It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Hussein receives the death penalty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein has been sentenced to death for crimes committed during his rule.

news.sky.com...

There is bound to be revenge and attempts to grab more "power" by different insurgent groups/alliances, but i guess we will just have to see to what extent this happens.

[edit on 5-11-2006 by sanctum]

Edn

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   

The death penalty in Iraq has to be carried out by hanging, according to the country's new constitution. However, Saddam has said he would rather face a firing squad.

Thats what Hermann Göring requested when he was sentenced to hang, he ended up committing suicide by taking a cyanide capsule after he was refused the firing squad.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Good. Saddam has been taken care of. Now only if someone also gave Bush the death sentence, we would be living in a better world.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Good. Saddam has been taken care of. Now only if someone also gave Bush the death sentence, we would be living in a better world.

That is one of the sickest, most ignorant things I think I have ever heard in these threads. "Good that a politically motivated mock-trial sentenced a man to die by hanging, now if only they would kill our President, the world would be a better place." WTF?!

Saddam was a ruthless and cruel dictator. But when a hoax of a trial sentences a man, ANY MAN, to die without letting the defence get a word in edgewise, there is a very serious problem.

George W. Bush is NOT a ruthless and cruel dictator, he is an ex-drug user who took a high level job and got in over his head, and has been manipulated by those around him. He is not, in spite of things, a cruel and heartless person, just incompetent and possibly senile. Do you believe people should be put to death for incompetence?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicotine1982

That is one of the sickest, most ignorant things I think I have ever heard in these threads. "Good that a politically motivated mock-trial sentenced a man to die by hanging, now if only they would kill our President, the world would be a better place." WTF?!

Saddam was a ruthless and cruel dictator. But when a hoax of a trial sentences a man, ANY MAN, to die without letting the defence get a word in edgewise, there is a very serious problem.

George W. Bush is NOT a ruthless and cruel dictator, he is an ex-drug user who took a high level job and got in over his head, and has been manipulated by those around him. He is not, in spite of things, a cruel and heartless person, just incompetent and possibly senile. Do you believe people should be put to death for incompetence?

Nicontine. Calm down and take a deep breath. You are probably right. Infact, you are right about the whole lies thing. The whole war was started on lies. But Bush has caused much more death. He deserves to be punished too. It doesnt matter if hes being manipulated. Its his fault because he is the one who gives out the final orders and lets people manipulate him.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Gee, I coulda sworn the opening post said "Saddam", not "Bush"...

So the karmic wheel has come full circle as it is wont to do...I shed no tears for Saddam, just his victims. So he wants a firing squad? All the more reason to hang him.

As for the defence not getting a word in edgewise, how does one defend the indefensible? As the ruler of a very rich oil nation, Saddam had ample oppourtunity to do well for his people...instead he chose to agrandize himself, to attempt a cult of personality, and willingly chose evil. Karma is a strange thing, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
There was another thread made on this topic that recieved a bunch of comments. To review the comments click here.
SADDAM Sentenced to Death by Hanging!

If you feel the need to quote any of those comments and reply to them please do so on this thread.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by half_minded

Exactly, I'd be willing to bet my own life that Bush is responsible for more deaths than Saddam could even dream of committing.
But putting Bush on trial? Not a fat freakin chance! I saw the death sentence for Saddam when he first walked into court. He was already sentenced to die, the court procedings were a just a show to give the impression of a fair trial.
Saddam was right, it was an illegitimate court, run by a puppet government!

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Timed for the mid-terms. Was this Rove's 'October Surprise'. The timing is perfect. There won't be time for a real back-lash to reach the media before the vote.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
OK. Instead of hangin' him, the which bothers me not in the least, btw; Isn't Elba unoccupyed? It worked for Napoleon, why not Saddam?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Alot of people have been saying the timing of this has been controlled by Bush.
How would he/anyone control it?
How will this benefit anyone other than the Iraqi people?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicotine1982

Most aren't aware, both Bush Senior and W are wanted for crimes against humanity by the UN, the only thing is the UN has no power of enforcement and no country has the balls to kidnap and try the president of the US or his father. Bush has ordered people to death in the same way saddam has. Saddam nor Bush killed themselves, they just order the military to do it.

Also dont forget, when one sect of a country tries to assassinate its leader and there is a civil war, which is exactly what that was, there are going to be innocent lives lost. Could you imagine if britain came over during our civil war and tried Abe Lincoln for killing his own citizens....i dont see the difference.

Im sure saddam tortured, what country at war hasn't. I know WE always have and now even the president openly endorses it. So what does that make Bush....a torturer. He even passed legislation to be able to torture US citizens if they are even suspected of supporting terrorism without trial.

Sounds like saddam, tortured and killed without trials.

So are you gonna stand up and arrest bush when the whole world is afraid to?

Its easy to make spectacle of a leader of a third world country who didnt even fight back but hid after we bombed the # out of both military and civilian districts.

We've supported worse leaders and now everyone is an expert on what a bad guy saddam is. I know he is, i also know most politicians and leaders are. Funny thing we only go after the bad guys who suit our corporate agendas.

The way i see it, over the course of our occupancy we've killed more women and children than saddam did throughout his reign and you're fooling yourself to think that most of them were accidents.

We have no problem detonating low level nukes on civilian districts bombing churches that are full if we know one bad guy is in there. It saves our soldiers lives who might be able to wait outside the church with a sniper rifle and wait for the target to exit. No lets just drop a bomb on them all.

I am currently working on a school paper entitled THE PERVERSION OF WAR. Its about the way tactics have changed since the "gentleman fighting" of the civil war or greek and roman battles fought outside the cities to protect those they love. Now we dont care, nuke em all if it will save a few troops lives. Thats a cowardly way out.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Sadaam the new "Hanged Man" in my Tarot deck!

When did they change the law to make hanging the choice of death in that country?

For the death of 148 people? How many died in 9/11? The scape goat Bin Laden isn't even being looked for anymore.

We really need a foothold over in Iraq, don't we?

I guess we have to be the first to mine all the old treasures that are going to cast Christianity in a light that some don't want others to see in the old Mesopotania.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro Sanchez
Most aren't aware, both Bush Senior and W are wanted for crimes against humanity by the UN, the only thing is the UN has no power of enforcement and no country has the balls to kidnap and try the president of the US or his father. Bush has ordered people to death in the same way saddam has. Saddam nor Bush killed themselves, they just order the military to do it.

So, do you have proof of your claim that the Bushs are wanted for crimes against humanity. I've searched the internet and all I could find was the same article being posted on a few obscure websites?

I'd have thought some of Juniors detractors would have used this against him in order to have him removed from office. I'm sure Al Gore would jump at the chance to have Bush removed.

Furthermore, why are we fooling ourselves thinking that innocent people were killed by accident. I don't agree that coalition forces would make there already difficult job harder by destroying there relations with the Iraqi people. What proof do you have that says innocent women and children were targeted by our troops. There is no sensible reason I can conjure up that would justify this type of actions.

If the whole of politics is, as you suggest, full of 'bad guys' then it would be pretty easy for an honest person to gain public appeal. Go for it man, I'll support you.

Vote Pedro.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Article Excerpt
Saddam's lawyer said the former president urged Iraqis "not to take revenge" on the US coalition and to "unify in the face of sectarian strike".

This gives some insight into his character, as a (deposed) leader.

Now, Bush wanted for crimes against humanity? No, he's not wanted. Anywhere except hell.

I wonder how many others like me began this war blissfully awaiting this day, changed over time, and now that it's come, feel hollow about it.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by byhiniur
Alot of people have been saying the timing of this has been controlled by Bush.
How would he/anyone control it?
How will this benefit anyone other than the Iraqi people?

If you can't see the obvious I won't point it out for you. Enjoy your bubble.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I agree. This is not justice, this is freaking pathetic and the world is expected to swallow this salty snot. If Saddam is to be executed, so should Bush. "Pravda" has an excellent commentary on this /yxdluf . This is infuriating and I wonder when the American People with wake the hell up and rid the world of this most corrupt of regimes. Bush is the fault of the American people - their system has crumbled around their freaking ears and they're too damned stupid and lazy to do a damned thing about it.

[edit on 11/5/2006 by Thinker_1]

[edit on 11/5/2006 by Thinker_1]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
There is an existing and much more active thread on this topic in the War on Terror forum, here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please feel free to continue with the discussion in that thread.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join