yourself or another party member.
I have a little saying about sword practice..."The killing stroke...is no joke" so take your practice seriously.

Now, usually in your typical party, there is room for only one sword wielder (statistically speaking that is), so if you're just an average joe/jane, you might want to consider a blunt object. A table leg for example. NO POOL CUES! Pool cues can never build enough momemtum and could break at the most inopportune times. And at all costs, stay away from golf clubs. One miss-timed swing and you could bent the shaft, rendering it totally useless. There is some truth in stereo-types, so the baseball bat or the 2x4 tend to be very effective if used propperly.
And, if you do happen to be able to raid a sporting goods store, make sure you get a helmet, shoulder pads, arm and leg guards and a flare gun (it serves as a distraction and a signal). And always make sure that you cover your neck!

Now, hacking weapons, such as an axe or even a chainsaw are absolutely a no-no. First, an axe is too heavy to swing casually (unless you're the tank of the group) and can cause extreme exhaustion too early. Chainsaws, while romantic in a sense, will always run out of gas when you need it the most. And, since gas would be a precious commodity for traveling, don't waste it on a weapon (unless it's a last ditch effort explosive). besides, axe handles can break with enough force and chainsaws can always jam or the chain could snag and break.

Guns. That seems to be the typical approach to zombie killing. Well, this isn't the movies kids. There are several drawbacks to guns. First, you need to know how to load, unload, disassemble/reassemble and clean a gun. Do you know how to do that efficiently? Me neither. Don't get me wrong, lots of people do. So, they're the ones who should be using them. Guns are like any other weapon, they become an extension of yourself, so you must develop an intimate relationship with it to use it effectively. Okay, that being said...There is always two huge factors in dealing with guns. 1) You must have enough ammunition. In the post-apocalyptic zombie fest, bullets/shells are always hard to come by (look at Resident Evil, you get, what...like thirty bullets in the whole game...pain in the ass) so always conserve your ammo. Always go for the head shot. And that brings me to 2) Your aim. If nothing else, aim is the most crucial aspect of shooting. If you keep missing, you wast ammo and wind up zombie chow. Yes, guns are great for taking out targets at a distance. This is absolutely true, however, as previously stated, unless you have a proficiency with firearms, leave the shooting to those who do. Given the chance, yes I would absolutely carry a gun, just in case, but primarily, I would depend on the up-close, intimate approach. (well, the gun would also serve to eliminate myself if I was bitten or hoplessly surrounded).

Now, the last thing I want to touch on is the type of zombie you would be against.
The two main types are the Shufflers and the Runners.
As the name implies, the Shufflers are the slow easily outrun types. Perfect for melee weapons.
The Runners, those are the truly scary ones, because, well, they run. Plus they have a tendency to swarm in an area faster than the average joe/jane can adapt to.
Always size them up, and never climb on to the roof, unless you have a bottle-neck and lots of ammo.
And always try to keep some explosives around you, just in case.
If you're going to go, then take as many out with you as you can.

And that concludes my two cents on the topic.
I actually have quite a few strategies, but I'll save that for another time.

Oh yeah, one last thing, choose your party members wisely. Don't let potential bait slow you down. Cruel? Yes. Practical? You betcha!

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Weapons!? Who need's 'em?
You don't take a knife into a gunfight.
You shouldn't take a gun into a knife fight. That's just bad form.
The zombies try to bite you? You just go right on ahead and bite them!
Hmm...tasty corpse flesh.

Anyway... You've made 3 or 4 zombie related post's in the past few hours Alias... maybe you should look into buying the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks. It's a fictional book set out like a non-fiction/documentary/fact book. It goes into great detail explaining how zombies are made, most effective weapons, best hiding places etc.
So basically it's the DaVinci Code for Zombies!

Brooks' suggestion for ideal personal armaments is an M1 Carbine semi-automatic rifle, a quality handgun with a mounted sight, and a machete. Shotguns and swords may also be used. He advises against fully automatic weapons because only one bullet is needed to bring down a zombie, and more than that would be a waste of ammunition. He also speaks of the Shaolin Spade and how it can be used as a multi-purpose tool for fighting as well as agricultural uses.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Interesting question...

I would probably use my ruger 9mm as my secondary weapon, and mossberg 500 as my primary (considering the only time I would be in peril is close quarters).

I would take the rest of my guns (.357 magnum rifle/revolver, .38 revolver, SKS Rifle, AK-47 rifle, .22 handgun).

I reload 9mm/7.62 cartridges, and have plenty of supplies on hand, so I'd be good on the ammo for awhile.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
flamethrower, for zombie well done

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I would just punch their heads off with my super strength.
That is what I did last time.
It turned out to be much faster than a blade and more accurate than a gun.
Kinda messy though.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
During the last zombie attack, I employed a rapier wit and cutting sarcasm to lay waste to the mindless hordes.

Barring that, I would bludgeon them with my trusty cast-iron skillet; because, everyone knows--you can do anything with a well seasoned skillet.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i will use images

ES FIVE SEVEN

D3/AU1

Krieg 552

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I won't even bother to kill zombies. Instead, I will simply use a holographic projector to create images of Rosie O'Donnel to tempt the hordes of zombies out for a bite to eat. Yummy, the one good thing about Rosie is that there is always plenty of her to go around.

Of course, if things start looking really badly and the zombies start coming for ME.....I'll have to resort to my secret weapon....holographic images and sound bytes of RUSH LIMBAUGH! Naturally, the zombies could not possibly pass up a corpulent specimen like rush and the sound bytes of Rush shouting his "pearls of wisdom" should help dissuade any strays. I should be safe but I think that I'll have to work through the pangs of guilt experienced by subjecting the poor zombies to the likes of Rush.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
I won't even bother to kill zombies. Instead, I will simply use a holographic projector to create images of Rosie O'Donnel to tempt the hordes of zombies out for a bite to eat. Yummy, the one good thing about Rosie is that there is always plenty of her to go around.

Beautiful! That is some darn good thinkin' BT!
That's much better than my idea. I was going to take the first Zombie down to the DMV to eat. The DMV workers are not very quick. When they turn into Zombies, they will be so slow that they will starve to death. That'll end the Zombie problem once and for all.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
For this tactic you need a good sword (ie. katana) and a good gun (ie. m4 carbine).
You also need some good lightweight body armor, some chain mail gloves and a riot helmet.
You take out your first zombie with gun or sword, then cut his arm off, break it in several places and wrap it round your neck and strap it on, this way they will only bite the arm on your neck and think they are eating you (you could also have a magnum for these close encounters) while its chewing on the arm, you put it under it's chin and blow it's brains out.
You can use the sword or either of the guns for the rest, i'll leave you to decide what would be funner.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Chainsaw.

I like to make a mess.

Of course, you can't go wrong with a shotgun

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Y'know, I meant to say this before.
In regards to blunt objects, if you have the opportunity, before you try to smash their heads, try to aim for the jaw.
The area just slightly inferior to the temporal-mandibular joint.
If you can successfully unhinge and remove the jaw, the likelyhood of getting bitten is drastically reduced.
Several well-placed jaw shots, and then you can just take your time with the smashy-smashy.
The key thing to remember when killing (or re-killing as it were) zombies, is to just relax and have fun.
That's what they're there for.
And try not to use a flame-thrower.
Zombies burn very slowly, and even when they are lit, they still come at you.
So now not only do you have a zombie latching on to you, but he's on fire too.
Not a comfortable situation.
And don't get me started on electricity.
That never works.
Zombies lack the live, electrolyte rich fluids that act as a medium for electricity to travel through.
Have you ever tried electrocuting a log?
Doesn't work, does it?
Nope.
Same concept, essentially.
Electricity all but ignores dead flesh.
Acid on the other hand.
Oh acid...what would I have done without you?...
Acid works like a dream on zombies.
A moat of acid, man, now you're talking.
Or even a ditch filled with it.
Just give yourself enough shooting distance between you and the acid pool.
Due to the slow nature of some acids, the zombies may take some time to disintegrate properlly.
So they may still come at you.
Don't let them grab you or else it's kind of like the flaming zombie thing discussed earlier.
Now, if you happen to have access to something cold-inducing, like liquid oxygen or nitrogen, this works like a charm.
Freeze those zombies!
Then you can just shatter them at your leisure.
Of course, generally speaking, 99.99% of people are as of yet, unable to gain access to such chemicals, but if you can, do it.
Let me see...what else...?
I think that'll do it for now.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
A baseball bat. It doesn't need reloading and doesn't get blunt.

That, or I would 'fart in their general direction'.

I'll tell the zombies to lay off if anyone knows what that's from!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join